RC Racer

Made the jump got an E Revo

Well my RC story began in the eighties with lots of tamiya stuff. Grew up and it sat in the loft for 20 years. Found my 1988 avante in the loft about a month ago. Spend 80 getting it going, little to fragile for me now. So decided to go bigger and tougher, plumped for brushless E Revo more by luck than judgment.

Well what can I say, truly amazing piece of kit. Had ERBE for about a month before went to Lipo's. currently running 6500mah 2S with 18/54 grearing. What can I say about going to Lipo's, it's a totally different beast.

I've been flitting around the forums for a bit, looking a upgrades people are doing, made the rear brace mod with pushrod arm, which seems to work well.

(Let a mate have ago and it ended up in 2 foot deep in water, hour with hair dryer and stripping esc, and managed to get it all working again - phew)

Just like to say all advice and post have been really informative and helpful in general.

Looking at getting a set of road tyres and bigger of road ones. I generally just out for fun and bashing.

No pics at present, but some will come

So big thanks to all posts in this forum.

RC Qualifier
    i'm assuming that ur running the 2s in series?...i've never tried running the 2s in parallel...does it even work?

RC Racer
    Hi, yep in series, series you get twice the voltage at same mah. Parallel does work, you have to change the standard esc to battery wiring, but voltage will be same as single battery but twice the mah.

I'm getting about 40 to 50 mins run time in series which is good enough for me

Congrats on the New truck...

AOD's Links Revo

Erevo 101:
    EREVO FAQ

Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE

Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS

And direct from CastleCreations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

Driver's ED Manual

LED warning light meanings
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    87 GN

Cheers for the links

Will def use them

Sure... but not my work, can't take credit....

Do you still have a friend? (mate have ago and it ended up in 2 foot deep in water) I think you got lucky.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

The eRevo is one awesome truck...I wasn't so lucky with my truck landing in water about a year back...fried my ESC.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Racer
    @ 87 GN and Craig.

Yep still a mate, found it funny once got it working again. Only let him use when there are no truck dips (similar to sheep dips but for lorrys on building site) around.

I've learnt quickly not to let people use my eRevo any more...; just the way I like it now...they get to use the Summit...much much slower .
    Rock n Rolla !