RC Enthusiast

Confused: Please help me with springs.

I have the Big Bore shocks/springs on my brushless. What I'm looking for are softer non-progressive springs that I can throw directly on the Big Bores with no modification or special setup. Maybe I'm just a little slow, but I find it almost impossible to find what I'm looking for on any RC site I've looked at (on a side note, most RC sites are the worst designed websites I've ever seen - i.e. Towerhobbies). Could someone treat me like a 2 year old and point me in the right direction, preferably with a link? Ideally what I'd like to buy is a "variety pack" of soft springs for both front and rear. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneezer View Post
    I have the Big Bore shocks/springs on my brushless. What I'm looking for are softer non-progressive springs that I can throw directly on the Big Bores with no modification or special setup. Maybe I'm just a little slow, but I find it almost impossible to find what I'm looking for on any RC site I've looked at (on a side note, most RC sites are the worst designed websites I've ever seen - i.e. Towerhobbies). Could someone treat me like a 2 year old and point me in the right direction, preferably with a link? Ideally what I'd like to buy is a "variety pack" of soft springs for both front and rear. Thanks.
    If you want a "variety" pack I hear Losi has some good springs but I've never used them.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    I don't have big bores but I do have some LOSI springs on my ultashocks (GREEN on the rear)

Losi Rear Shock Spring Tuning Set (8) [LOSB2963]
    2.7 rate Red springs
    3.0 rate Orange springs
    3.3 rate Silver springs
    3.6 rate Green springs
    $16.49

Losi Front Shock Spring Tuning Set (8) [LOSB2959]

3.6 rate Green springs
    3.9 rate Blue springs
    4.2 rate Black springs
    4.5 rate Purple springs

$16.49

They are slightly progressive but not to the same extent as the traxxas ones. Hope that helps.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys.

I use losi springs on my BB shocks with no modification other than a few spacers on the front. I'm using green front/blue rear and I think the greens are a little soft.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...