RC Qualifier

Proline shocks off Losi Ten-Ts on

I finally got around to installing my new Losi Ten-t shocks. I got some much needed losi bushings for the installation. I also went to local hardware store and spent one hour buying what i hoped would be the right hardware needed. I couldnt be happier with the way they turned out. The four spacer/standoffs were exactley what i needed. They make up the difference when i removed the traxxas aluminum shock mount parts. Cant wait to see what all the hype is about these shocks. Pictures to follow.

RC Qualifier
    Here are some pics. the front and the rear

Sent from not a iphone

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Looks good dd!!! Matches the rest of the blue on your ride. Just be careful when using SS fasteners as they may have a tendency to bend easily on those standoffs.. See how they perform if they do you might want to move up to CS or better. I bent the ones on my Rusty build already using SS ones. I'm going to work on changing them to a higher tensile strenght.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Looks good dd!!! Matches the rest of the blue on your ride. Just be careful when using SS fasteners as they may have a tendency to bend easily on those standoffs.. See how they perform if they do you might want to move up to CS or better. I bent the ones on my Rusty build already using SS ones. I'm going to work on changing them to a higher tensile strenght.
    Thanks digg. Man I went through all that trouble buying additional hardware when all I needed to do is run the plastic bushing through the shock with a screw. I could have kept the traxxas shock mount on. The bigger part of the bushing would have held the shock in place. I went with examples I saw on the Internet, as far as which way the bushing goes. Going to find out if the screws will bend today at the parking lot races. There will be one jump on the track.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You have them mounted right. I have mounted them the opposite way to. Just as long as you have a washer to keep it from sliding whichever direction you are good to go. Of course a nut to keep it in place.

The problem i'm having with mine is the screw i'm using is a hair smaller than the standoff so that little bit of play takes away from the ridgity of it. I also feel using SS isnt my toughest choice either.

Hope ya have fun at the track today. I'm jealous.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    A bit off-topic but I wanted to ask if the swaybars do have influence in the handling of the pede. I just installed mine today but I'm waiting on new driveshafts so I can't really test it. When everything was installed and the suspension was mounted I only noticed it feld a bit stiffer but one side was not able to lift the other side at all. Is this to be expected?

Again sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I noticed the swaybars onb your pede.

Thanks,
    -Johan

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JHN View Post
    A bit off-topic but I wanted to ask if the swaybars do have influence in the handling of the pede. I just installed mine today but I'm waiting on new driveshafts so I can't really test it. When everything was installed and the suspension was mounted I only noticed it feld a bit stiffer but one side was not able to lift the other side at all. Is this to be expected?

Again sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I noticed the swaybars onb your pede.

Thanks,
    -Johan
    No problem man. As per the traxxas sway bar instructions, after installing them remove all the shocks. Raise up on a-arm and the opposite side should start to lift also. There will be a little delay when the other side lifts. It should lift though.

RC Qualifier
    Well at the parking lot races today my new shock mounts held up well. Very impressed with these shocks also. Bad thing is though, I got beat by a blue/white traxxas ralley car! I did manage to spin out the ralley car once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    No problem man. As per the traxxas sway bar instructions, after installing them remove all the shocks. Raise up on a-arm and the opposite side should start to lift also. There will be a little delay when the other side lifts. It should lift though.
    Thanks, that part I had right already I was wondering if there's any difference in performance, because after installing the shocks back on, the function of the swaybars seem to be reduced a lot. And since I can't drive yet I was wondering if it really helpes performance in driving.

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Looks cool! It also looks like it's going to put a lot more stress on the shock tower just because of leverage. I guess if you're not bashing that might not be a problem.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JHN View Post
    Thanks, that part I had right already I was wondering if there's any difference in performance, because after installing the shocks back on, the function of the swaybars seem to be reduced a lot. And since I can't drive yet I was wondering if it really helpes performance in driving.

Thanks
    I could tell you yes or I could tell you no. The fact is I don't know. My problem is, I never got the feel for this truck before adding upgrades. I got carried away and bought better parts every day for almost a month. I am racing now at lhs parking lot. It is concrete of course. I am just now starting to learn how to set up truck. Yesterday while racing, a semi professional guy was watching my truck and giving me driving tips along the way. After the race he grabbed my p4de and gave it a looking over. He asked me what weight shock oil and he was studying my sway bar set-up. He advised me to move the collars on sway bar further back on front and back. Do this to prevent body roll. He also said to install a firmer bar. I do have the black bar installed, and that is the firmer bar. I have protrac kit and gloc tires installed for lot racing. I can tell you this much, my p4de is very competitive and I get a lot of comments on how it performs. Even the guy with new traxxas ralley car told me that he can't believe my pede handles as well as it does. Oh and I haven't rolled it much since installing the sway bar kit. It is taking me a while but I am learning about setting it up. Good luck with yours!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gtlightning98 View Post
    Looks cool! It also looks like it's going to put a lot more stress on the shock tower just because of leverage. I guess if you're not bashing that might not be a problem.
    thanks glightining. I bash, but it is selective bashing. I use my p4de more for racing at the moment. Believe it or not. My p4de looks radical making its way around the parking lot track. They have two jumps also on the track. I am so happy with my investment. Traxxas has made a vehicle I can bash, race, jump and do speed runs with. You can't beat that!

RC poster
    Awesome and honest reply Don! Sounds like a lot of fun racing on that lot, don't have anything like that here, or people doing it, so I will be bashing on/offroard more than racing, can't wait till my new stuff arives and I can race again, it's been 3 weeks without and I need my fix
    Thanks!

Your shocks look real good quality my wife has just got me traxxas big bores so i hope i notice a change when jumping and racing....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Your shocks look real good quality my wife has just got me traxxas big bores so i hope i notice a change when jumping and racing....peace
    Thanks. I have big bores all around on my p2de. I use red integy springs. No complaints here. Traxxas big bores are great shocks!

I did not want to tell her they were no good but a few people said they are good so i can stop worrying now. I wanted to to get caster racing big bores but i am now happy with these traxxas ones thanks dirty don...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!