RC Qualifier

My Hawk2 restoration

This is wear I'll run my Hawk2 restoration fix it as it breaks post. So far Mmp and Reedy Sonic 6.5. Bearings in, 50wt in the diff. Trx red camber links, Rustler axle shafts. RPM a arms and axle carriers in rear with bearings. Working on self fabricated front skid bumper combo.

Last edited by Mrmerv76; 10-27-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    Watch out youll need new gears because that motor/esc combo will ruin them
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Qualifier
    Noticed I have nitro style yokes. Upgraded the ring on the planetary gear to steel swapped out rear shocks and set the suspension up for the asphalt. Installed trx toe links up front and laid out skid plate
    brace.
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Champion
    Awesome,another Hawk2 fan on the forum!!! I was starting to feel kinda lonely,lol.

Mrmerv76,Welcome to the vintage electric forum. I'm probably the biggest Hawk2 fan around here and I can hardly wait to hear how your project is going.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Yup I'm here for ya bro. I've noticed it's basically a rustler but a few details are different that are better IMO. Will add rpm arms to the front and replace servo when it goes and trx caster blocks n front carriers. I love telling people they just got smoked by an 18yr old model. Well chassis.
    Last edited by Mrmerv76; 10-31-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    Looking good man. Nice to see someone bringing a old one back to life. I will keep an eye on your progress.

Sent from not a iphone

RC Champion
    Cool!!

I forgot to mention this earlier, in case you didn't know, that Stampede body mounts fit the Hawk2 perfectly.

Most of the guys that have seen my Hawk2 in person thought it was a modified Stampede, until they saw the chassis. Then they had no clue what it was.

But I went a slightly different route with mine. Larger tires,Stampede shocks,body mounts and Diff. kit. Everything else, other than the radio gear and electronics is factory stock Traxxas Hawk2 parts. So it looks more or less like a stock Hawk2 with Sledgehammer tires on it.

I've been bashing the stuffing out of my Hawk2 since the summer of 2006 and I have a riot every time I run it.
    Last edited by MOPAR MARV; 11-02-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx