RC poster

Ez start and water

So I've noticed every time I run my slayer thru a puddle large or small the ez start motor won't work untilit's dried out it seems to be right in the spray of rear tire so I used some foil and a small amout of silicon to protect it from direct spray if it works I'll share how I did it and post some pics as I've noticed quite a few posts about water and the e z start system

RC Qualifier
    i post some pics. you could just do a fender flare
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC poster
    Worked for a few runs but water found its way in so it's back to the drawing board for another round but I think the fender flare is def a good idea once I get this to work for repeated runs I will def post some pics

I wouldn't run in water, even puddles. I know it can be fun, but with nitro, I just won't risk it. All it takes it just a drop of water in throught the air cleaner, and into the engine to really damage it. If you get more than one drop of water into the engine, the piston will try to compress the water (water is NOT compresable) and since it can't compress the water, it will either throw a rod, blow the head, puch a hole in the piston, or all three. I'm not saying you can't run it through puddles or water, I'm just warning you guys of what can hapen if you run through too much water. But if you guys are that stubern, (no offence )and you want to protect the ez start from water, the fender flare sounds like a good idea. Or you could try mud flaps. Just my .02 cents.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    I know it's risky but also very fun I should have got a waterproof electric but found my slayer for a great deal ($200 almost new)so I figure I can mod it to suit my needs but you do bring up a good point about water in the intake so now I will also try to eliminate that also

I know it's risky but also very fun I should have got a waterproof electric but found my slayer for a great deal ($200 almost new)so I figure I can mod it to suit my needs but you do bring up a good point about water in the intake so now I will also try to eliminate that also
    Ok. What ever floats you boat.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde