Thread: Mercy

RC Qualifier

Mercy

Nevermind the temporary conversion to a Slash, just wringing it out. This chassis loves big power, not alot of wheelie time but it will really put the power down. The RX8 is perfect, smooth, strong and very controlable. Installed the X duties in the rear and bumped up the spring preload, some aluminum hexes and I'm good to go for now. Raised the battery hold downs about an 1/8" and with a very slightly shortened Emaxx tall bar and the 3s 5500 Hyperions fit nice.

Time to thrash lol......

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Dude that is on fire!!! Good job man!! Mine is right around the corner too. I'm going to play dumb, what kv is your motor? Just guessing 2650 am I correct?? I might think of MIP's in the back too!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    impressive power there man. i love tekin systems.
    quick question.. would it have been easier to relocate the receiver box to up front where you have the t8 now or are there not mounting holes for it like there are on the slash 4x4 chassis ?

RC Racer
    Wow, That looks real good on the rally setup. They need to hurry up release the stock parts! I really want to convert my slash to lcg set up!

RC Qualifier
    Very clean conversion, did you have tightening the slipper nut for your Tekin motor
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Dude that is on fire!!! Good job man!! Mine is right around the corner too. I'm going to play dumb, what kv is your motor? Just guessing 2650 am I correct?? I might think of MIP's in the back too!
    Thank you, thank you lol. You are correct in the motor being the buggy 2650kv, I ran one pack with the stock system and the rear driveshafts were showing the stress so in with the MIP's. This thing just rocks, hard to believe how hard you can push it, the RX8 just lights up the Badlands lol.

Digger yours is coming along nicely, we got a winner here.

Duty calls be back later.....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Corex2 View Post
    impressive power there man. i love tekin systems.
    quick question.. would it have been easier to relocate the receiver box to up front where you have the t8 now or are there not mounting holes for it like there are on the slash 4x4 chassis ?
    I do believe you can mount the receiver box up front but my reasoning is I want to keep the esc and it's fan out of the flow of debrie coming off the front tires (which is substantial lol) plus a little extra weight up front aids steering grip and less wheelie action. I mounted the esc to a .060 lexan plate and attached it to the existing chassis holes up front so it's very secure...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddzda View Post
    Wow, That looks real good on the rally setup. They need to hurry up release the stock parts! I really want to convert my slash to lcg set up!
    Yes you do, you will love it....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    Very clean conversion, did you have tightening the slipper nut for your Tekin motor
    Yes I had to adjust the slipper, I would highly recommend switching to the larger Revo version for bigger power setups. I removed the slipper and set it by feel clamping one end in a vice and turning the spur gear by hand as I tighten the nut to get good tension but not completely locked....

Are those duratrax power pole connectors? How do you like them? Do you like the design?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Are those duratrax power pole connectors? How do you like them? Do you like the design?
    Yes those are Duratrax/Anderson power poles, I have used these for many many years and have no reason to switch to anything else. They work very well....

RC Qualifier

Fun stuff, flexing a little Tekin muscle lol....

Are those powerpole connectors?
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Are those powerpole connectors?
    Yes they are....

Nice Rally! Or should I say Slash...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Nice Rally! Or should I say Slash...
    Shhhh, it's a rally in disguise.....

RC Competitor
    That's a very nice, clean convert you got there Rastus. Once I saw the Rally...all my mind saw was a LCG Slash 4x4...lol! I can only imagine that it drives awesome like I think it will. The only thing I've planned on doing different is keep the stock motor system till it craps and a back bumper instead of a wheelie bar.
    Tailrotors are for weenies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
    Yes those are Duratrax/Anderson power poles, I have used these for many many years and have no reason to switch to anything else. They work very well....
    I may do that on my next battery/esc just to try something different. But the TRX are so easy to solder...
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    Haha that is awesome and totally ridiculous!

I would love to do that to mine but keeping it stock( well electronics )/waterproof for the time being ( winter anyway )

Have you blown your stock driveline axle deals apart yet? I broke those things constantly on my old slash 4x4 on stock motor and 3s...until I switched to Teknos

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
    Haha that is awesome and totally ridiculous!

I would love to do that to mine but keeping it stock( well electronics )/waterproof for the time being ( winter anyway )

Have you blown your stock driveline axle deals apart yet? I broke those things constantly on my old slash 4x4 on stock motor and 3s...until I switched to Teknos
    I install MIP's x duties in th rear when I switched to the Tekin power, I made one 3s run with the stock system and the Badlands and the rear driveshafts were showing the stress already so it's a must to upgrade at least the rear. I'm still running the stock fronts and they look fine but it's a monster and so much fun to drive, handles well and really puts the power to the ground without alot of wheelies. I can really light up the Badlands as the pictures show, it's a rooster for sure lol....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I may do that on my next battery/esc just to try something different. But the TRX are so easy to solder...
    The powerpoles are quite easy to install also, I just spread the terminal at the seam slighty so the wire goes right in then close that gap back up with pliers and solder. Heat the terminal toward the bottom and the solder will flow right in from the opening in the top of the terminal then the terminal just snaps into the end of the connector...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by majikmike_69 View Post
    That's a very nice, clean convert you got there Rastus. Once I saw the Rally...all my mind saw was a LCG Slash 4x4...lol! I can only imagine that it drives awesome like I think it will. The only thing I've planned on doing different is keep the stock motor system till it craps and a back bumper instead of a wheelie bar.
    Thank you, you will love it....

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Here's a good bit of info on the Anderson Powerpoles. I was curious and had to check them out. As they are only rated at 15, 30, & 45 Amps. This article tells why they are rated at that and that they can actually sustain way more than that. The 45 can handle up to 200A continuous.

Anderson Powerpoles
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I've never had a powerpole fail in all the years I've used them, they are a good connector...

RC Qualifier
    Well no carnage yet to report, I've been hammerin on this thing pretty hard and so far it's taking it and begging for more lol. Good fun for sure, I'm not sure I'm going to convert it back yet. May just pick up a second one to tinker with....

RC poster
    In a word SICK!!

RC Qualifier
    WOW!!! What POWER!!!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Champion
    OVERPOWERED MAGE!!! Kidding - wonder if anyone will catch that reference...

So, now that I have a slash to rally conversion coming - I'm wondering if I need to bother....this thread makes me want to keep it a slash and BANG hard! I wont be able to afford that type of power plant until I sell off my other stuff - maybe spring will bring gifts.

VERY nice stock build - LOL I like it

"Red"

Is that system more power than you actually need or is it about right for your setup? Just curious if I need to look into a 1/8 system or if the SCT 1/10 combo I have now will be enough

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    OVERPOWERED MAGE!!! Kidding - wonder if anyone will catch that reference...

So, now that I have a slash to rally conversion coming - I'm wondering if I need to bother....this thread makes me want to keep it a slash and BANG hard! I wont be able to afford that type of power plant until I sell off my other stuff - maybe spring will bring gifts.

VERY nice stock build - LOL I like it

"Red"

Is that system more power than you actually need or is it about right for your setup? Just curious if I need to look into a 1/8 system or if the SCT 1/10 combo I have now will be enough
    The RX8 2650 on 3s is perfect for me with the SC Badlands and running short grass where traction is pretty good, it puts the power down. I can pull full throttle some but it will wheelie at times especially going into the wind where the pressure under the body lifts it up. The Tekin is very smooth and controlable so that makes it easier to push it hard but also keep the rubber side down (for the most part anyway) I can run through a full pack without crashing if I don't get too nuts with it but then again you have to find the limits lol. But the biggest plus is the temps, you can thrash as hard as you want and the motor just gets warm to the touch. I just don't want to have to worry about heat issues so I go BIG and that works out great lol...
    Last edited by Rastus; 11-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I am about to start this installation myself. Any suggestions or tips to know before I get started with installation of the ESC or the motor? I am very excited to get this started. Just got the motor in hand and it needs to get running

RC Racer
    Mercy that is a understatement . Very nice my friend!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabone View Post
    I am about to start this installation myself. Any suggestions or tips to know before I get started with installation of the ESC or the motor? I am very excited to get this started. Just got the motor in hand and it needs to get running
    Sorry for the late reply but it's a pretty straight forward install. I cut a thick lexan plate to mount the esc up front and then cut the wires to length and solder'd them up. The normal upgrades are needed (driveshafts, hexes) and you may want to upgrade the slipper to the Revo version or snug up the stock one pretty good so it doesn't fry lol. Make sure and use the sensor wire clamp on the motor that comes in the kit. Good luck, you'll love it....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mytoys View Post
    Mercy that is a understatement . Very nice my friend!
    Thank you, thank you very much lol. It gives me great pleasure to see the roost this thing will throw, awesome....

RC Enthusiast
    The guy at my LTS told me this combo requires Lipo batteries of at least 50C. Is this a true statement? I have a 50c Lipo to use but am I now going to need all new Lipos? I was hoping to run some of my 2S 25C pack to just mess around but he told me the RX8 will puff them instantly. Is that true? What lipos you use in this combo?

ESC's do not puff LiPos. Extreme amp draw does. Bigger motors have higher amp draws, all things being equal. Same for tall gearing. Geared conservatively there is no reason why (true) 25C packs won't let you "mess around."
    Nevertheless, (true) 40-50C packs would not be bad.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °