Thread: Trenchers

Trenchers

I am wanting to know if there are any other rims other than the Tech5 or Axial oversized beadlocks for the Trenchers.

I recently got a set of Axial oversized beadlocks and not to happy with them...I don't think I will mod these rims to narrow them either; besides Tech 5 any other rims on the market that will fit the Trenchers?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Trenchers come in 2 styles, standard and with the "traxxas version" for rim fitment. The traxxas version will fit traxxas 3.8 size rims or IMEX company rims ( google) . You probably have the standard 40 series rims. They will fit old style Proline 40 series commando, dish or cheyenne rims ( normal and beadlock, they are discontinued but can be found in 23mm hex style on ebay) , they will also fit Integy 40 series beadlock rim, or RC4WD 4.0 series rims $$$ RC4WD come in narrow old Proline 40 series can be had in normal or narrow style.
    Last edited by noir 522; 10-27-2012 at 03:59 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    What don't you like about the beadlock wheels? I am considering getting a set.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    What don't you like about the beadlock wheels? I am considering getting a set.
    The Trencher X is probably a better suited tyre for the Axial oversized beadlock. I fitted 2 tyres to the rims today...the Trenchers looked like a low profile tyre on the rim which I didn't like.

I mounted these 2 on the front and had my mates Trenchers on Tech 5 rims on the back. With the Axial oversized beadlock rims on the front I had to adjust my steering servo end points to stop the inner beadlock from rubbing on my toe link ...this I did not like as my turning circle was now huge and I felt that I didn't have great control over my truck.

I think I may end up selling these rims as they were fairly pricey $$$ compared to other rims I had bought in the past. I pulled the trigger to fast on my purchase and didn't research enough
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Integy makes a set of 12mm extensions with a 17mm hex. Yeah, I know, Integy. But I was looking at these earlier for the axials , as the offset would be close to the half inch the desparato rims have.

I gave up and just ordered the pre-mounts lol

These rims come with almost a 1" offset...I ended up giving these rims to my mate who has an eMaxx. I'm using his Trenchers on Tech 5 rims for now.
    Rock n Rolla !