Thread: Traxxas Service

RC poster

Traxxas Service

I purchased my Slash VXL 2wd a little over a month ago and have been loving it ever since. Just the other day I took it out for a run and the motor had a high pitched whine much different from it's normal operating sound.I contacted Traxxas about the issue and had stated I was 5 days past the warranty period. They had me ship the motor in with the ESC. Within 2 hrs of receiving it they determined it was a defective motor and shipped a new replacment. That is what customer service is all about! Great job Traxxas!

Last edited by mbwired; 10-26-2012 at 08:04 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Yup traxxas cs is awesome. That is one nice looking truck for a month old.

RC poster
    Some other pics with different wheels.

RC poster
    Yeah, I've been ordering everything I could for this thing, Pro-line shocks,STRC Shock towers & Skid plates, Traxxas hubs and an RPM Bumper. Every other day new parts are at my door. Waiting on a Pro-line Flo-Tek Raptor body right now.

RC Qualifier
    I think I like the 2.8s better. Bigger is always better. I have the regular pl raptor body and found the stock rear bumper fits it better seems like the rpm rear sticks out for days. I used it as a roof rack. I know about the parts coming to the door 3-4 times a week. Bet the ups guy hates me. You should start you a build thread on here. I love that body but the part where the lightbar is scares me. I flip over backwards at high speeds way to often for that.

RC poster
    The 2.8's are great for the grass and leaves this time of year. I run the 2.2's when I'm on the street, It helps keep it on all 4's. I've rolled this a couple of times now and the lightbar is holding up well (It is molded into the body).

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I really like the paint. What color is that, and who makes it? Very nice overall look.

Also, what brand of sway bars are they?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwired View Post
    Some other pics with different wheels.

that truck is awesome I love it.
    what's up guys

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by e-revo View Post
    that truck is awesome I love it.
    +1...............
    Land of the free?

RC poster
    The paint is actually Rustolium paint from Home Depot, they have a Camoflage series of 3-4 colors. Then I used a Rustolium Semi-gloss white to back it. Worked great for a week or so but after some runs it's starting to chip away. I sanded the body with some steel wool for prep, hoping it would stick better. Oh well, This will become a basher body soon. I just got a Flo-Tek Raptor body in the mail.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I really like the paint. What color is that, and who makes it? Very nice overall look.

Also, what brand of sway bars are they?
    Dynamite sway bar. RPM wheelie bar with Traxxas wheels on it.

RC Qualifier
    What offset are the rims on the 2.8s? All front/rear or front and rear sets?

Looks pretty good by the way!

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

How do you like that sway? I have used the hot racing ft and back set, but the rears are basically useless... The fronts work well though.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post

Looks pretty good by the way!

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    They are all the same offset, It varies per model of vehicle whether they are fronts or rears. But you will need the deeper offset for steering clearance.

RC poster
    How do you like that sway? I have used the hot racing ft and back set, but the rears are basically useless... The fronts work well though.
    I dont have the rear sway, only the front. Works great though, Huge difference!

RC poster
    I dont have the rear sway, only the front. Works great though, Huge difference!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    If you want to rotate your wheels/tyres and go 2.8 then you best bet is to go for rustlet/stampede electic rears, for example:

ProLine Trencher 2.8 - Mounted on Black Electric Rear Wheels are PL1170-13
    ProLine Badlands 2.8 - Mounted on Black Electric Rear Wheels are PL1173-13

On a slash there is only 2mm difference btween front and rear offset. You shouldn't use the front wheels from a Rustler/Stampede or you are likely to have pretty significant rubbing and the tires will project far outside the fenders. Electric rears are likely to have the least rubbing issues but you will probably have to raise the body still. Others have also found that non traxxas stadium truck wheels, such as HPI, also seem to have offsets that cause rubbing.

Of course if you are going to use proper front and rears and therefore aren't bothered about rotating then

RC Qualifier
    Ok i want to do sway bars in front are those the ones for four wheel drive slash because i cant find nothing on two wheel drive thanks
    I BLAME ALL THIS ON POPOXX!

Both dynamite, and hot racing offer sway sets for the 2wd slash. Apparently, the op has the dynamite set as they only offer a front set. HR has both ft and rear in their set, but the rears are useless. The 4wd traxxas sways wont work. The hr front sways work well, and the op says that dynamite ft sway set works also. The reason I asked that question is the hr rear sway is junk. If I build another 2wd traxxas, I will try the dynamite set

RC Racer
    I have an E-maxx that I took on a trade for a bow I was trying to sell. The guy had the truck over a year before I got it. I drove it 3 times and one of the motors started that same high pitched whining..I called cs and told them how I came across the truck and what it was doing. The guy I spoke with walked me thru testing the motors and we found that one was bad. Even though I didn't buy it new and it was obviously out of any warranty they immediately shipped me 2 replacement motors. Really is awesome! I have been looking at getting a slash and was also looking at some competitors at the hobby shop but the service makes me think I'll stay with Traxxas. That really is a great looking Slash.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
    If you want to rotate your wheels/tyres and go 2.8 then you best bet is to go for rustlet/stampede electic rears, for example:

ProLine Trencher 2.8 - Mounted on Black Electric Rear Wheels are PL1170-13
    ProLine Badlands 2.8 - Mounted on Black Electric Rear Wheels are PL1173-13

On a slash there is only 2mm difference btween front and rear offset. You shouldn't use the front wheels from a Rustler/Stampede or you are likely to have pretty significant rubbing and the tires will project far outside the fenders. Electric rears are likely to have the least rubbing issues but you will probably have to raise the body still. Others have also found that non traxxas stadium truck wheels, such as HPI, also seem to have offsets that cause rubbing.

Of course if you are going to use proper front and rears and therefore aren't bothered about rotating then
    Thank you!
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4