Thread: Glitching

RC poster

Glitching

Hey guys I am a new owner to a slash and was curious on what the symptoms of glitching are. I am curious if what is happening is glitching or just getting out of range. The car will hesitate when it gets somewhat far away and have dead spots like it is shifting gears which doesn't seem right. I have posted a video,but of course when I videotape it doesn't do it. (Don't mind the weird noise its a new body that i still need to trim right).
    Specs on the car
    Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sct
    Lipo3s
    Big Bore shocks
    Rpm arms and bumpers

RC Champion
    What servo are you running?

Could either be you are getting out of range whether it be Tx/Rx problems or just dead batteries.
    If you have a high torque servo installed the castle on board BEC lacks a bit on being able to handle the load and will cause glitching, brownouts or just plain black outs. Some remedy this with a glitch buster, I chose the 10amp castle BEC route personally.

That has to be a brownout if you have fresh batteries in the transmitter. You could go with a Novac glitchbuster (NOV5626) if you're not a solderer, or the castle BEC if you do. I've used both methods and the castle probably does a better job but it's a more difficult fix because the Novac is a plug and play.

You can also check out racers edge glitchbusters which are cheaper, but I haven't tried that brand.

My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    If it still has a huge antenna go for a 2.4gh radio system. Mine did the same thing with the old tx.

RC Racer
    That looks a lot like my Castle powered Slash before I switched from 27 MHz. From the video it appears your already using 2.4 GHz so I'd have to agree with O.G. that your experiencing receiver brownout.

RC poster
    Thanks so much for the responses, it has a glitch buster installed, but I think its a cheap, faulty one. I am going to order a different one. I really appreciate the help!

RC poster
    I believe it is the Spektrum glitch buster on there, any idea on quality of this one? It has a spektrum receiver as well

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Before you buy anything, try to switch the mmp to a lower output bec voltage. I had some major brownouts running the bec at 6.0v, but not at 5.5v... Have a castle link?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    No I do not have a castle link, what is it?

Good idea rag.

Castle link connects your castle esc to a pc so you can make programming changes like the bec setting rag mentioned. It's the best feature castle offers.

There are many programmable features like braking, acceleration etc...

RC poster
    Thank you, I have a castle link in the mail right now. I will let you know if it fixes the issue!

RC poster
    So i bought a new glitch buster and also changed the BEC to 5.5v and it is still glitching pretty bad and range is poor. Do you think my receiver is messed up?

Bummer you're still having problems. Can you answer a few Q's?
    1. Is the motor/esc new?
    2. What are the lipo ratings?
    3. What size tires are you using?
    4. What is your gearing?
    5. Are the battery connectors in good condition?
    6. Does the transmission spin freely?
    7. Which servo do you use?