Hybrid View

RC poster

Revo help. (New)

Hey guys. So I'm new to the nitro world. I just bought the revo 3.3 and I got threw the first tank of gas let it sit for 15 mins tried to start it up again it wouldn't start. Tried again started wont idle revs up and down then stalls. I called traxxas they helped in no way. So I redid the factory tune And it idles really high I hit the gas it stalls. So I call traxxas again he stays to bump the throttle to keep it running. But if I hit the gas it dies. Idk what to do I'm lost I've been trying to start it for an hour my ez start died and now I'm mad. I couldn't even get threw the break in. Sorry for the long post I just don't know what to do... Help

RC Racer
    They are set pretty rich from the factory, I found I had to slightly lean out the needles a bit the further I got along with the running in process to keep it going with mine.
    To keep it idleing I had to lean the LSN a little, you could try something like 1/12th of a turn on the LSN & that should help the bottom end & keep it going, there will still be plenty of fuel/oil going through the engine & it will still probably want to stall if you give it to much gas off the line, I found I had to feather the throttle a little to keep it going, its meant to be pretty rich for break in though. Also, check your glo-plug, they can die pretty easy sometimes when running in.
    If you need to lean it out a little more then try 1/12th turn on the HSN but try not to rely on adjusting them to much & if its not making much smoke then richen the needle a little again. They can be a pita to break in but if you stick close to the instructions then the engine will last longer. I slightly adjusted my needles as the break in went along as I had trouble keeping it going but still had a lot of smoke so fine adjustments should be ok.
    Last edited by ozziii; 10-26-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC poster
    Thanks man! Ill try that!