RC Qualifier

Custom Chassis & Wheelie Bars Pics.

I got them from here. http://www.rlcpe.com/
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Nice Jersey! What was the $$$?

RC Qualifier
    The wheelie bars were $ 25 plus shipping. I'm not sure how much the chassis will be. He gave it to me for free for testing purposes.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    The wheelie bars were $ 25 plus shipping. I'm not sure how much the chassis will be. He gave it to me for free for testing purposes.
    no disrespect but the wheelie bar wont have any flex with those brace bars which could create great instability when they hit the ground.

RC Qualifier
    It's more like a drag racing wheelie bar. The wheels are only like an inch off the ground. It's more or less there to help keep the front tires on the ground.

RC Qualifier
    They look good to me. It looks like they will keep the truck low and keep the truck moving forward instead of straight up in the air. The stock bars with flex it always makes the truck do wierd things like go left or rite when it hits hard. In my exspericance those bars there will make more wide open hit hard consisant drag passes making the truck go straight then the stock flexi flyer wheelie bars do. Jmo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    They look good to me. It looks like they will keep the truck low and keep the truck moving forward instead of straight up in the air. The stock bars with flex it always makes the truck do wierd things like go left or rite when it hits hard. In my exspericance those bars there will make more wide open hit hard consisant drag passes making the truck go straight then the stock flexi flyer wheelie bars do. Jmo
    you may be absolutely right, I was just thinking maybe the flex was there to absorb uneven rise at high speeds to reduce instability but I could definitely be wrong.
    p.s. you. Jersey residents take care during this crazy Sandy storm

RC Qualifier
    It's not the high speed it's the inital hit of the truck off the line. If the truck is set up properly and the wheeli bars do there job you don't have to worry about that high speed wheelie when it hits second gear. This set up to me looks like a drag race set up for serious parken lot bashing going straight. In my 30 years of racing I never had luck with anything flexing. Not wheelie bars not chassi not anything I raced from boats to trucks to cars to toy cars and trucks and boats
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    you may be absolutely right, I was just thinking maybe the flex was there to absorb uneven rise at high speeds to reduce instability but I could definitely be wrong.
    p.s. you. Jersey residents take care during this crazy Sandy storm

RC Qualifier
    awesome wheelie bar man i wish i had something like that on my slash and all the jersey guys and gal be safe it suppose to be a bad one it starting to get windy here already

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    It's not the high speed it's the inital hit of the truck off the line. If the truck is set up properly and the wheeli bars do there job you don't have to worry about that high speed wheelie when it hits second gear. This set up to me looks like a drag race set up for serious parken lot bashing going straight. In my 30 years of racing I never had luck with anything flexing. Not wheelie bars not chassi not anything I raced from boats to trucks to cars to toy cars and trucks and boats
    Ya looks like a drag set up to me also, and flex on a wheelie bar usually does end badly, since flex is never 100% symmetrical its not always completely predicatable. However on the contrary you can predict when something is more static, much easier. If you ever watch NHRA, they typically have wheelie bars set up to minimize they wheelie, therefore keeping the wheels on the ground. as for as flex being a "good" thing. not sure how this applies to RC cars, but drift racers tend to cut holes in their frames, to help make the chasis flex at the right time.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.