RC Enthusiast

Drive System Upgrade??

The other day I was out on the lake with my spartan. All was well for the first few minutes; then chaos struck! The shaft came loose. So I retrieve the boat and take the hatch off, I gave a little throttle to try and see the problem. My shaft was spinning inside the coupler! And it was tightened all the way! I went to touch the coupler (stupid mistake) and burned my finger. The thing was super hot and I noticed that the marine grease in that area had burned up!

I have no clue on how to fix this???

I tried getting a new coupler and shaft but the same thing happened.......

Could it be that after I did my dual capacitor mod now my spartan has much more power then before, and I just need to upgrade my drive line?? If so what should I get??

Thanks in Advanced!

RC Qualifier
    I run the aeromarine coupler and wholts .150 flex cable in both boats. I also run the Traxxas bearing struts. This seems to be a bullet proof set-up.Even with the Leopard 4082 1600 kv motors and 180A Seaking ESC the system works great. My son and I put several hundred runs this summer on the boats with no problems.

RC Enthusiast
    Where would I be able to buy those things from?

Thanks!!

RC Qualifier
    Aero marine coupler by Jeff wholts, bearing struts can be bought at your LHS, esc & motor a lot of places to buy, try a search on the forum on those sites, mine got it at OSE.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.