Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6

    New to Nitro and Revo

    So, I got a Revo truck from a friend, but the only problem is that it's not starting.

    The truck has a ez-start. The ez-start is turning, the engine is turning over, and the glow plug and fuel is brand new.

    I have no idea what is wrong, so would really appreciate if someone can help me out

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,440
    Are both lights on the EZ start lighting up?

    Do you have your mixture needles set to factory settings?

    Are you placing your finger over the exhaust while turning it over to "Prime" the carburator with fuel?

    If you pull the glow plug is it wet? If it is wet, try putting the blue wire on, hold the glow plug against the block of the engine and turn the engine over with the EZ start, you should see the glowplug turning orange... If not there's a bad connection somewhere along the wiring or the yellow ground wire is not attached to the motor mount...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Are both lights on the EZ start lighting up?

    Do you have your mixture needles set to factory settings?

    Are you placing your finger over the exhaust while turning it over to "Prime" the carburator with fuel?

    If you pull the glow plug is it wet? If it is wet, try putting the blue wire on, hold the glow plug against the block of the engine and turn the engine over with the EZ start, you should see the glowplug turning orange... If not there's a bad connection somewhere along the wiring or the yellow ground wire is not attached to the motor mount...
    I do not have the blue wire, but the separate glow stick ignitor thing.
    All the needles are set to factory.
    Yes, priming the carburetor.
    And the yellow wire is connected.

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    So I tried to start it again, it want to start, but it just does not! It's driving me mad

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Q89 View Post
    So I tried to start it again, it want to start, but it just does not! It's driving me mad
    Welcome to nitro... Lol j/p sounds like most of my experiences with nitro tho... GL!

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    392
    lean the high speed out and keed trying is the motor stopping
    drive it like you stole it

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    392
    by stoppin i mean flooding out and locking up does it sound like it wants to start i had that same problem and i was too rich i had fuel spitting out my exhaust
    drive it like you stole it

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerrevo View Post
    by stoppin i mean flooding out and locking up does it sound like it wants to start i had that same problem and i was too rich i had fuel spitting out my exhaust
    I tried to lean it out, but still nothing.

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Anything else I should try?

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15
    Are you sure you glowplug battery isnt dead?,are you giving some throttle
    when trying to start?.If all needles are factory your throttle linkage is ok
    You might have to go down the lines your friend ripped you off and
    It has a moter thats shot,I would also check fuel lines,gas tank,anything
    that may have a leak,all fails bring it to somone who know more or your hobby
    store,that doesnt work get a new moter from traxxas,Like a new truck again
    Last edited by Double G; 10-27-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: missing necessary brackets to complete the font

  11. #11
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ben221 View Post
    Are you sure you glowplug battery isnt dead?,are you giving some throttle
    when trying to start?.If all needles are factory your throttle linkage is ok
    You might have to go down the lines your friend ripped you off and
    It has a moter thats shot,I would also check fuel lines,gas tank,anything
    that may have a leak,all fails bring it to somone who know more or your hobby
    store,that doesnt work get a new moter from traxxas,Like a new truck again
    The glow plug ignitor is ok, took the glow plug out and it works. I won't care if the guy ripped me off, I got the truck for free. The motor turns over with the ez start but just does not want to start.

    I checked all the fuel lines, cleaned the tank.

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15
    I mean idk then,Are you new to nitro?

    If nothing works and its just a pain i would say the moter shot if the compression is that
    low ive know people to at a point not even get the truck running but you never know
    could just be somthing stupid but im out of ideas lol

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    191
    Turn the flywheel with your finger from underneath the chassis, turn anti-clockwise, if its easy then gets hard to turn then easy again then compression should be ok. when piston gets to top of its stroke it will be under compression & this will make it hard to keep turning the flywheel with your finger. If you can turn it over for a full revolution easily then the compression is probably pretty low.
    Also try leaning out the LSN a bit as this will give less fuel while trying to start, worked for me when I had a similar problem. Check to see if glo-plug wire is distorted, if so change to a new plug. If not using the Traxxas 3232x (heavy duty) plug, (it is a 2.5 or 3.3 isn't it) then get 1 of them to try out, some of the other plugs don't work as good as these in the trx engines.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •