RC poster

an official upgrade kit to brushless ?

Hi all,

is there an official upgrade kit or something like that to upgrade brushed e-revo to brushless one? i'm newbie and thinking of to buy a brushed version cause of costs... but i'm so confused of upgrading scenarios of e-revo..

can any one suggest me some readable sources, links etc...

any opinion please?

thanks

RC poster
    if you go to nitrorcx.com they have a large selection. its best looking at the motor and esc seperately because ill be running a leopard 2100 kv motor and esc. there is also a toro racing setup for $29.95. that includes an esc and a motor and it runs great. and btw are you getting a 1/16 or a 1/10 scale e revo brushed. your best shot for the 1/10 is probably the velineon system even though it is SUPER expensive.also for the 1/16 is tacon racing 1800 kv brushless motor for 12.95 and the hobbywing EZRUN esc for 23.89.hope this helps.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Non of those suggestions are good at all... they don't even answer the original question.

Yes, you can buy the Mamba Max Monster system from traxxas and it will come with everything you need to install it. However, it is NOT the most economical option. There are lots of other brushless systems on the market that are cheaper and will do the job very well...

This is the 1/10 REVO forum so I'm assuming this is for a 1/10 revo in which case you should expect to pay around $250 for a good brushless setup. Hobbypartz.com has some systems that work great but are rarely in stock. The Castle MMM/2200kv system is good and can be bought for around $300 after discounts. You can look at the Tekin RX8 system with a 2000-2250kv T8 motor... these will run you under $300 after discounts. There are others as well but these are the most common.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    you are right my question is about 1/10 scale e-revo.
    here in my country the prices are a bit strange. with discounts i can buy a brushed e-revo for 900 TL = 500$ , but a brushless one is approximately 2000 TL = 1100$... it seems spending more 300 $ for a custom brushless kit is also cost effective.

(TL = currency of turkish money)

thanks for all of the answers

regards,
    salih

RC Qualifier
    also look on ebay i got a mamba monster motor and esc for $210

RC Enthusiast
    you can get a tacon 2200kv 4074 motor for $60 and a toro 150A ESC for $90.