Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

The "Which Color Is Better?" Thread

As the title says, here is the place to state how and why your Rally is better, faster or tougher than the other wimpy colors. This is obviously all meant for fun, so please no mean, cruel or hurtful comments.

I'll begin - Everyone knows ORANGE/BLACK is the best. From the superior looks to the hand-selected motors and ESC's, it is apparent orange/black received the top pick from the parts bins.

+1 Orange/Black They are the bees knees.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    Orange is for follower's, I'm getting green and all the Orange guy's will be following. Get it? Ha Ha. Breside's the green color give's it more "get up and go!" HEEHEE, I'm full of it tonight.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Orange/Black cos they're the same colour as a tiger.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Totally Orange'n Black!!

The pics say it all!!

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Blue is the fastest because that is the color of the sky and that means the blue Rally flies through the air with the greatest of ease!

Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx View Post
    Orange/Black cos they're the same colour as a tiger.

Say that again - I dare you!
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Funny guy!!!

RC Qualifier
    Orange and black!!!!
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just got back from running my "Orange/Black" (O/B) for the first time outdoors. A mix of paved driveway, gravel roadside and mowed lawn. Wow, the O/B just flies over this stuff and I was imagining it passing the other weird-colored Rallies like they weren't even there. Hmm... And then reality sank in, literally ... I had forgotten about Sammy the Jack Russell Terrier. He is a smart, fast and relentless 20 lb. terror and before I knew it he had made a nice indent in the right front fender. And he did so while running at probably 20 mph. Pavmentsurfer and ksb have both seen Sammy in action so they know how crazy he can be.
    O/B is still the fastest; just the operator was not quick enough to avoid pending 4-legged doom.

Great car Traxxas!!!!
    Last edited by Jakey; 10-25-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    I'll begin - Everyone knows ORANGE/BLACK is the best. From the superior looks to the hand-selected motors and ESC's, it is apparent orange/black received the top pick from the parts bins.
    I'm confused jakey, I thought the velineon is blue/black...

And we know those colors are the fastest!!! Just ask me.

Sent from the cockpit of my Blue/Black Rally.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I'm confused jakey, I thought the velineon is blue/black...

And we know those colors are the fastest!!! Just ask me.

Sent from the cockpit of my Blue/Black Rally.
    Yeah, but the fastest VXL systems were hand picked for the O/B. Odd but true.

My favotire color is the red one. I know what you guys are thinking, "wait, they make a red one?" LOL!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The orange/black ones are certainly the slowest. All the "I'm a racer so I wear orange" ordered so many the factory just threw them together hastily. Now the blue/white ones are darn fast. From what I was told THEY were the ones Traxxas spent the most time outfitting with the best parts because they knew, once all the fancy blue upgrades were added to the already blue motor/esc/servo the blue white color schemes would best represent the quality and style of the rally.
    The other couloirs and their mismatched bits and pieces are not a high performance priority. However, given that we've seen red upgrades out there, I'm concerned the red/white may be close to the blue/white in handling only, not top speed, certainly not.
    Finally we have green/black. This is another low priority color only created for all the "I love monster energy" guys with scratch marks tattooed on their forearms.

At the end of the day we have to examine and accept the facts. Blue and white is best, red/ white is an unfortunate close second and the others are just for those in need of a visual ego boost. Nothing more nothing less.

In the famouse words of Marshal Erickson... LAWYERED!!!
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post

Say that again - I dare you!
    Well when Traxxas release the limited edition white/black version that'll be even quicker.

I'll stop digging

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    The orange/black ones are certainly the slowest. All the "I'm a racer so I wear orange" ordered so many the factory just threw them together hastily. Now the blue/white ones are darn fast. From what I was told THEY were the ones Traxxas spent the most time outfitting with the best parts because they knew, once all the fancy blue upgrades were added to the already blue motor/esc/servo the blue white color schemes would best represent the quality and style of the rally.
    The other couloirs and their mismatched bits and pieces are not a high performance priority. However, given that we've seen red upgrades out there, I'm concerned the red/white may be close to the blue/white in handling only, not top speed, certainly not.
    Finally we have green/black. This is another low priority color only created for all the "I love monster energy" guys with scratch marks tattooed on their forearms.

At the end of the day we have to examine and accept the facts. Blue and white is best, red/ white is an unfortunate close second and the others are just for those in need of a visual ego boost. Nothing more nothing less.

In the famouse words of Marshal Erickson... LAWYERED!!!
    So let me get this right, the blue ones were the most difficult to assemble due to some quality issues. Sounds kind of lawyer-like. These words come from photogrababe (Mrs. Jakey) and she says you had better be ready for a double whooping, one by O/B and the other by a woman. She suggests you speak with ksb for ways to eat crow afterwards.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This has gone a step too far already!

Im going to put a Proline Focus ST on it and paint it Pink. Thereby winning the speed and looks race lol.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    Yeah, but the fastest VXL systems were hand picked for the O/B. Odd but true.
    O/B... Does that stand for Old Betsy? Grandpa had an old slow nag we called Ol Betsy.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I think O/B stands old/boring... Heheh

B/W stands for blinding/wild

All the rest of this is just semantics... We all know the truth in our hearts. I sleep we'll at night.

On a mildly different note, what's different about the summit/rally crews? We're the only ones who have these light hearted debates. This type of thing never happens with rustlers or stampedes or the slash... Even ERBE guys don't joke about who's color is the best. I wonder what makes US so great.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very first post defines O/B. Geez do I need spell it out every time?

All in fun.

RC Champion
    So no one has ordered red? LOL or green? LOL

I was on the fence, originally orange, then there was pressure for blue. Next thing I see is a premium price being charged on Ebay for blue and out of stock at Stormer for blue. That had me wanting orange so I did not have to wait!
    I was convinced orange was faster, then I heard blue handled better...........hmm that would make it faster LOL

So I ordered........................................... .................................................. ..................................CLEAR and I'll have to paint it myself a custom mixed ultra fast color.............maybe that new Tangerine Scream by Ford?
    Or to be safe I could get the blue one and put on YOLOer's orange wheels he is selling to be safe and guarantee speed and handling LOL

Oh no, you guys aren't gonna put no 'color mojo' on me!
    Well thanks to Andy at Superior Hobbies mine is on the way.......................let the fun begin____________Again
    Jakey...........mine will be sPc Fast!

RC Qualifier
    I think O/B stands old/boring... Heheh

B/W stands for blinding/wild

All the rest of this is just semantics... We all know the truth in our hearts. I sleep we'll at night.

On a mildly different note, what's different about the summit/rally crews? We're the only ones who have these light hearted debates. This type of thing never happens with rustlers or stampedes or the slash... Even ERBE guys don't joke about who's color is the best. I wonder what makes US so great.
    What makes us so great is that only seasoned Rcers got this car so far so no noobs to ruin the fun lol.

LOL JK haha

I think that most of the people that buy these cars are just to have fun with them and no serious stuff.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

I think that most of the people that buy these cars are just to have fun with them and no serious stuff.
    Very true. That is how Traxxas markets most of their rc cars. Duurable, fast, strong, great bashers! P.S The red Rally is still my favorite... I think it's sad how I'm the only one that likes red the most...

RC Qualifier
    The orange/black traffic cones make it easy for the green/black fast cars to spot where those rolling hazards are on the track lol
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Everyone talks about passing other cars, spotting hazards to avoid...

....IF you owned an ORANGE/BLACK Rally, you would never pass anyone.....because you always be in the lead!!!!

O.R.A.N.G.E........Omg.Rage.Against.Narcissistic.Gaffe.Enthusiasts.

RC Qualifier
    black and green bottom line lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    Everyone talks about passing other cars, spotting hazards to avoid...

....IF you owned an ORANGE/BLACK Rally, you would never pass anyone.....fixed
    You're right about orange/black not passing anyone, because a green/black Rally is lapping the rest of the colors!

In the case of Rally 1/10s, going green means going to win LOL!
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    inside info so far the paint company has released all the slower colors. so im waiting for them to mix the yellow just right so i will have the fastest one.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Champion
    I'm color blind so I think I have the green, wait no red or maybe blue. Well I guess it could be orange. Either way mine is faster than all your's. Cause all I see is grey and black!
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I'm color blind so I think I have the green, wait no red or maybe blue. Well I guess it could be orange. Either way mine is faster than all your's. Cause all I see is grey and black!
    Post a pic of it i'll tell ya which one it is. Since it goes so fast it's definitely the orange one!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

....IF you owned an ORANGE/BLACK Rally, you would never pass anyone.....because you always be in the lead!!!!

O.R.A.N.G.E........Omg.Rage.Against.Narcissistic.G affe.Enthusiasts.
    LOL! I love this thread! Red is still te best! R.E.D= Really extreme driver!

O.R.A.N.G.E / B.L.U.E. = Overtaking Red And Neon Green (while) Every Blue Lacks Uber Excitement

Sounds corny. Oh well all my brain isnt cooking this morning. haha
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 10-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

BLUE - Bring Long Underwear Everybody... cause im going to pass you so fast itll scare your pants off and we cant have you standing there in your skivvies.

Orange Caution Pilons (need to be orange so you can see them as you fly by)
    Green for keep going (youll get there someday)
    Red Means stop (theres just no point in trying anymore)

Blue means move over cause im about to pass you...

Honestly though, if traxxas made a white/grey or white/black... id buy that in a second. KSB's pic of the tiger... colors like that would be AMAZING. I love white/black... maybe ill paint my Focus body in those colors... with a bit of blue to ensure maximum performance.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

B.L.U.E. Biggest Losing Underachiever Ever !!!! Muuaaaahhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaa

R.E.D. Rolling Entirely Dead

G.R.E.E.N. Giving Red Empty Energy Nudge

All in good humor! Just take it Orange is the Fastest Caution cone you will ever see.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Green means GO !

RC Qualifier
    Honestly though, if traxxas made a white/grey or white/black... id buy that in a second. KSB's pic of the tiger... colors like that would be AMAZING. I love white/black... maybe ill paint my Focus body in those colors... with a bit of blue to ensure maximum performance.
    You know, I never thought I'd like a white RC, but my father-in-law bought a used Rustler the other day with a white body on it (stock) and it does look pretty cool.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC poster
    My Vote:

RC Enthusiast
    Orange and Black is clearly the best because the Oregon State beavers are clearly the best! Ranked #7 they should be passing those duckies here before the seasons over.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-27-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Language

In all fun its not what's on the outside its what's hidden under the hood. Also what will get you to the finish line w/o burning up the powerplant. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore