RC Competitor

Iphone App doesn't recognize the TQi and the Car - no green icons!

Hi ppl,

I have a traxxas summit and few weeks ago my TQi died, and yesterday I just got the new one from traxxas (it's actually used with a lot of scratches -> disappointing). The "new" tx works perfectly with the car but the iPhone app is not recognizing the tx and rx - no green icons. When I turn on the tx the iphone app it start by itself and the tqi green led is blinking slowly - every 3-4sec. I've used the same docking with the previous tqi and it was working perfectly.

I've reinstall the app, restart the phone, etc - still no results. Any ideas?!

Thanks for your help guys!

RC Competitor
    Traxxas .. what's going on with you? why are you selling these crap products?
    I've paid so much money and now I can't eve use the products. I'm sick of waiting months for the warranty replacement!!!!

I just got the replacement product from you and IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY !!!!!!!!!!

I'm very disappointing about your expensive bad products and services!!!

RC poster
    Hi, i've experienced the same problem a few days ago... no green icons at all!!! I've found that my radio battery was too weak, so i recharged and put into radio again! It worked fine for me. Give a try, maybe will work for you. Sorry my english

RC Competitor
    .. still not working, and I just got the new docking base from traxxas - brand new!!! I put it together with the Tx and still no green icon! The phone is turning off by itself after 1 min.
    Last edited by ScutuMix; 11-17-2012 at 12:57 AM.

RC Racer
    have you tried restarting the iphone(power down and back on)?

RC Competitor
    Yes,

Restart, reinstall app, 3 different iphones, ios 5,6, etc etc.

anyway .. I just spent 30$ for shipping back for warranty replacement .. third time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack@HPL View Post
    have you tried restarting the iphone(power down and back on)?

RC Champion
    i had to send mine back to traxxas 2 times....call them and they will help you

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ScutuMix View Post
    Hi ppl,

I have a traxxas summit and few weeks ago my TQi died, and yesterday I just got the new one from traxxas (it's actually used with a lot of scratches -> disappointing). The "new" tx works perfectly with the car but the iPhone app is not recognizing the tx and rx - no green icons. When I turn on the tx the iphone app it start by itself and the tqi green led is blinking slowly - every 3-4sec. I've used the same docking with the previous tqi and it was working perfectly.

I've reinstall the app, restart the phone, etc - still no results. Any ideas?!

Thanks for your help guys!
    Same thing here. I have the E-Maxx brushless and after updating the firmware the app finds the Maxx but there's NO green
    icons, no contact what so ever. Green light flashes on the radio but nothing works. New batteries, new receiver, restarted the phone, resetting the phone but nothing works. I don't know what to do

HELP ?

/Jim - Sweden

RC Competitor
    ... warranty replacement! There's nothing else to do. .. or just buy a new one from ebay, if is cheaper than postage fees.