Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my revo

RC Qualifier
    Well gears are a success I did the same things with it today that I did when I stripped my gears and nothing runs like a dream wide ratio is still good for the big block still wheelie on demand and more top speed just got to mess with my shift point now shifting too early by that's simple overall good day my buddy stripped a spur in his maxx and my other buddy's revo is good he hates his 3.3 but a lot of people do I didnt mind mine too much you just gotta learn to tune
    drive it like you stole it

RC Qualifier
    Ok a question I'm thinking about goin to a side exhaust what do I need to mount it and how do they hold up to bashing do they stay still or do they come loose a lot and what's a good pipe I was thinking the big block buku pipe
    http://www.bukupower.com/BigBlock.aspx

Does anyone know

RC Qualifier
    Anybody wanna help with this

RC Racer
    I found the 3.3 to be a good performing engine, wasn't to bad to tune but it just didn't last that long, I got the clutch/flywheel today so will get it all back together & see how it goes. There's been a few people who have used a side exhaust so hopefully someone can help with some info. What exhaust do you have atm, the THS rear exhaust is meant to be pretty good.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Qualifier
    I have an rb 523 exhaust it seems pretty good but I don't have nothing to compare it to other than the original resonator and I don't wanna put that on

RC Racer
    The original resonator pipe is supposedly meant to be alright but pipes like the THS make a big difference over the standard pipe when used instead from what I have read, thats why I was getting one, the THS was one of the better pipes around & their not that expensive either which is good.

RC Racer
    Also, you could try drilling the stinger out a little bit just to enlarge the exit hole, only a very small amount though. From what I have read, it is a good way to gain a little extra power. It should only be done a very small amount though or it could cause a loss of pressure & power. I read about it in a thread somewhere, not sure if it was here or another forum though.

RC Qualifier
    robinson racing gears

ring stuck on the drive shaft

melted carrier

RC Qualifier
    got some runnin in today took some pics

also noticed today that my hexes are starting to wobble on the shaft ive never had that happen before how can i eliminate that

RC Champion
    Some guys wrap the threads with Teflon to take out the play. There are low end hub adapters and low budget mods to fix it as well. Check around the E-Maxx forums for mods

RC Qualifier
    Alright thanks red how do you like your old baby man is she sweet the 523 rr gears mashers pull start foc and bout to have the cvds in as well we clocked it at 57 with the wide gears

RC Racer
    For the lose hubs I put some electrical tape around mine, its a bit thicker the teflon tape & lasts a while to, 2 layers was all that was needed & I had to twist the hubs on to get them in position. After 4 or 5 tanks there is still no movement in them.
    I did put a couple of layers of teflon around the little plastic ball cup screw in things that go into the axle carriers & hold the pivot balls though, it should stop them from working their way lose a little hopefully.
    Looks like you got your revo going well again, I just got my O.S installed & about to go start the run in process today.

RC Qualifier
    yea i have to get an exhaust gasket cause mine ripped and i have to get the gas tank o ring but i might have one in my shop hopefully cause we have quite a few o ring kits

RC Qualifier
    Well got my new hot racing aluminum diff cup filled with 50k oil in after I stripped the spool out of it haha 523 has a lot of power and it's showing with broke parts yesterday stripped the front drive shaft out gotta start taking more pictures before I replace and throw away next imma need cvds what kind should I get I'm looking at the mip splined one anybody usnig these o ya also ordered new motor mount ring and pinion for when it finally goes what else do y'all think I need

RC Competitor
    rustlerrevo....what engine mount did u have to use to mount that 523? i really like those engines, just dont know what i need to stuff it in my revo.
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Qualifier
    outlaw i bought the engine at a hobby shop it came with the mount already attached and fits right into the the stock outer mount pieces
    here is one for sale mount and pipe just like i have this pipe it comes with is really loud but sounds good
    http://www.activepowersports.com/rb-...e01901523000r/

RC Qualifier
    but if your gonna do it look into upgrades it tears parts up fast if you really get down on it often

RC Qualifier
    parts ordered

RC Qualifier
    Well broke the pin in the tranny again the one with the c clip thing holding it in place is there a upgrade for this aide this is like the 5 th one and it's getting old fast

RC Qualifier
    Well got the hot racing 3 shoe clutch in yesterday and installled along with my cvds hopefully I don't break them anymOre I'll post pictures later

RC Qualifier
    well got back from deployment fixed the revo up got new exhaust I modded it to have a stack heck ya fixed my stripped wheel and prolly gonna go to the beach with it

RC Qualifier
    First off thank you for your service its good to have you home Second i read your whole thread nice build.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier
    Well thank you and yea it's been a lot of time and a lot of money getting this beast goin here's the picks
    IMG]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h446/ct132/IMAG0054_zps46606c56.jpg[/IMG]

RC Qualifier

RC Racer
    that exhaust is sweet man im loving it

RC Qualifier
    do you have problems with spent oil pooling up in the elbow of the exhaust where it turns up? I have thought of this idea before of running like a stack type pipe. Just didnt know if pooling would be a issue.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier
    No no polling of anything it just won't stay

RC Qualifier
    Here is thenend I've done about all I can do the onlynthing left is badlands and tekno tank kit

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    well I have twisted traxxas steel drive shafts twice what better do any of Yall run summit shafts