Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my revo

RC Qualifier
    new mashers with desparados

drive it like you stole it

RC Qualifier
    Well alright I stripped the tranny gear don't know which one yet but imma ale it apart later but anyways I want more speed cause I'm goin through the gears really fast what rr gears would give me that

RC Racer
    Not sure what gears your trans has in it atm but the wide ratio gearing is about all you could do to the trans, other than that you would need a CB with a higher number of teeth & I think a spur gear with a lower number of teeth for more speed, but then you will loose low end acceleration. Have you tried changing the shift point so it doesn't change into 2nd until the engine is closer to its peak rev range, that would atleast make it pick up speed faster without the engine bogging slightly with the drop in revs, not sure if that will help with more speed though.
    Hopefully my trans wont fail to quickly once I get the O.S put in, I may have to do the same thing & go for the RR gears myself.
    The mashers & desperato's look good.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Qualifier
    Well they are standard wide ratio so what rr gears will I need and can I use my forward only shaft

RC Qualifier
    Anyone know

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerrevo View Post
    Well they are standard wide ratio so what rr gears will I need and can I use my forward only shaft
    They can't be standard wide ratio. There's standard, wide, and close, and if you have the 3.3 Revo it came stock with the wide ratio gears which are the best out of the three for top speed. The forward only shaft gears in the Revo are 28t/28t I believe, you could order a slayer set (I think the part number is 5996) which is 33t/23t (I think). These will result in a little more top speed but will sacrifice low end torque (say bye to doing wheelies). Lastly you could swap out the spur and clutch bell gears. For spur gear LOWER number = more top end, clutch bell is opposite HIGHER number = more top end. I ordered a set of 17 CB and 36 SG, haven't gotten them yet so not sure how they work but after asking around it is what a lot of people recommended to me.

RC Racer
    Will be interested to see how quick your Revo goes with that gearing iDrift, what engine are you running. I have an OS 21tm on the way but still have stock 14/38 gearing atm with wide ratio trans, was thinking about going to 15 or 16t CB to start with but still want good acceleration & ability to do wheelies.
    The Robinson racing all steel forward-only gear kit, wide ratio, part 8007 would be a good way to go I think.
    Same with their Revo Gen-3 slipper clutch.

RC poster
    I got a Picco 26 Red Dot in mine. New gears come in today, I'll let you know how good the accel and wheelies are after I swap them. I was going to get some RR Steel gears but dannnnnng they be expensive haha.

RC Racer
    Should have plenty of low down go with the bb. Yeah they worth a bit, bit cheaper on ebay, could save about $40 on the all steel forward only gear kit, seen them for around 80-$90, still a bit though, depends how often the plastic gears would get broken I guess.

RC Qualifier
    ya let me know i am gonna get the rr gears so i dont strip another one and let me know about the wheelies cause i like runnin wheelies all the way down the road and my buddys slayer cant and i still outrun him with 2 wheels in the air

RC Champion
    I never could get that thing to get a wheelie - a mile high, the air is thin up here

RC Qualifier
    o i had it doin wheelies when i first got it with the 3.3 but it now has the tm523 and its sick do you still have the tranny gears

RC Racer
    Yeah I had my 3.3 doing some nice wheelies as well, couldn't take off under full power, flipped over backwards a few times, will deffinately need the wheelie bar with the O.S, Which turned up in the mail today. Hopefully it don't strip the gears when I get it fitted & running.

RC Qualifier
    Well I ordered the wide ratio rObinson racing rears this morning and took my tranny apart it's the small gear inside the tranny that is connected to the spur that I stripped but ya watch out with that os my buddy here has the 21 and he's goin through gears as well I recommend a slightly loose slipper for sure looser than with the 3.3

RC Racer
    Sounds like I might have to get the RR gear set myself, I will remember to loosen the slipper a little though, I did have to have it tightened a bit to get the 3.3 to lift the front wheels. Should probably get the Robinson racing slipper clutch & spur & their CB as well. This might get expensive,lol.

RC Qualifier
    Whats the diff between the slipper and bell I want a weak point somewhere where would it be slipper or axle shafts I wish someone would chime in thats done this I need al monarchy to get back on the fOurms he has done all this cause I need more in depth advise nothin against you but your bout to go through what I
    M goin through now haha

RC Racer
    Lol, yeah someone with some experience on this would be good, & there is plenty of ppl who have been through it. I just go by what I read on different forums, thats about all you can do. I know there will need to be something that will always let go, maybe its better to have the spur gear be the weak point, not to hard to change & a cheap part, or just don't have it done up to tight. & yeah, can see I'm going to go through the same,lol. Wonder if breakage problems still happen with the centre diff, they have a bit of give as they drive the wheels differently, never had any issues with the 1/8 nitro buggy,

RC Qualifier
    ive heard that the center diff helps but its more maitinance in my opinion cause if you run too hard you burn the fluid up you have to pull the tranny and replace the oil and all i dunno maybe someone that looks through here will say SOMETHING

RC Qualifier
    also ordered 1600 mah flat pack and new knuckles

RC Racer
    I never heard that about the centre diff, hopefully someone who has it can shed some light on it, but never had any problems with the centre diff in my old 1/8 buggy & that was raced at club meetings, different set up to the Revo though. I think the CD prevents you from doing wheelies to but if it helps stop breakage then it might be worth it.
    What was the flat pack you got, I had a bit of trouble trying to find one that fits the space provided, ended up finding one made by Tenergy so will have to order that I think.

RC poster
    Well I got all those new gears installed as well as some 40 series trenchers. No more wheelies on pavement but still does them in dirt. You can tell it lost some torque but top end is better. I'd recommend it if you do a lot of straight line stuff, if a lot of cornering and short acceleration is what you do then i would go with 14/36. That combo worked well.

RC Qualifier
    Ok then imma stick with the clutch and spur I got 14 36 I like pavement wheelies

RC Qualifier
    Well I was jumping my new jumps I built yesterday and doin some back flips then I busted the front driver side axle shaft o well I got new ones on Standby but the pins are being a real pain does anyone know an easy way to get them out

RC Qualifier
    So has anyone melted bearings into the axle carriers cause mine did now I'm out for the count till my new ones come

RC Qualifier
    Does anybody else done this and why did it happen also are mip shafts worth it or what I took it apart and found that both rears and one front shaft broke

RC Racer
    Thats the first I have heard of the axle carriers being melted onto the bearings, never read anything about it on any of the forums. What axle carriers did you end up getting, I was thinking about the RPM ones as I want the RPM a-arms but the Tekno carriers look pretty good to & have the little pivot ball retaining ring on them. The MIP shafts would have to be better than the stock plastic shafts, I have them on my parts list as well.

RC Qualifier
    alright this sucks i want to run my truck and cant stupid bearings its the first week it hasnt rained all week dang it and my carriers prolly wont be here till the end of the week but we have to head down to the body shop my buddy broke another turnbuckle on his maxx maybe they have 2 kuckles i can get i hope so imma tek pics tonight of them

RC Racer
    hahah, yeah waiting on parts does suck, when I order parts from ebay I have around 2 weeks or more to wait if they get here quick. I have to try to work out what might break so I can order the parts if I can before they break so the Revo isn't of the road for to long, atm it will be atleast a week before its going again, still waiting on new flywheel & clutch & some clutch bell bearings & then it will be 2 weeks before some spare glow plugs turn up, only have the 1 plug that came with the engine, it probably wont last long during the run in process though.
    Last edited by ozziii; 11-19-2012 at 06:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I dunno my big block plug is still goin strong surprisingly just don't lean it out so much have you got yOurs in and goin how do you like it what have you broke lucky I have the shafts they are stock but should last another week or 2 like the first ones did but ya I am about 2 week wait for parts too I'm in Spain

RC Racer
    I'm still waiting on the new clutch/flywheel to turn up, been just over 2 weeks now so shouldn't be much longer, also waiting on new CB bearings, they will prob be another week. Have more glow plugs coming & just ordered a Duratrax flashpoint temp gun as well. Everything on my revo is stock atm, I think I will have to get some stronger parts though.
    I decided I will seal the engine a better to so going to pull the backplate off & seal it with gasket sealant & do the base of the carb as well before I put it in. I have the whole front end out atm, going to give it all a bit of a clean up & throw some high temp grease on the crown wheel & pinion in front & back. Gotta get a few more dollars together to spend on ebay.

RC Qualifier
    What clutch any fly you going with

RC Racer
    Its an ST racing products 3 shoe (alloy) clutch & flywheel conversion kit for Revo, it was a bit cheaper than some others & when I ordered it I didn't have a great deal of money left to spend, will see how it goes. Was told by a couple of people that it is a decent clutch & works well so it should do the job ok. Might end up getting an M2c or even a Buku later on when more funds are available but have other stuff I want first.

RC Qualifier
    ya i think imma get the buku 3 shoe the adjustable one but i dunno any one who runs it is there any one who does this that is and does it hold up well and what oil do people use to lube the bearing in the knuckles and all ozz is that clutch bigger or anything do you know

RC Racer
    There is a Buku clutch that is a straight swap for small block & TRX engines & one for BB 1/8 buggy, truggy & MT engines as well. From what I have read about the Buku clutch, its about the best out there, I haven't read a bad thing about it. Very easy to tune with just a turn of the hex bolts in the flywheel to adjust engagement of the shoes, & they are not wery expensive either.
    http://www.bukupower.com/Clutch.aspx

Bearing in the knuckle ?? Do you mean the bearings in the axle carriers ?? When I do my bearings, diff, wheels etc, I use Castrol high temp bearing grease, haven't done my Revo bearings yet but always done my 1/8 nitro buggy bearings that way & never had a problem.

RC Qualifier
    ya carriers/knuckles im used to 1/1 trucks but hopefully some of my parts are in today so i can play while im smoking brisket tomorrow

RC Racer
    Waiting for parts is a ... Im still waiting for the clutch/flywheel, been 2 weeks now so hopefully this week sometime. New CB bearings turned up today, only 5 days from the U.K, pretty happy about that. Hopefully I will be able to get some more parts soon, think I have sold my photography gear so will have a bit of spare money to spend on ebay,lol. Might get some new stuff like some rpm arms, & maybe Tekno axle carriers, RR slipper & trans gears might be a good idea to as well as steel axles. I plan on spending a few hundred when my stuff is sold, just have to wait for it to be picked up. I really want to get it going again & get the O.S run in, just need the parts.

*Watch the language, even acronyms for language that would otherwise be removed by the language filter.*
    Last edited by Double G; 11-26-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    well still no parts dang it prollly wont get mail till next week i hate mail why cant it just be teleported

RC Racer
    Same here still waiting on my clutch/flywheel, my other ebay orders turned up in under 10 days from the U.S.A but this one is taking ages, & the ebay store I got it from has over 400,000 feedback & 100% positive score. Teleported parts would be ideal.

RC Qualifier
    Well gOt my carriers Robinson gears battery and clutch bell in and installed those gears add a lot more weight than I thought bu hopefully worth it no more stripped gears cross your fingers hope it didn't take away from performance too much but all is good now I can run tomorrow now let's see what breaks next

RC Racer
    Be interesting to see how it goes, specially with the RR gears, I should remember to get a better receiver pack for mine to. Wouldn't mind the RPM arm & carriers but I don't do huge jumps & have spare Traxxas arms & a set of carriers sitting here, might just wait till after Christmas to get them.