Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my revo

RC Qualifier

my revo

alright instead of posting everything in new threads imma just post all here i have a 5309 i love it but found that i like upgrading i got sway bars wing kit foc 3.3 (soon to be replaced maybe) ill post some pics later but i have a ? i have to get new wheels and tires im looking at mashers with desperado wheels 3.8 now if i buy these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-118...item5aea58ed11, if i get these do i need to get new hubs or are they like the traxxas ones. stay tuned im on deployment and i got guys getting into the hobby and were seabees so we have bobcats dozers and all the construction equiptment we want and were bout to start or race track and a bashing track
    drive it like you stole it

RC Champion
    If you get those tires and wheels, you'll be fine. They are for the Traxxas hub set up.

RC Qualifier
    sweet and by the way this thing is sweet i love it if you have any more nitros let me know these guys love these trucks and im loving this one i got from you

RC Champion
    right on! Very happy you're enjoying it! I am selling my nitro rustler - its on the forum but right now, that's all I have. I think I'm going to keep my slayer Pro for a while longer.

"Red"

RC Qualifier
    Alright I'll see what I can do

RC Qualifier
    tires and wheels ordered masher on proline desparado wheels cant wait what do you guys think what should be my next upgrade already got rpm arms all the way around rear sags a bit what should i do to fix that

RC Racer
    Heavier springs on the rear will help keep it up better, Will make it a little more springy though so if its to much then some thicker oil might be the go. I need thicker oil for mine as I have put the blue LT springs on the back, but it still makes it better, although I still have the pre load wound up a bit to stop the sagging, I think I will go the purple's on the rear with thicker oil, not sure what the standard (stock) oil is though, mines not very old so still stock atm. I put the green spring that were on the rear to the front, not to bad like that but spongy so will put something a bit heavier on there to.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Qualifier
    I have 50 w you think that's to much

RC Racer
    Just found in my revo book that the stock factory set up uses 30w silicone shock oil so 50w would be an improvement with the heavier springs but from what I have read, you have purchased your revo from another forum member so he may have already changed the oil & springs. What colour coded springs do you have front & rear atm, there is a little patch of colour to show what spring rate they are at 1 end of the spring. I will try 50w in mine once I get some oil but mine still have stock oil atm so the 50w should work ok. You could just put some of your 50w in anyway & see if it changes anything.

RC Qualifier
    Yea got it off another member maybe he could chime in and let me know but I think it mIght be factory

RC Qualifier
    well engine bearings should be here for my other engine today now how should i press the bearings in on the 3.3 i got the other ones out and all taken apart

The front lightly tap in with a rubber mallet. The rear: take a socket about the size of the rear bearing and tap it in.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Double your the shiznit you know that you help with everything

RC Qualifier
    Alright ran my truck running super good nice smoke trail good temps but in 5 tanks I went through 3 glow plugs can the low speed needle kill plugs or what I am not new to nitro

RC Racer
    I only went through 1 plug on about the 3rd tank & was still running very rich with heaps of smoke so not sure what would cause 3 plugs to die, might just be something that can happen with such rich settings. Good to hear your getting through the run in process though, takes a bit of time but worth doing it right.

RC Qualifier
    Well started on the track goin nicely imma start pics when I change my photo bucket password but anybody got any input on rhythm sections and things how far apart and all

RC Racer
    I have a Revo with the Picco .26, sway bars, rpm arms + carriers, Teckno RC + battery box + wing mount, and lots of spare parts. Also a Nitro Ruster with a modded 3.3, Buku clutch, ERCM pipe, big bore shocks, and many aluminum upgrades.

Both trucks are for sale with out transmitter if you have buddies looking for a couple NICE well built Nitros. I am thinning the collection down from 3 Revos, Emaxx, 2 rustlers, and an HPI super nitro RS4.

PM me if you have any questions
    Warned to not use symbols..........

RC Qualifier
    Alright went to go run today and no start I think the carb is stripped somehow so my question is what carbs fit on the 3.3 I'm tired of messin with this carb

RC Qualifier

track started

RC Racer
    There is a few carbs that people use, the tm523 seems to be the favorite but I don't think its made anymore & is pretty hard to find, I have been looking & can't find one. The O.S 11k carb of the O.S .21tm engine is another good one as well, both of these carbs are reasonably expensive though. A good cheaper option is the Losi 3.4 carb, gives better performance & easier to tune & should be able to get it for around $40. Think I will be ordering 1 of these myself soon.

RC Qualifier
    well im in spain right now and the hobby shop has quite a few tm523s and i think imma try and get a carb from them they have alot of stuff you dont really find in the states

RC Racer
    Hopefully they will part with 1 for you, they seem to be the best suited for the engine. I wonder if RB made a replacement for the carb, if so then the new version might be worth looking into.

RC Qualifier
    Well no progress on the track it's rained all day and suppose to tomorrow but this weekend is suppose to be ok so we will finish the jumps and rhythm section hopefully

RC Qualifier
    alright i went to the hobby shop here in spain and was looking for the tm523 carb well they didnt have any sooooo i just bought the motor hahahaha so sick lookin in the revo so now the question is what should i know i knida already solved the problem with it not opening the carb all the way so what else imma do break in tomorrow if its not raining

RC Racer
    What engine is it, I was looking into the O.S 21tm thinking it was the only 1 that would accept the easy start.

RC Qualifier
    The motor is an RB TM523
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Qualifier
    Yes RB TM523 and the OS21 and the picco 26maxx I believe will accept ez start

RC Racer
    Oh ok, I thought the tm523 was just the model number of the carby, not the engine it was off,lol
    & yeah the OS 21tm is a straight swap, thats what I had been looking at, might have to check out the other engines to.

RC Qualifier
    Well tm523 worth it faster and better then my 3.3 by far but stripped my hub and wheel is ther better 17 mm hubs or what I really need them bad any advise?

RC Qualifier
    Does anybody have advise on this

RC Racer
    Traxxas have their 17mm splined hex's that came out on the later model Revo's, there is some aftermarket hex's but I don't think they are splined like the Traxxas one's.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Traxx...item4d01707b30

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone else use a different hex that maybe are better then the traxxas Ones

RC Racer
    I think the splined hex's from Traxxas are the only one's like it that would stop the slippage, I couldn't find any others. Its more the wheels that are the problem as they are what strips where they mount to the axles/hex drives, a wheel with a stronger, beefier centre would help get rid of the problem.
    Tekno probably have the strongest axle carriers that have 17mm hex's but they are still the standard type hex & would probably strip the wheel easier than the Traxxas ones.
    http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1014-...ers-revo-maxx/
    Last edited by ozziii; 11-04-2012 at 07:53 AM.

RC Qualifier
    well got new hexes and new output shaft to get me going again and ordered another to have my machinist mod for me to make it a little better

RC Qualifier
    o ya also got my wheels and tires in they are sick hook up so much beteter

RC Racer
    What hex's & wheels/tyres did you end up getting.

RC Qualifier
    Used the original hex but prominent mashers and desperado wheels imma post some pictures later they are sweet looking

Pro line My bad
    Last edited by Double G; 11-07-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Oh ok, you ended up getting the ones you linked to in your 1st post, I don't mind the look of them tyres myself, gives the Revo more of a monster truck look to. Probably need a new set before to long myself once the new O.S 21tm & clutch turns up.
    I find the standard tyres don't work that well on anything but grass & their pretty heavy to so just a set of lighter wheels/tyres should improve performance.

RC Qualifier
    Now these tires are a good bit bigger height and width not so much lighter just all around better performance

RC Racer
    Oh ok, yeah checked out the tyres & seen they were slightly bigger, thats ok though. I was going to get a 15t CB but if I was to get the bigger tyres & use the standard 14t CB then it would probably end up giving a similar overall ratio. Them tyres suit the MT look more than others.