RC Champion

Ordered my Rally conversion parts

Cost me 74$ but I still need to get the bumpers, body and wheels....this is going to cost me about 200$ to convert my slash!

I am not really looking forward to that part, BUT...."THE ORANGE ONE" MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER!!!

I hope ebay is good to me!

Allright! Good luck! I didn't know Traxxas was selling parts for the Rally yet...

Edit: Oh, you said eBay... I get it.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

I need to look on eBay myself. See if anyone is selling rollers yet. That might be a better way or getting one for me.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Roller's with no tire's or body are going for 230 buck's!
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    Thanks Wolfslash for your optimism....maybe you should talk to parts suppliers more often and get a better understanding of the market. No Traxxas isn't selling them yet, my order instantly went on back order. I knew that going into it since I had been on the phone with Traxxas all week. Soon, they will have parts to sell and my order will get filled at that point......some people call that a "per-order"!

I looked at the eBay side of things but I'm not going to touch that until the market is flooded and the prices come down...we'll see if that ever happens. Eventually, I'll have a Rally on my terms or a Low CG slash 4x4....either way, I win.
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 10-25-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Roller's with no tire's or body are going for 230 buck's!
    I just saw a roller on on ebay for over $240 with no electronics. I'm going to part out my spare rally so I guess I'll put it on ebay too.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    I couldnt resist!!! I just got the wheels and body for 85$......If I don't post anything in the next couple days, someone call a search party and have the local authorities interview my wife!!! LOL

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I couldnt resist!!! I just got the wheels and body for 85$......If I don't post anything in the next couple days, someone call a search party and have the local authorities interview my wife!!! LOL
    You got them both for $85?? If so, that's not really a bad deal at all. I seen just the body going for $70^. WOW, I wouldnt mind picking up a Red, Blue, or Green just to bash in the ground. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    yea, ValueRC on ebay has been my "go-to" shop lately. full set of Brushless Maxx tires and rims for 39$ too!

I'll come out about even when I consider what I paid for my slash roller, castle motor combo and the conversion parts for the rally.

BUT - I'll have enough parts to do Rally and Slash 4x4 with castle upgrade...all for around 420$

Yea, I'm happy with that

RC Champion
    Got a bunch of parts in today but still no chassis! I guess all the chassis parts being made are going to the LCG slash production line......dang it! Guy at the Hobby store said his supplier is expecting it Mid December! GREAT!

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    right on!

Got it stripped down, built the front and rear. Just waiting on the chassis to get here so I can complete the build. Got a couple of goodies going into it but staying on the modest side for now.

RC Qualifier
    too bad you can't just buy the lcg chassis and slap it on a slash 4x4!

Nice work so far, happy hunting for the rest of your parts.

How much of the Slash 4x4 will you use for the build?

Man the next 2-3 weeks are going to be torture to ya. I can't wait to see your build come along and what all you do to it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    so far, I'm using the diffs, arms, shock towers, and linkage. Axle carriers and steering components of course. I have already converted the front and rear, I'll see if I can upload some images today.

RC Champion
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 11-26-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: I am getting OLD

RC Champion
    Where did you get all the parts? Seem to be not in stock anywhere. I want to convert my sl4sh. I already have stuff like body/wheels/tires

Edit: never mind. Valuerc I take it is where you got the parts.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 11-26-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Champion
    I went to my local hobby shop and place an order for the stock Traxxas parts. They immediately got placed on back order but the parts are slowly showing up as they are released from Traxxas.

I suspect since Traxxas decided to offer the Slash with a LCG chassis, this is what is keeping those parts from being available to the general public.

SIDE BAR RANT
    I still dont think you should release a product without the proper support. What happens to the guy that buys a Rally, breaks the chassis and has to wait 2 months for a replacement part......bad business practice.

I am in no way bashing Traxxas, I'M A HUGE FAN, I just like to point out things I dont like that I have NO control over! LOL!!!

"Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I went to my local hobby shop and place an order for the stock Traxxas parts. They immediately got placed on back order but the parts are slowly showing up as they are released from Traxxas.

I suspect since Traxxas decided to offer the Slash with a LCG chassis, this is what is keeping those parts from being available to the general public.

SIDE BAR RANT
    I still dont think you should release a product without the proper support. What happens to the guy that buys a Rally, breaks the chassis and has to wait 2 months for a replacement part......bad business practice.

I am in no way bashing Traxxas, I'M A HUGE FAN, I just like to point out things I dont like that I have NO control over! LOL!!!

"Red"
    I would hope that if you called Traxxas support that they might be able to help you get some of those important parts. Especially something like the chassis or front brace. But like you said they should be more readily available for the bashers that run these cars to the limits. Luckily I have at least 7 others that can be run at any given time. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    you and I both!

I learned last year that when one broke, I was down for the count. Since, I have acquired 9 more!

RC Champion
    Hey that #7430 is still in demand! LOL not funny really to those that need one

Just saw some Rally take offs on Ebay today that might fill a need for you??

heck I can't find a silly ole 7426x battery ext kit
    Oh well, at least I got lucky and sucked up two #7430's when I found those!
    Good luck with your stuff, I really want a clear Traxxas body 7411 ASAP!!

RC Champion
    Goto LiquidRC.com they have the battery expansion kit for 7 buck's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    hello, i called traxxas and asked about the lcg chassis(7422) i was told it would probably be available after xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Goto LiquidRC.com they have the battery expansion kit for 7 buck's.
    Is this the Rally expansion kit?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Is this the Rally expansion kit?
    Yup, that's where I got mine as well.

RC Champion
    Got my T-Bone rear skid/bumper extension/body protector/dirt shield today!!!

Still no chassis

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    any updates?.........
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    only that I called T-bone racing and they designed the rear bumper(pictured above) to replace the stock bumper. I only bring this up because when I installed it, the stock bumper interfered a little bit and I had to flex the T-Bone bumper to go on WITH the stock bumper....when I took the stock bumper off, worked fine.

STILL WAITING on chassis!!! Hobby shop called me yesterday and told me some things were in but still no chassis! LOL, I cant do anything else without the dang chassis!

Oh, I did screw the slash chassis on monday to measure the wheel base. I am going to use the slash 4x4 body on my nitro rustler when I convert it to a 2wd nitro slash...so I needed to measure for the new handcrafted chassis....we all know it will be FOREVER before they have parts for that ready to ship!

How do you like the TBR rear bumper as a replacement? I know the stock one isnt much other than keeping the rear body from crunching in. You'd think the chop shops would be selling the chassis on ebay, guess better to sell the rollers as a whole first.

I ordered the GPS module and expander way back in April or so of this year and it has yet to come in stock.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

ebay chop shop only sell rollers atm which is stumped me cause they have every parts available and not the chasssis.

RC Racer
    Chassis is a hot seller on ebay! I have seen it twice on ebay. I did manage to grab the 2nd last one friday night. Seems like they post most of them in the evening times. The first set was 2 and they went for 22.99 with bare chassis. This run they sold it with batt hold down for 20! Just keep an eye out as i am sure rcjenny will be posting more soon.
    Last edited by Toddzda; 12-12-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Too many errors. Need to double check my work!

that explain why i can find it on jrc buy it now, cause you bought it first lol.

RC Champion
    Man, I keep looking and looking and looking LOL. I really want that chassis so I can build up a second rally. All the parts on order, just need the foam bumper and chassis and that's it. I knew I should of bought the foam bumper when I seen it for sale on Ebay 2 days ago.

RC Qualifier
    I bought a roller last week and got it this Monday, I have all the parts to make a slash lcg 4x4. But with 2 little ones at home, its hard to find time to work on it!!!!!