RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar

Thedreadedend's TeamRCE Rally

Here's some shots of where I left off ...... thanksgiving night, it got run over buy a 1:1 suv.

I was ticked!!! I didn't run out in the road.... my truck was on the side walk, waiting for the "real" truck to leave the corner (stop sign). I guess it rolled down the slight incline under the vehicle while I was waiting for him to pass. As he drove off, I heard a crunch, his truck bounced up a bit, and I was left with the pancake. I took it upstairs, took a pic, through it in my rc lab after disconnecting the battery...... and I haven't touched it sense then.
    Well today I'll be getting some parts and evaluating the full damage. Just before I slammed it to the floor of the rc lab, I noticed the drive train was fine but no steering.... also, the rx box was busted open, hanging off by the rubber gasket for water seal. Ill take some pix, get it all back together.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Oh shoot man. I would have teared up. LOL Hate to see carnage that way, can't wait to see what the actual damage is though. Hope its not to bad. The electronics & motor is what are the expensive parts. The rest is way cheaper to replace.

Was that the same street you posted you last video from? If so man that one is fureak'n busy bro.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Yup, same street. Its the front of my house. Its only busy at school hours.... 3 schools on my block. After 4-ish it slows down, very few cars.
    So far, I see a servo wire pinched off, broken rx box, slight bow in the center shaft. Looks like a bit of binding from front to rear in the drive train too. If I spin one rear, the fronts don't freely move with the rears like it should so I'll chase that problem down too. Looking at about $10-15 so far. The rce chassis is still fine, the mag arms are fine, wheels, links, mounts, its all looking good so far. Im still wrenching on it .... i'll get back to you with the final damage count/pix soon.

RC Champion
    It's one thing to cause that much carnage from running hard yourself but, to getting flattened in that way. I got chill's just with the picture. Good luck and speedy recovery.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    any survivors lol, J/K. thats one thing i'm worried about running up and down my street here and i live right across a school so i wait until the kids get picked up so traffic are over but, still its that one car that you dont expect i'm worried the most.

hope you get it fixed soon......
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

I've had a few close calls, I've been bashing this corner for a couple years.... I new it would happen, sooner or later. It really got me ticked that I didn't run out or under the vehicle, the few close ones I've had, were all mistakes like flipping the truck into the street or skidding/sliding ...... to have it crushed after patiently waiting.... pulling the truck up the sidewalk next to the stop sign ..... then it free rolling under the vehicle (Rally was out of my site because the suv was between us) ....that's what got me! I'm not one to through a fit but, I've got some imprints on the floor where I slammed it down that night. I was close to selling it all the next day, and today is the first time I've stepped into the rc lab sense thanksgiving, the night it got crushed. TeamRCE skateboard lol.

RC Champion
    I guess you lived up to your signature, right?

LOL...
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

That's my biggest fear of running on the streets. Luckily ours is 30mph and a cul-de-sac, but the folks at the end tend to speed up from our house on. If I see someone heading my direction I speed off into the yard or the field. You know how those sudden blips cause the truck to attract to vehicles like magnets.

Are you possitive the vehicle smashed the lid?? haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Yup ... and would you believe the guy got all bent out of shape, he yelled insanities out his window at me and stopped, staired at me....... I told him to keep driving before it becomes his problem! Look up my corner on google ...... this is the most low down, dirty lil corner of Springfield Ma. Corner of Pomona st./Scott st. This is considered the "red zone" lol. Im not trying to sound like a tough guy.... just saying this guy running my truck over, could have been a fight! Not by me but by these streets and the strange ways they bring out in others. Wasn't this way 3 years ago though, or I wouldn't have ever moved here.

RC Champion
    Wow dude, that sucks lol. But, for a 1:1 running you over and your reported damage so far, you got really lucky man, I am actually quite impressed and amazed.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

I've seen a few trx trucks after getting crunched and they all had some chassis damage. This RCE chassis didn't even show a mark. And the tire traxxas on the focus body run right up, over the center of the truck between f/r wheels from side to side. I can't believe my own eyes on this one! Im still thinking I'll find more damage hides like bearings or other moving parts as soon as I run it but as of now..... the list is still the same. Oh wait, rx case is cracked but rx is still 100% lol, unreal!

RC Champion
    Wow man, that's amazing hahahaha! Like I said, LUCKY!!! Just read about buddy giving you a hard time. Not trying to sound like a tough guy and I am in no way a fighter, but when it comes to my personal belongings and family. I am known to fly off the handle.

I would of looked at at this way, my fault I was on the road it got ran over ok no biggie. BUT, if he started freaking out like it sounds he did, would of been a big mistake on his part.

Can't wait to see more of your build man
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Ya, its a daily thing around big city's, someone does something rude, ridiculous, offensive, then that same person immediately gives you the attitude like you Sid it to them........what? Are you kidding? Most of the time, I can't give an attitude back because im in awe for a moment at what the person did, ya, ok, moving on. That's about how it sounds in my mind at that moment lol.

Got pix uploading... very lil damage to report ....yes....

Yes yes yes PICs finally!! Good to hear minimal damage. Always a good reason to upgrade some parts. LOL Can the new Rally Rx box be mounted on the TRCE chassis? I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to mod if you wanted to.

I find it best to walk away in those situations. Usually not worth it IMO. Glad you kept your cool.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

K broke esc case, servo case, servo wire, rx case, rx box, cracked body.....I have all the parts so no biggy. Im gonna tear down the chassis/alloy parts tonight. Checking for bent screws, alloy, cracked carbon. I expect the screws to be kinked but hoping that's all.
    the esc on top is for testing... not the one that was in it. I had a green cased sc addition.

Not bad not bad! So the Servo did take a little hit. Fixable? Guess not till you can fix the wires and put some power to it. I'm sure you are like me and have a flea market of them. LOL I still can't believe the body mounts didnt bend/ break either.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    About 30 years ago, I had a tamiya frog, it got ran over by a passing car, completely my fault, after looking it over, all it needed was a new chassis, and the servo mounts broke off, I was soooo mad. I was about 13 years old I think. Worst feeling ever!

That's awesome .....I was running a monster beetle, frog or lunchbox around that time. This is my first and hopefully last time. I did find a bit of an arch in one of the RCE alloy parts but I bent it back. So far I've bent a couple arms, bent them back, and they lasted, still straight, i feel the fixed alloy topplate will servive too. I will be getting a full RCE chassis kit, I plan a full scratch build. It'll be my summer Rally race car for upcoming events next summer. I think its a class that'll soon be here to stay. That'll make this car an outright beater/basher.