Thread: handling

RC poster

handling

cant get it to take corners

RC Racer
    need more info to what your problem is to help? onroad offroad? stuff like that and whats its doing in the turns.

RC poster
    onroad 3.3 nitro its pushing bad adjusted shocks on front and back didnt help alot getting better traction but cant get it to turn

RC Racer
    the front could be running too hard but i dont really use my jato onroad much. but maybe too hard of shocks which are not allowing it tto gripand is pushing into the turns. try that first and see what happens.

RC poster
    ok ill try that i do have them pretty stiff ill lighten them up and see if that helps i have 40 shock oil in them ill back the prings off and see what happens thank

RC Qualifier
    Are using sway bars?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Competitor
    I still have the swaybars on mine from when I bought it in July, I haven't noticed it handlign bad on or off road (although off road is hard to handle anyway). I use it just driving around, sway bars good or bad for that?

RC Enthusiast
    what size tires are you using? i noticed with mine anything bigger than 2.2 on the front will kill the turning radius. i use 2.2 speed hawgs on the front and mine corners like a beast. i put a slightly bigger wheel on the front and it pushes wayyyy wide. also, do you have the center flat pack battery? or is yours still in the back? having the battery on the truck rather than behind will put more weight on the front tires. also, WOT cornering DOES NOT WORK lol when i corner i brake slightly to put tension on the front.

RC Competitor
    2.2 dirt hawgs and a mid-chassis flat nimh battery pack

RC Racer
    then its down to suspension tuning and learning to control the car into turns. but i would try softening up the suspension overall with the shock collers about a 1/4 in from the top to start.