Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Thanks for letting me know how it worked. Glad I could help you with a little bit of info. How much did you have to trim off the back forks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    For the back forks, I actually didn't need to trim much, as I cold have just wedged it in tight - but for a smooth "seat" into the channels, I filed down the inner sides of the two forks to create a little more space between.

I did have to cut the other end off the brace though. It was designed to "fit" over the metal stud, which has holes in it for a body clip. The end had a "L" bend in it. I think you know what I'm describing. At any rate, cut the end off, but left enough length to still slide into the lock. Also had to file down the edges and bottom to "skinny" it up so it would lock into place. I guess the Rally brace is a bit thinner.

I'm glad it worked.
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

I love it!!

Even though you had to hack on it and trim it a little its still worth it in the end. I think you said you went with the Extended battery hold down right? I believe it has more bend to it for bigger packs (I could be wrong). On your thread it looks to fit perfectly and snug.

I hate to tell you this but once you get the taste of Lipo you will never look back. It really opens up the full potential of the truck. The power band stays from start of pack till LVD/LVC kicks in. Then you can pick up packs with huge Mah for long run times. Lastly the charge times are really quick compared to Nimh. Most at 2c which can range from 10a & ↑. Last but not least you can pick up a SPC 2S 7.4v 5000mah 30c for $27.95. Thought i'd tease ya a little. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Lol! I'm a huge Lipo fan Pede. It's all I ever used to run. However; being military and having to deploy - lipos aren't the safest battery to bring into some of the environments I deal with. Thus, I decided to increase by stock of Nimh batts and couldn't pass up a deal on 4 of them for 50$. I have a Lipo, and will get more as the time passes; though, if I expect to take my rally with me when I deploy (every once and while we get a day or so of fun time) I'd like to be as safe as I can. The rally breaks down soo simple I can take it anywhere and not worry about it being bulky or taking up too much space. Sure, I may have to sacrifice the space of one fresh pair of skivvies and socks... Lol.

Joe

Sweet dude!! First off thanks for what you and the rest of the military does for us!! Can't thank you guys enough for the freedom we take for granted.

Awesome dude. I totallly agree with you, its one less thing to have to worry about and totally understand. Hope you get to do some bashing soon. I'm fixing to bail out of work, came in for a couple of hours to finish up some stuff. Kiddo has a soccer game after lunch. Then bro is bbq'n hamburgers and hotdogs for supper. I plan on doing some bashing with the Rally and possibly the Digger. WooHoo!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Thanks Pede... Happy to serve and grateful for Americans such as yourself who thank the military and first responders for doing their duty. At the end of the day, its our job, and being thanked for doing our job is an awesome feeling and brings a sense of pride in what we do! I think we should thank many more Americans for doing what they do, especially jobs that keep our cities, towns, states and country moving forward - those behind the scenes. 'MERICA!

Traxxas should design a body for all their line ups (Slash's, Summits, Revo, Pedes, rustlers, etc) that features American Flag colors and design. Something USA themed... The number 50 for the states. I'd buy it. They can design it now, and have it ready by July

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BASH N SLASH View Post
    Traxxas should design a body for all their line ups (Slash's, Summits, Revo, Pedes, rustlers, etc) that features American Flag colors and design. Something USA themed... The number 50 for the states. I'd buy it. They can design it now, and have it ready by July
    Joe
    That would be cool if they could run a special edition of each of the RC's bodies to support our troops like that. I would be all over it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Being able to get a body that has either of the armed service's on them would be great. Shoot Traxxas already has traveled oversea's to US military base's. How hard would it be for them to run a limited edition body run of all the separate armed force's. that is a great idea. We should set up a post letting Traxxas know that we want to support the military as an RC community and them as a company. I'm all for any support that can be given to a group of outstanding men and women who defend our freedom's and our constitution.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

I sent you a PM mate about your HR sway bar kit...I had a few questions.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    I sent you a PM mate about your HR sway bar kit...I had a few questions.
    PM'd ya back. Hopefully that helps ya out.

Sorry about not replying back. I seen it on tapatalk and forgot to respond. Our units went down at work and i've been hammered since the 11th.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

No worries mate...all good. Thanks for those pics; they answered my question. It must of been a bad batch that I got.
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    No worries mate...all good. Thanks for those pics; they answered my question. It must of been a bad batch that I got.
    That's terrible you got 2 in a row though. Hopefully they send you a couple new sets that are good to go.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

My plans are to be running my Rally, Digger, & Slash this weekend. I'm working today and hopefully that's it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

VG Racing Chassis Brace

I dove in and ordered the VG Racing Chassis Brace. I picked this puppy up for $24.99 shipped and with a free GIFT. I went with black as its a very universal color and it look magnificent with the rest of the car. Its very simple to bolt up, remove the 2 fasteners at the front of the chassis and the other 2 at the back, line the brace up, then bolt it down with the 4 included longer ones. 5 minutes later and its a done deal. I doubt I will ever have a broken chassis now. That and the added Axis Body Brace should make it quite rigid. Here are the picks.

VG Racing Chassis Brace (black)

SS Locking Body Clips (GIFT)

I really like this piece. Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Awesome, that thing is going to be stiffer than a lambo. What radio system are you running with the et3s? I need a new system because i got the et3s not knowing that it doesnt accept the tq system.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    I'm glad you like the VG brace, I think it's a nice functional piece. With BOTH braces, yours should be as strong as a TANK!!!LOL!!!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Awesome, that thing is going to be stiffer than a lambo. What radio system are you running with the et3s? I need a new system because i got the et3s not knowing that it doesnt accept the tq system.
    I'm running the TQi. I believe to run another radio system you have to turn off Castle link. I have the ET-3S and the Vector 4000kv in my rusty and was using a Spektrum Tx/Rx with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    I'm glad you like the VG brace, I think it's a nice functional piece. With BOTH braces, yours should be as strong as a TANK!!!LOL!!!

AB
    Yep what I'm thinking to. Rock solid now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I'm running the TQi. I believe to run another radio system you have to turn off Castle link. I have the ET-3S and the Vector 4000kv in my rusty and was using a Spektrum Tx/Rx with no issues.

I was just surfing the web and wasnt able to find any info on how to turn it off, thanks for letting me know, now i might not have to buy a new radio system.

You have to turn it (CLL) off via the castle link software on a pc. You need a field programming card or castle link cable. It has an option to turn it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    okay thank you so much, wish my rally was like yours

okay thank you so much, wish my rally was like yours
    Thanks. Its a working progress. Well its pretty much where I want it now. I have a painted up shell and some new treads to run on it. I'm just waiting to wear both of those out. LOL I have another lid that i'm going to put a body wrap on one of these days.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update

Wemt to visit my folks for Christmas in Texas Hill Country. Loaded up the family, luggage, and our RCs. I also surprised my Dad with a 1/18 Rally. We had a blast driving them throughout the days while we were there. On the last day we were racing them up a grade and the little boy and I collided and I tumbled several feed and rolled back down. Then I seen the passenger rear rolling down to. I was hoping for the best and it being fixable. I looked at the tire and I sheered the out drive shaft on the Traxxas CVDs.

I was bummed. Shut her down for the rest of the trip. Came back home and ordered another set. I'll get some picks of the broken part and install of the new one soon.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    That's because of that big blue beast! Hey Dig, still going strong I see! Bashin and thrashin!
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Champion
    How has your ET-3S and ET-2400 held up so far? Just got mine about a month ago...

RC Champion
    Digger, you're running 2 braces? :O Maybe overkill but you're covered

Looking good Sean, good to see you're up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    That's because of that big blue beast! Hey Dig, still going strong I see! Bashin and thrashin!
    Oh heck ya. I got the replacement Traxxas CVDs. I'll replace the one and save the other. I love bashing this beast. She is in dire need of some new treads, but those stockers are fun to drive and skid around on pavement. I do have thos off brand ones i picked up off eBay for future use.

How has your ET-3S and ET-2400 held up so far? Just got mine about a month ago...
    Its been a fantastic system. No complaints so far. I seen a guy posted in the XO forum where you can wipe the firmare on the ET-3S and update to a Castle firmware. Said it gives you all the settings the MMP has with up to 6S. I'm not really worried 3S is about as much fun as I want on this car.

BTW yours looks pretty dang clean bro!!! Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Digger, you're running 2 braces? :O Maybe overkill but you're covered !
    Yes sir I sure am. With all those tricks and bashes up and down the hick, with it flipping and flopping all over the place I have yet to bust a chassis. Just those Traxxas CVDs. I do have a set of MIPs I could install on the next time around. They could have even busted from me holding the throttle when it landed and made contact. LOL
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 03-04-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Yeah, my Rally was breaking and bending steel spindles and axles like mad. I thought it maybe because they were low cost Integy ones, and maybe it is. I ordered a set of Traxxas ones, but never installed them and chose to use the MIP's with the keyed spindles.

something about the way these road cars pirouette on the hard pavement that seems harder on axles than offroad. I have the Traxxas CVD on my Ultimate, and abuse that unit very hard, no breaks yet to the pinned CVDs.

That's good man. I've put quite a few hours on mine to. If I break the last of these I'll go back to MIP or Tekno. Had pretty good luck with both of these sets. I think why they bust up more for on roads is because if and when you crash it's on pavement.

Man I wish the weather was nice out. I want to bash so bad. Looks like I'm working this weekend to and it's supposed to warm up and sunshine, then Sunday it goes down hill again. LOL

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Yeah the pavement tends to not give as much

You live in Texas, what is considered bad weather? Rain? I hear you don't get that at times either lol. Jk feel free to correct me of the stereotypes

It's still winter and snowing today in Canada. It may be a while before I can play with my summer toys

Yeah the pavement tends to not give as much

You live in Texas, what is considered bad weather? Rain? I hear you don't get that at times either lol. Jk feel free to correct me of the stereotypes

It's still winter and snowing today in Canada. It may be a while before I can play with my summer toys
    Funny you ask about the weather. LOL Thunderstorms, haha I think if I remember correctly we just got a few showers, not what the weather man ended up predicting. But for us it can be 90 one day and 30 the next.

Has the weather warmed up for you to run yet?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    The weather here has been a long winter with flashes of spring summer, only to get snow again. Is melts during the day but snows enough to make highway travel dangerous. It snowed the last 2 days, but today I woke up to no snow, and a high of 18C, so it was like spring again

I'm looking forward to outside activities that summer brings!

I'm looking forward to outside activities that summer brings!
    I totally understand! I'm glad the weather has been nice, plus work has slowed for a few. The little guy and I have been bashing most of this week. We burn up a handful of packs after he's home from school and me work.

======

Last week I finally changed out the broken rear driveshaft. It had been down since we bashed at my folks place at the end of December. I just never really got to it to fix it. About 15 mins and she was back together. I had a blast like always. I need to throw some new treads on it though. I've been burning up the stocks for a while. They are practically on their last leg. I have the 17mm SupraSalses that will be replacing these. I really like the look of the Banditos but I like to take her off road and that would suck for traction. Hopefully these treads hold up really well. I have the street ones on my Mugen MBX-7 ECO until I take it to the track.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I'm expecting the Banditos to be okay off road too, at least I'll treat them like that

I'm expecting the Banditos to be okay off road too, at least I'll treat them like that
    Might be a good idea then. What wheels do you have glued up to the Banditos?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    No idea, they are from ebay. I have 2 sets of black, and one set of white.

No idea, they are from ebay. I have 2 sets of black, and one set of white.
    They both look great to. I might have to pick up a pair of those in the future.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore