Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 236
  1. #161
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    what size shaft is the brace DiggerPede? is it hallow or solid? all in all it looks very nice man.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

  2. #162
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. MITCH316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,259
    Awesome build mate...you guys are converting me to to join the rally crew.
    Rock n Rolla !

  3. #163
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    what size shaft is the brace DiggerPede? is it hallow or solid? all in all it looks very nice man.
    I'd say it looks to be 3/8". I'll verify and in mm when I get home this evening. It's a CF tail boom, so should be hollow. I can double check that to.

    Man it looks way cleaner in person. Pictures don't always do the justice of what it looks in person. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Awesome build mate...you guys are converting me to to join the rally crew.
    Appreciate it. They are very fun to drive. I have fun drifting it around. The stock tires are actually a blast squeeling on smooth cement. I don't think you'll regret converting or buying one of these. I still like the rest of my fleet to. This just adds to the satisfaction of RC'n. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  4. #164
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Covina, So Cal
    Posts
    638
    That looks like one heck-uv-a set up! Definitely no flex there, especially with those aluminum shock towers. Very nice build!!!

    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

  5. #165
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Delmarva
    Posts
    307
    I've been enjoying your build thread Digg, can't wait to see what you come up with next

  6. #166
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. MITCH316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Appreciate it. They are very fun to drive. I have fun drifting it around. The stock tires are actually a blast squeeling on smooth cement. I don't think you'll regret converting or buying one of these. I still like the rest of my fleet to. This just adds to the satisfaction of RC'n. LOL
    I've been looking on eBay for a Rally LCG roller but cant seem to find any...shipping to Australia is a nightmare at times for shipping costs.

    I know what you mean about an ever growing fleet of RC's...this would make #5 if I go ahead with this.
    Rock n Rolla !

  7. #167
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I've been looking on eBay for a Rally LCG roller but cant seem to find any...shipping to Australia is a nightmare at times for shipping costs.
    There are a few on eBay right now. Costs for a roller range from $180-275.

    << 1/10 Traxxas Rally >>


    The cost of shipping is what will get you in the end. What about ordering a 1/10 Rally online and parting out what you don't want/need??
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  8. #168
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. MITCH316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    There are a few on eBay right now. Costs for a roller range from $180-275.

    << 1/10 Traxxas Rally >>


    The cost of shipping is what will get you in the end. What about ordering a 1/10 Rally online and parting out what you don't want/need??
    Cheers for that link mate...I tried to do a search on ebay.com...I obviously didn't type the right description. I am so use to searching the eRevo section as all my trucks are 1/10 eRevo based platforms.

    I thought about buying a complete rally but the only things I am interested in is the diffs, chassis with front and rear bumpers and receiver.

    Nothing like building and modding a custom rig .
    Rock n Rolla !

  9. #169
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2007 View Post
    Can anyone tell me a good tire for my nitro pede that is good on road and off road thanx
    .313 or 5/16" or 7.938 mm. I was close LOL

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 01-30-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  10. #170
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    .313 or 5/16" or 7.938 mm. I was close LOL

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    This info was supposed to be for humayrayakongkinaon. LOL This is the dia of the CF center tube on the Chassis/body brace.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  11. #171
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    This info was supposed to be for humayrayakongkinaon. LOL This is the dia of the CF center tube on the Chassis/body brace.
    so is it close to same size as the center shaft? reason why i'm asking cause i might consider making my own brace (similar clamp design) and use the XO-1 center shaft.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

  12. #172
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    so is it close to same size as the center shaft? reason why i'm asking cause i might consider making my own brace (similar clamp design) and use the XO-1 center shaft.
    That would be awesome man. I'm really impressed at how stiff and stable that brace is. I had my worries in the begining but now i'm super excited. Whenever I can get away from work i'm going to have fun with my RC's.

    I'm obviously working today and just got a call to work the rest of the weekend. I said I can't Sunday as its my mandatory fatigue day. Can only work 14 days in a row, then off on the 15th. Which also happens to be SuperBowl Sunday. LOL Guess everyone else is taking off to, as they asked me to be here specifically. Gotta love Plant Life.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  13. #173
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    That would be awesome man. I'm really impressed at how stiff and stable that brace is. I had my worries in the begining but now i'm super excited. Whenever I can get away from work i'm going to have fun with my RC's.

    I'm obviously working today and just got a call to work the rest of the weekend. I said I can't Sunday as its my mandatory fatigue day. Can only work 14 days in a row, then off on the 15th. Which also happens to be SuperBowl Sunday. LOL Guess everyone else is taking off to, as they asked me to be here specifically. Gotta love Plant Life.
    yeah it really does make a big defference (stiff wise). i have a slight scratched on my center shaft right where the shaft enter the chassis, that scratch happen before i put the brace and noe that i have the brace the scratch remains the same.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

  14. #174
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. MITCH316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Hey Digger...mate I ordered a set of the GTR shocks for my build as I have GTR shocks on all my other builds. I am wanting to try keep my spares all the same where practically possible.

    I am trying to get my head around these springs...difficult when you don't have them in front of you. I've just been reading the parts list for the Slash platinum and the F springs are rated 0.767 rate (black) and the rear 0.874 rate (black).

    I ordered some XO-1 springs for the front #5434 1.6 rate (blue) short spring and rear #5434A 1.6 rate (double blue) long spring. I am thinking that this might be to light for what I am trying to achieve.

    My question is: would you know off hand if the stock revo springs fit these shocks fine with them been different lengths. For my build I want stiffer front suspension than the rear without using too thick of a shock oil. I was wanting to use a stiffer spring in front and was curious to know if the stock revo spring would fit these shocks without to much compression of the spring up front or to much preload on the spring in the rear.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 02-06-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

  15. #175
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Glens Falls New York USA
    Posts
    653
    Are the ten-t shocks a direct fit to drop into the rally or do they require any modding?

  16. #176
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Park City, Utah
    Posts
    3
    Nice Mods Digger. Myself, Im just getting started but thanks for setting the example.

  17. #177
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    My question is: would you know off hand if the stock revo springs fit these shocks fine with them been different lengths. For my build I want stiffer front suspension than the rear without using too thick of a shock oil. I was wanting to use a stiffer spring in front and was curious to know if the stock revo spring would fit these shocks without to much compression of the spring up front or to much preload on the spring in the rear.

    Thanks.
    I have a spare set of GTR Erevo shocks and put them SxS and the spring dia looks the same. The Slash GTR's are mounted on my Rally right now, if you want I can take them off this weekend and be sure for you. But i'm almost sure they are the same except for being shorter in the rears

    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    Are the ten-t shocks a direct fit to drop into the rally or do they require any modding?
    You will need the a couple sets of LOSB2906 for the shock cap bushings. I used nitro tubing on my first set which has held up really well. Other than that they are pretty much bolt up like the LCG GTR's.

    Quote Originally Posted by ParkCityRally View Post
    Nice Mods Digger. Myself, Im just getting started but thanks for setting the example.
    Thanks man. Let us know if you need any help with anything.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  18. #178
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. MITCH316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I have a spare set of GTR Erevo shocks and put them SxS and the spring dia looks the same. The Slash GTR's are mounted on my Rally right now, if you want I can take them off this weekend and be sure for you. But i'm almost sure they are the same except for being shorter in the rears
    No worries mate...I have a heap of eRevo shocks lying around if the slash GTR's wont work...I've also ordered a few different spring rates for this build to try on the Slash GTR's.

    Thanks for the offer tho mate!
    Rock n Rolla !

  19. #179
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Glens Falls New York USA
    Posts
    653
    Digger I tried to pm you and your inbox was full. Just so your aware.

  20. #180
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    No worries mate...I have a heap of eRevo shocks lying around if the slash GTR's wont work...I've also ordered a few different spring rates for this build to try on the Slash GTR's.

    Thanks for the offer tho mate!
    Anytime man. I should have compared these to the Erevo shocks in the begining. I had the Erevo shocks way at the bottom of my big trucks bin. I looked and looked and finally found them. LOL I might have to put these to good use on a build. Thoese Revo springs are dang hard though (red). I'm sure the oil in them is a heavy weight to.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    Digger I tried to pm you and your inbox was full. Just so your aware.
    Sorry bro. It's cleaned out now.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  21. #181
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    I picked up a couple sets of new treads.

    On road:




    Slicks:


    Both of these are just a mm or 2 smaller than the 1/8 buggies I posted earlier in the thread. I picked these both up for a little over $50.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  22. #182
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Covina, So Cal
    Posts
    638
    Yo Digger, nice shoes! What wheels and tires are those? I'm starting to collect parts for my next project! I'm going to build an on-road Rally/GT8 using the LCG chassis, rolling on 17mm hubs. Thanks!

    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

  23. #183
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    Yo Digger, nice shoes! What wheels and tires are those? I'm starting to collect parts for my next project! I'm going to build an on-road Rally/GT8 using the LCG chassis, rolling on 17mm hubs. Thanks!

    AB
    They are from Suprasales on eBay. They've been a good tire so far. I just wanted to test the waters with a different tread option. Once I get done revamping the Slash I'll have my work table cleared off to slap these on.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  24. #184
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Covina, So Cal
    Posts
    638
    Thanks! Found 'em, good price too.

    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

  25. #185
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    Thanks! Found 'em, good price too.

    AB
    You can't beat them for the money. This will make my 4th style from them.

    I went and looked up the X-01 slicks and 2 sets are nearly $95 shipped. Which they are reated to 118mph supposedly. I'm curious as to tire wear on them.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  26. #186
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    nice buy there DiggerPede. the only onroad combo that i have'nt buy from him yet are the treaded one, its suppossively belted tires. let us know how good they are.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

  27. #187
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    the giant boot. Anybody?
    Posts
    2,727
    I bought a set of SCT slick's from suprasale's and they are awesome drift tire's. Better squeal from them than the stocker's. I think when it warm's up here they will be even better for onroad track use, they have really good grip in the cold but I think they will be better when it warm's up a bit. The 2400 on 3s will still over power then and get them to break loose. But with a throttle control they work great on the asphalt. Liking the spoke rim to Digger.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

  28. #188
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    i notice the treaded ones have skinnier spoke rims? thats probably even lighter
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

  29. #189
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i notice the treaded ones have skinnier spoke rims? thats probably even lighter
    I'm just going to have to clear my table so I can't mount those puppies. Have me curious now.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  30. #190
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,856
    no no no, i want you to run it so that you can tell us how you like it. i saw one guy with his ofna GT with a sweep wheels/tires and it looks smaller and narrow compare to my suprasales. he has a MMM/2200 also and it did'nt impressed me much, its was sliding everywhere lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

  31. #191
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Yay for being of today, finally. We ended up going to the local school playground. So I charged up a 3S pack and let her rip for 40 minutes. I had a blast, much needed RC time. LOL

    This is my first time running it since upgrading the shock tiers to STRC alloy and the chassis brace. I also bumped the pinion up a couple teeth. Think ours now 19T. This sucker ran like a scalded cat. Temps running 75% grass reached 160.

    Here's a couple shots after cleaning up.





    I'm finishing up my Slash revamp hopefully tonight. Then the work table will be cleared so I can slap those new road tires and slicks.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  32. #192
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jax FL
    Posts
    100
    Digger,

    I was looking at some battery hold down options. I was able to get 4 traxxas NiMhs for 50 bucks, used, but in excellent condition. The Nimhs are Traxxas 2926 which go to the stampede or slash I believe, which have the 7 batt cell on top in the center, which will not work with the stock hold down retainer. Would swapping out the rally battery hold down retainer with the Slash's work? Based on my research, the length is 29mm. I know the rally slides in to stay seaed and the slash's uses a pin. But I figure I could make it work, especially if all I have to do is file down the end a bit.

    Here's a few photos

    Battery Hold Down: Traxxas 5827X -

    Battery: Traxxas 2926 -
    Last edited by BASH N SLASH; 02-23-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

  33. #193
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    I'll check that out for you tonight. I have a Slash hold down that I could try. Sorry I missed this, I would have tested last night.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  34. #194
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jax FL
    Posts
    100
    No worries, I appreciate the help. The lengths are 29mm based on the hold down retainer. So hopefully it does work
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

  35. #195
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by BASH N SLASH View Post
    No worries, I appreciate the help. The lengths are 29mm based on the hold down retainer. So hopefully it does work
    The back forks would have to be modded (cut the distance in between). The slash seems to be slightly slimmer. Then trim the distance from end to end. The 7 cell flat packs are a perfect fit though. I think you might be able to make this work. Let me know if yay out nay.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  36. #196
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172

    Update: Dusty Motors Shroud for LCG Rally/ Slash 4x4

    Hey! The postman dropped off a nice little mail envelpe yesterday. This sucker shipped from Lithuania, and to my door in less than 2 weeks. Not bad if you ask me.

    First impression its the same quality as the other Dusty Motor Shrouds. It fits really good where the other didnt because they were made for the non-LCG chassis. The shroud velcros right into place between the nerf bars and front and back of them. It also has elastic stretch at the front and rear of the chassis (like its predecessor) and also around the nerf bars where the cutouts are. In the pictures when I purchased it I was kinda leary at how short it was in the front as it doesnt go all the way to the front. I know why they did that now. So if you mounted your Rx box up there it wouldnt have to overlap it or have a big bulge. It looks kinda funny on the chassis but actually fits really good. The good thing is they still use the zipper top so you can access your battery, unplug it, and/or cut the truck off. I still remove mine when I blow out the chassis innards. I know I still need to fill the void where the nerf bars have an opening. Probably end up cutting some foam and squishing it in there. I'll definitely let you guys know how well it keeps junk off the chassis. I still end up getting some trash in there but not near as much as if I wasnt. I mean it does more than just that, but that is one of the reasons. Sorry for the louzy pics as they don't do it any justice really. I'm almost done with my Slash Revamp then the table will be cleared. Stinking allergies are kicking my bud. Ugh!!









    Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  37. #197
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    the giant boot. Anybody?
    Posts
    2,727
    So I don't have this shroud yet, "future buy", but I have been trying to think of a way to close all the gap's. I have 8 or 10 small R.E.M magnet's, these guy's are super strong. I was thinking I could glue 2-3 of them to the top of the chassis where the shroud hit's and get the wife or myself to sew in 2-3 to the shroud itself. You would have to open up the seam on the shroud to stuff the magnet's in there. Sew the magnet's into place and I think they will hold the shroud down the best and allow you to remove it still. I think this could easily work on the gap at the nerf bar's as well.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

  38. #198
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jax FL
    Posts
    100
    Digger,

    I'll let you know how it goes.

    Joe
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

  39. #199
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    So I don't have this shroud yet, "future buy", but I have been trying to think of a way to close all the gap's. I have 8 or 10 small R.E.M magnet's, these guy's are super strong. I was thinking I could glue 2-3 of them to the top of the chassis where the shroud hit's and get the wife or myself to sew in 2-3 to the shroud itself. You would have to open up the seam on the shroud to stuff the magnet's in there. Sew the magnet's into place and I think they will hold the shroud down the best and allow you to remove it still. I think this could easily work on the gap at the nerf bar's as well.
    Nice idea. I'm interested in seeing how that works.

    Quote Originally Posted by BASH N SLASH View Post
    Digger,

    I'll let you know how it goes.

    Joe
    Tin-Foil!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  40. #200
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jax FL
    Posts
    100
    Ok,

    Got the parts in yesterday and rebuilt the Rally. First off, I love the design behind these Rally/Slash's! So easy to build/tear down, etc. I know this is nothing new to you pros and joes, but I must admire their creativeness.

    With some small modifications, I was able to make the slash battery hold down brace work for the Rally. This particular brace was the extended version for taller batteries, which may or may not have had much affect. I presume the stock slash/pede hold down brace may have worked the same with the same type mods. Enough talking. Here's some photos.





    I have some additional photos in my other thread "Rally Meets Curb" - I have a few questions.
    "Incoming rounds always have the right of way!"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •