Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    My order for the new Traxxas GTR alloy shocks, alloy c-blocks & Fr/Rr carriers are in Houston. So that means the postman should drop something special in the breadbox at the end of the drive today.

I'm anxious to see the GTR shocks in person. The Losi Ten-T's will end up getting moved back to the Rusty possibly if I like these.

Anyone else thought of using these yet?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    My order for the new Traxxas GTR alloy shocks, alloy c-blocks & Fr/Rr carriers are in Houston. So that means the postman should drop something special in the breadbox at the end of the drive today.

I'm anxious to see the GTR shocks in person. The Losi Ten-T's will end up getting moved back to the Rusty possibly if I like these.

Anyone else thought of using these yet?
    YUP! I got 2 sets, put 'em on, & THEY ROCK!

[IMG][/IMG]

I modded this set, left the other set stock.

Cheers!
    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

^^^ Those arent the new Traxxas GTR Shocks are they?? Look like Losi Ten-T's.

Sorry guys i've been out with the bug. I'll shoot some pics of the GTR's and side by side with the Ten-T's. I will aslo plan to mount them up.

I messed around with them and they look really nice. I like how plush they fill. They have a 13mm PTFE coated bore, hold 70% more oil vs ultras, & TiNi shafts. The shafts look huge to. Maybe 3.5-4.0mm?? I'll put them on the digital gauge.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I was going to say those shock's look like Ten-T shock's as well. I keep hearing from other board's and guy's that have them about how plush they feel.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I was going to say those shock's look like Ten-T shock's as well. I keep hearing from other board's and guy's that have them about how plush they feel.
    Nope, they are GTR's with the TRAXXAS 5460A blue anodized bodies. The rears are a bit shorter than the stock GTR's, but work fine.

AB

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    What part #'s are they? Can't seem to find them anywhere for sale? Where did you guys get them? I've been looking for #7462x and #7461x.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    What part #'s are they? Can't seem to find them anywhere for sale? Where did you guys get them? I've been looking for #7462x and #7461x.
    Those are the part numbers, per the TRAXXAS site, but they list them as out of stock. Digger & I got ours off ebay, they were take-offs from a parted out chassis. Search Traxxas Slash 4X4 LCG, more may come up soon. Good luck!

AB

RC Champion
    Wow I didn't know they had these in blue as well. All be it an option part. Nice. How are the spring's? Do you think they would work on the big bore's using Ultra shock spring retainer's?
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    They also come in red-5460R. The bodies are shorter than the rears, so it will limit downward wheel travel. I used the stock pistons and stock longer shafts for the rear, and adjusted the collar for the ride height. No, the GTR springs are bigger than the ultra retainers. The springs are smooth. I went with heavier oil, as I like a stiffer suspension. It lands great from jumps, smooth with a controlled rebound. Check my thread for more pics and a vid. I don't want to hijack Digger's thread!

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...LCG-Conversion

AB

Update: Installed Traxxas GTR Fr/Rr Shocks and Aluminum Blocks & Carriers

I was out sick earlier in the week, went to work on Thursday and started my 17 day Vacation Friday. I've been super busy and just now got some time to mess around with my RC's. Started off installing the new GTR shocks that are offered on the Ultimate Slash 4x4. I snatched these up last week and they've been waiting for me to get them bolted up. They are practically a mirror image of the Losi Ten-T's that I put on the car. I'm really impressed with them. A fine upgrade IMO. I also upgraded the Fr/ Rr Carriers and c-blocks to Traxxas aluminum ones. Funny thing I got rid of some blue and added more back. haha These might get stripped down the road. Currently charging up a fleet of packs to go out and do some running here soon. I'll test these shocks vs the Ten-T's.

I readjusted the body posts in the front and let down some of the shock preload you see in the picks. I think after a couple of runs i'll have them dialed in. BTW the Ten-T springs fit the GTR's.

Anyways here are the pics of the install.

Ten-T on the left & Traxxas GTR on the right. Spitting image. LOL

Fronts installed and I did turn the shock preload up so they are not at the end of the body as shown here.

Rear Traxxas GTR & Bearing Carriers installed.

Front C-block & carrier.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 12-23-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Wow, nice looking parts digger! Can't wait to here about the shock performance! They look like some beefy shocks lol. What was the price? I like the trx alloy but, it stinks that its all hides under that body! So far, with this truck, its gotta be the least maintenance I've ever had as far as breakage. Seems like a stockish rally could last a fella quite a while. If I didn't have the upgrades/bling, I don't know if I would even bother with bits like alloy knuckles, carriers, camber links, toe links. Its a must for all my others but this one gets its beat down differently, shafts, electronics may be all I would have done on an rtr model............. hahahahaha you should see the grin on my face right now! I know im full of it, you don't have to say anything! L.s.h.m.s.f.o.a.I.d.m.t.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

You know me I have to add some bling to all my rides. I picked up the GTR shocks for $60. About the same cost for the Ten-Ts. I also picked up the Traxxas alloy parts for a decent price so I couldn't pass them up. Plus they look really nice on it.

I still need to bump the pinion up a couple teeth. It's running way cool and I'd like to see a little more speed. LOL At least in the mid 40's and i'm set.

BTW I can only imagine the look on ur face. I'm going to play dumb today, but what do those letters mean? You singing Christmas songs over there?? hahahaahahaha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Builds looking pretty sweet there Digger. I noticed you got the stock tires back on, you prefer those over the ones you had before? The ones from suprasales?

lol Dreaded, that's a part of the fun man. installing stuff and getting new stuff . But I hear ya, it's not a need, it's a want lol. Nothing wrong with looking at your ride and being like " man does that ever look sweeeeet!! ".
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

I've been running the stock body and tires for a little while now. I want to get some use out of them otherwise they'd just be stuffed to the side. I actually like the stockers they make a sweet sound on cement. I've actually been trying to burn them up. I think I can get another handful of 3s packs out of them at least.

I know for sure once I burn the stock tires, then the suprasales i'll put street tires on next or maybe those trepadores that pave is running. I'm waiting to see how yall's picks on tires are doing. Maybe go from there.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

BTW I can only imagine the look on ur face. I'm going to play dumb today, but what do those letters mean? You singing Christmas songs over there?? hahahaahahaha
    Lol, I new you would ask ...... L.s.h.m.s.f.o.a.I.d.m.t. ....my daughter texted that to me after I wrote something funny, she was in New Mexico at the time so I laughed hard when she told me
    ---- laughed so hard my sombrero fell of and I dropped my taco.--- she cracks me up.

Dude that is funny dread...Sure you didnt come up with that???

I need to pick up a couple more 3S packs. I'm only running one at the moment. I had to recycle an old one I got a couple years ago. I just didnt feel safe with it anymore. The Traxxas CVD's are still holding up very well on the Rally. Being that i'm keeping it on flat surfaces and some off road I think they are a nice upgrade.

Also the GTR shocks did a fantastic job. The fronts seem to be dialed in perfectly so far. I think i'm going to loosen up the rear a little and take some of the preload off. Probably a handful of turns will get it.

Currently charging up some packs for another run after lunch. Yay. Better do this before the nasty weather for us tomorrow. I'll prolly charge a couple for a possible run tomorrow.

Oh and has anyone seen that Castle Creations released their new waterproof controllers. The Mamba Monster 2 & Sidewinder 3. I hope they do the same thing to the MMP.

My 3s is about finished charging. I'll scoot this out of the way and take those measurement for humayrayakongkinaon.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Digger, how did you mount your ET3-S ESC? Did you use the Snappy mount? I got my CC MMP 2400 combo today, and am looking at options, including having to move the Rx box. Also, how are the TRX CVD's holding up? I ordered a set of F's & R's today. Thanks!

AB

hey brotha man, Just checkin in on my brotha build. Going awesome man. Love it as always. Also, love the pic with the lil dude Can sure tell he loves his and his dads hobby Happy New Year to you brotha. I havent been around much in last month, il send ya PM lettin ya know whats up, but il never be leaving the hobby thats for sure
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    Digger, how did you mount your ET3-S ESC? Did you use the Snappy mount? I got my CC MMP 2400 combo today, and am looking at options, including having to move the Rx box. Also, how are the TRX CVD's holding up? I ordered a set of F's & R's today. Thanks!

AB
    I cut a piece of Lexan and bolted it to the chassis. I then mounted the ESC to that plate with velcro. Its held it in place very well. The MMP or ET-3S speed control will fit perfectly between the Rx box and the 2400 motor can. The Traxxas CVD's have held up really well.

I think you will like the CVD"s. They have held up to the ET-2400 motor so I'm a fan so far.

BTW congrats on the purchase.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    hey brotha man, Just checkin in on my brotha build. Going awesome man. Love it as always. Also, love the pic with the lil dude Can sure tell he loves his and his dads hobby Happy New Year to you brotha. I havent been around much in last month, il send ya PM lettin ya know whats up, but il never be leaving the hobby thats for sure
    Thanks bro. Yeah I haven't been on much the past couple weeks. Been enjoying time with the family and the wifey has been setting forth the Honey Dooooo's. LOL Sending a Happy New Years your way to.

BTW. Sunday took the Slash to the Track in Katy Texas ( 90 minutes away ) and the bro in law and I bashed from 11am till 8pm. LOL burned many packs and only broke a couple parts. Was a blast man. Really haven't had much of a chance to do any other RC'n as the weather has been yucky lately too. Ugh!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I cut a piece of Lexan and bolted it to the chassis. I then mounted the ESC to that plate with velcro. Its held it in place very well. The MMP or ET-3S speed control will fit perfectly between the Rx box and the 2400 motor can. The Traxxas CVD's have held up really well.

I think you will like the CVD"s. They have held up to the ET-2400 motor so I'm a fan so far.

BTW congrats on the purchase.
    Thanks for the info! Happy New Year!

AB

Thanks for the info! Happy New Year!

AB
    No problem man. Let me know if you need a close up shot. I thought I had one but can't seem to find it.

Happy new New Year to ya to bud.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Im still sticking with the 3800/mmp/2s-3s. The video I posted was with a 2s and slides/drifts nice. Also gives decent speed. With this rce open chassis I cam run my 3s all day without heat and its sick. Just slips and slides on demand! Also gives some awesome speed but the tires hope around a bit from sand and crap in the wheels right now. 3s it giving me a huge margin more control and ability over the 2s. Liking it in the rally, its perfect for my set up. I doubt it would stay cool in the traxxas chassis on 3s though, id have to up it to the 2400.

That's kewl man. The highest temps i've seen with the 2400 after a couple 3S packs is 120. Last week I ordered the King Headz Motor Mount. That will beef up that area and it gives me a bigger bearing and should keep it a little bit cooler to.

I wonder how the 3800kv motor is running as in temps with a Rally. Should be slightly lower temps vs the stock 3500kv motor. Especially since the castle is 4-pole.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Well, I had dropped one in my stock sl4sh... I could run the struck at 15/54 to 50t and it would operate around 150 . 11-13/54 on 3s was pushing it so the only time I ran that combo in a stocker was for the races. Our track only allows 2s in that particular class. I run it in my RCE on 3s for modified 4x4 class and its a bit to snappy on the track if im not careful. I see this combo as the ideal combo for a 2s rally, strictly 2s if running all terrain on a 13-16/54ish bash and racer. I can see this being an absolute dream of a speed runner on 3s street ONLY in a traxxas chassis. It runs really fast when you find the trucks sweet spot. I had 15/54 on 3s with 17mm buggy wheel, squatted low with stiff losi ten-t shocks, flotek body as low as I could get it on the street last year.......screamin fast! Not a record beaker but faster than the majority of owners would be comfortable with.

RC Qualifier
    Digger, Can you tell me which is the signal and the ground wire on the CC MMP ESC? I got mine installed & just have to plug it in to the Rx. Thanks!

AB

NM, I got it working. One question though, When is the ESC fan supposed to come on? Sorry for all of the questions, but this is my first CC product!

AB
    Last edited by aburg2; 01-04-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Digger, Can you tell me which is the signal and the ground wire on the CC MMP ESC? I got mine installed & just have to plug it in to the Rx. Thanks!

AB

NM, I got it working. One question though, When is the ESC fan supposed to come on? Sorry for all of the questions, but this is my first CC product!

AB
    I believe when the controller hits 160*, then turns off around 140-150*. All depending on the vs of firmware. This is what I've read.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the reply! I finally got smart & read the manual. I did the throttle calibration & got it set up. It's pretty cool that the fan is thermostatically controlled. I went & ordered another combo for another truck. Nice product! Thanks again for the help!

AB

I bumped up the pinion but have yet to run it. All the honey-doo's and icky weather have kept me from putting it on the street. Its now geared 19/54. I so want to run it to. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: King Headz Mount Delivered & Installed

Yay!! Mr Postman felt like he had something important of mine and chunked it in the breadbox on his way by the casa. LOL I opened the package when I got home and scanned it over. Just as good a piece as the others. I really like the black anodize on it. About as good as they come. I'm impressed as always with their parts. 20 minutes later and the car was tore in 2 pieces, King Headz Motor Mount installed, then both halves back together.

Now to the pics. Like Pave said you can't really see much of the King's goodness, but you know its strength especially running a big block motor. Plus the oversized bearing in addition.

King Headz Aluminum Motor Mount pn.TRX7460

Nasty Center driveshaft/ diff bearing.

Ehhh!! Cleaned up a little bit.

New KH Motor Mount Installed:

Completely finished:

Now i'd like to see HR release their motor plate with heatsink as an upgrade. That would be totally awesome and cool the motor a handful of .

Thanks for looking. I totally recommend this upgrade if you can release a couple of 'Jacksons'. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Thanks bro. Yeah I haven't been on much the past couple weeks. Been enjoying time with the family and the wifey has been setting forth the Honey Dooooo's. LOL Sending a Happy New Years your way to.

BTW. Sunday took the Slash to the Track in Katy Texas ( 90 minutes away ) and the bro in law and I bashed from 11am till 8pm. LOL burned many packs and only broke a couple parts. Was a blast man. Really haven't had much of a chance to do any other RC'n as the weather has been yucky lately too. Ugh!!

Thats awesome bro. And happy new year to your my friend. May ur year be filled with joy, and RCS! We both know it will But Family is great man, me too basically.

Awesome updates, and nice King Headz LCG mount. Its one of those upgrades, that once done, look like a must... Dude I LOVE ur motor with ur Rally... Get the "Castle" 2400 motor, but blue. Its awesome.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Awesome updates, and nice King Headz LCG mount. Its one of those upgrades, that once done, look like a must... Dude I LOVE ur motor with ur Rally... Get the "Castle" 2400 motor, but blue. Its awesome.
    Thanks man! Sometime in the near future you should build one of these. I think this is one of the funnest right next to my Digger. Baldy & I stumbled upon this and the ET-3S from the FC. Can't beat the price for these from the chop shops off eBay. Kinda kewl being able to use something different.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Small order of Upgrade Parts

I placed a small order for some parts for my Pede's and went ahead and grabbed a few goodies for the Rally while I was there. I ordered direct from them this time around.

STRC Upgrades:
    ST6845GM STRC CNC Machined Aluminum Multi-Piece Steering Bellcrank set (Gun Metal)
    ST6830GM STRC CNC Machined Aluminum HD Rear Shock Tower (Gun Metal)
    ST6839GM STRC CNC Machined Aluminum HD Front Shock Tower (Gun Metal)

I was debating on the steering crank, decided to go with it anyways. I liked Stephan's towers, so......LOL Why not. Their gunmetal anodize is one of the best look'n colors from them IMO.

I also ordered some aluminum shock caps for the GTR's and Losi Ten-T's in my fleet. They supposedly fit the GTR's. I'll find out soon enough. They have a nice set screw for bleeding them.

I'm also going to order another Proline Focus body, either today or tomorrow. I have a special project that I think you guys might like.

Hey we do things to make it 'our' own right?!?!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    awesome build thread. thanks for all the details!

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon32 View Post
    awesome build thread. thanks for all the details!
    Thanks man!! My STRC parts came in yesterday, they are very clean. Also one set of the alloy shock caps came in earlier in the week. I'm off tomorrow so my plans are to slap them upgrades on.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: STRC Gunmetal Alloy F/R Shock Towers & Bellcrank Steering

Got my package of STRC goodies in the mail a few days ago. I finally made it to my work space last night and started on the install. All the parts impressive as always, gunmetal being my favorite anodize from them. The install of parts was a breeze just a tad time consuming with the handfuls of screws that mount the tower to the rest of the car. But hey it keeps it together well right.

<< ST6839GM >> (Front Tower) & << ST6830GM >> (Rear Tower )

<< ST6845GM >> Belcrank Steering

Thanks for look'n.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I emailed Robert @ Axis RC and got confirmation that the Axis Brace is out for delivery. He sent along the tracking number and I'll be getting it today. Plans are to install when I get home this evening. Pics and install shots will follow tomorrow. YAY!!!! I'm excited.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Installed Axis RC Chassis/ Body Brace

Hey guys the Axis RC package was delivered today. I was kinda worried when I might get this. I emailed them and Robert answered back and said it was out for delivery today. So......I GOT IT. Spent some quality time with the wife and kiddos, then after they fell asleep which was fairly early like 7:00, I went to the work table and took care of business.

When I got home I tore into the box and checked my order out. The Body Brace or should I say chassis brace looked really nice and worth every . My little guy always lets me know when I get a package in, he's probably 10x more excited then me. LOL He always asks what did you get daddy.

I took the Rally off the rack, and took the rear body mount off. Then scanned over the instructions. Fairly simple and straight forward. The brace is mounted up in the front and down in the back. Its done this way to allow for different heights in the F/R shock towers. Then you just mount the brace on the towers and install the urethane bushings 2 for the front and 2 more for the rear. I didn't use the supplied screws for the front because they were to long. I used what was on the back, then use 2 of the supplied washers and bolted it down. The back was a breeze and I used the screws that came with the kit and tightened them down to. I had to drop the body mount a notch to get the body back to its level position. They supply a piece of foam to slide onto the CF tube to support the top of the body if needed. I havent trimmed that yet. Maybe at a later time.

My impression of this piece if very good. I feel its worth the $39.99 that I paid for it. Aluminum brackets in the F & R and CF tube down the middle is just a clean looking piece. Very nice fit and finish. Before I did this install I put pressure on the chassis and it would flex. After I installed this brace there is no flex whatsoever. It works just like a box and I feel this will fix any chassis flex and break woes.

Hopefully this little writeup and pics will confirm a fix for anyone that has flexed and busted their chassis. On a side note I'm also running STRC F/R Towers. I've also added STRC bellcrank. I think all these pieces will work in conjunction with each other to beef up the weak areas.

Now to the pics.
    Axis RC Chassis/Body Brace:

Axis Rc Body Clips (wanted to try these out):

Chassis/Body Brace Installed:

Oh and btw the center brace works perfect for carrying the car around. LOL

Hope you guys like this and thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    nice brace, you know what else its good for.......foam to support the body from the inside like i did to mine lol.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-01-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    nice brace, you know what else its good for.......foam to support the body from the inside like i did to mine lol.
    Yep. It came with a piece. I need to trim it down for the body. That has to support the top of the body really well. Saweet!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore