Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by rc driver dude View Post
    Killer ralley! What wheels and tires are those? Also is the esc and motor from the traxxas funny cars?
    I picked the tires up from suprasales on eBay. Yep, the ESC & motor are from the FC.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I was off today so I charged up a couple of 3S packs and some 2S for the little guys MERV. We blasted around the yard and on the street. I slapped the stock body and tires back on to get some use from them. Its a riot to hear the stockers screetching on the pavement. LOL I had an issue with the TQi, long story short you need to close out all the apps including the link app once in a while if you have any issues.

Oh and another funny thing happened the little guy drove his MERV in the storm drain. I had to fish it out. Luckily it was bone dry and no critters in there. He was worried we wouldn't be able to get it.

Man it was a gorgeous day for RC to. Mid 70's and sunny skies.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Nice, glad you had fun. I have been waiting for a few days here to go out and do some driving. Nothing but pouring and cold rain. Wouldn't be bad if it was light rain and not so cold but man it's terrible lol.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Nice, sounds like you had fun! I have bad weather here too, man I hate rain!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

I bashed the mess out of the little car yesterday. 2- 3S packs worth. The little guy and I collided at about 30mph and the sucker went skidding on its lid for 30ft. Then about 20 minutes later I decided to wedge the car halfway into a storm drain. LOL After the run all that was messed up obviously road rash on the lid, body posts, and a little piece of foam on the front bumper. Sorry no pics to post up.

I got a few parts in the mail yesterday. The new Traxxas 6851R & 6852R Driveshafts. I also got my 2 sets of FLM 12mm to 17mm hex adapters. I had originally purchased these for my MIP's that I have. Guess i'll see how the traxxas hold up. They'll get used on one of my other rigs. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Nice purchase! I have confidence in these shafts! As I said before, " with a short course setup, they will last for ever". All I need is a set of axles f/r to put on one of my xo1 sets, then I'll be able to run the 12mm hexes. I still have Tekno but on this truck im diggin the alloy from my xo1 package..
    nice ride Digger, I like the paint, parts choices, and electronics. Lots if parts I would have chosen myself.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    First of all, you have a great looking chassis and body! I like the upgrades you went with.

I have a few questions for you:

-What is better about the motor and esc that you installed compared to the stock system?
    -Which Traxxas 17mm adapters are you using? I noticed there are 2 different sets. One set is splined and one set is short. Which do I need for the Rally?

RC Champion
    It is a rebranded castle 2400kv motor and a MMP with 3s limit. The esc is telemetry ready also. You don't need to use Traxxas adapter's, proline, AKA are a few good set's off the top of my head.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Quote Originally Posted by RobF353 View Post
    First of all, you have a great looking chassis and body! I like the upgrades you went with.

I have a few questions for you:

-What is better about the motor and esc that you installed compared to the stock system?
    -Which Traxxas 17mm adapters are you using? I noticed there are 2 different sets. One set is splined and one set is short. Which do I need for the Rally?
    The the CC rebranded for Traxxas combo from the Funny Car. Very good setup and you can pick them up cheap, well fairly cheaper than the MMP 2400kv brother. It's a lower kv and can be geared up higher and run cooler, plus it's 4-pole vs the 2-pole stock setup.

I'm using the Slash 4x4/ Pede 4x4 17mm adapters currently. I was working on installing MIP's for the rear but they are the new keyed axles and don't use a pin. I went ahead and ordered FLM 12mm to 17mm adapters. I just got these in yesterday and have yet to use them. I'm going to try out the new Traxxas CVD's that I listed a few posts up. I hope they hold up well. I like runnning 17mm when I can, It also opens up the doors to more wheel choices, especially for buggy.

I run many castle setups, this one seems perfect for the Rally IMO.

Hope this helps.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Thanks for the info.

Do you have a part number for that brushless system? Also, what speeds are you getting out of it?

Here they are on eBay.

ET-3S ESC & ET-2400 motor

You have to keep a clean lookout for these as they sell fast. I picked up a couple of the ESC's for < $50 and the Motor for around $100.

I'm geared mildly on 3S. Around the low 40's.

I just scanned for the 1415 2400kv castle motor. You can pick it up for a few bucks cheaper.

1415 2400kv Castle motor
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 11-20-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added info....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Dude that is SWEET !!!
    LET'S SEE WHAT BREAK'S TODAY

Quote Originally Posted by itsstock10 View Post
    Dude that is SWEET !!!
    Thanks bro! I really appreciate it. I see you posted your bodies. Good stuff man.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Seriously? Dude... Ur busting out these AMAZING builds like no ones business... This thing must drive like a MONSTER! Oooo yaaaa buuuuudddyyyy.. VERY nice Digg.. Looks fantastic! and NICE work on the buddy. I LOVE ur hardware,and love the all blue... Looks fantastic.... GREAT JOB!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Seriously? Dude... Ur busting out these AMAZING builds like no ones business... This thing must drive like a MONSTER! Oooo yaaaa buuuuudddyyyy.. VERY nice Digg.. Looks fantastic! and NICE work on the buddy. I LOVE ur hardware,and love the all blue... Looks fantastic.... GREAT JOB!
    Thanks LooT, greatly appreciated!!

I took the Rally out for a spin on Turkey Day and had a blast. I brought along the kiddos MERV and my Slash 2WD. My folks have 2 big driveways and they are connected together. My bro and I raced around them for 2 full packs blasting around each other. A few areas where the concrete was dusty I could whip around and drift like no body's business. We drove till we couldnt see the cars anymore. Good times and no broken parts. The tires are holding up pretty well so far. I have nearly 2 dozen packs through them and they have probably 50% tread left. It's so awesome to hear them squeel.

The only sad thing is this was the only day I had a chance to run RC's. Ughhh. Spend the other days putting up decorations and our yearly Christmas Tree Cutting. Decorated the tree and finished putting up the yard decorations yesterday. The little guy and I have plans for running this next weekend hopefully.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Traxxas Fr/ Rr Driveshafts 6851R & 6852R

Hey guys! I've had the Traxxas Fr/Rr Driveshafts 6851R & 6852R for over a week now or more I still havent had a chance to install them. I'm going to work half a day today and playing to bolt them up later this evening. Cross your fingers please! LOL I opened the Fronts up last night and scanned them over. They look really nice and I sure hope they hold up well. A few days before I got this package the mailman delivered the 12mm to 17mm FLM adapters. I got these for the MIP's that I purchased but I think i'm going to try the Traxxas ones out first.

Anyways here are the pics of the parts....

TRA6851R

6852R

12mm to 17mm FLM Adapters

BTW I did add clickable links to those parts if anyone is interested in them.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Ordered the Rear traxxas CVD'd last week. Still debating on the fronts. A few other goodies. Man your really pulling that Orange thing together. I guess if you had just bought GREEN you would of already been set. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Ordered the Rear traxxas CVD'd last week. Still debating on the fronts. A few other goodies. Man your really pulling that Orange thing together. I guess if you had just bought GREEN you would of already been set. LOL.
    LOL
    Orange is pulling so much power I need to buy more parts to keep all of it on tap. Seriously though Appreciate it. I'm hating these shorts days this go around. I havent messed with anything since last thursday. I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. I'm working 6-1/2 days this week and probably everyday for the next 2 weeks. Then i'm looking at taking the rest of the month of for Holiday and Vacation. Woohoo

If I get these installed tonight i'll be running the streets tomorrow for sure.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    If I didn't live oversea's I'd already be wrenching on my Green Machine! So good upgrade's on the way. Few surprise's and a few old favorite's, you know how it goes. Luckily for working on a military installation they can only work you 5 day's a week. Granted some of those day's are 12 hour's long. Thinking I'll have everything for upgrade's the 2nd week of December. Do you have any experience with LED's? I have plan's, need input.

Later.

P.S. when I get back stateside me and my Green Machine might have to calm that orange beast down some.

LOL.

Hey! Enjoy that time off man.

On LED's I just plug and go. I have purchased from RC Lighthouse and stuff from Traxxas. There really isnt much to getting a set of them going though. Not sure if that's helping you much.

That's sweet on the work schedule. I usually works 11's, so not to bad.

Just remember the green calm before the orange storm.

Thanks man. I'm super excited for sure.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Traxxas Fr/ Rr Driveshafts 6851R & 6852R Installed

I'm finally posting pics of the Fr & Rr Traxxas CVD's. Install was a breeze and I have faith that they are going to hold up well to. The build design looks tough. I'll have to put them through the paces in the coming weeks. I don't think i've seen anyone else post of them installed.

Fr TRA6851R

Rr TRA6852R

Can't wait to run them now.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Those look like nice pieces. I want to hear how smooth they run and what you have to say about them, dang this is an expensive hobby LOL......................thanks to you!

Yeah i'm as curious myself. I'm a big fan of Traxxas CVD's. The ones I run on my ERBE and EMBE are superb. Never had any issues with them. Mainly run 4S, 5S & 6S occasionally and they have held up to the abuse with those tanks. I know the design is different but i'm hoping they hold up as well.

I should be quiet for a while other than pics in action until something breaks. Yesterday I ordered the TBR Fr & Rr bumpers. Guess i'll see how those puppies work on there. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

The TBR Fr/Rr bumpers shipped yesterday, finally!! I wanted to get them to test and see if they save anything. I mostly keep this machine on the street or flat surfaces. Being its LCG it doesnt give you much any other option unless you are running dirt. Which I do that too. I also picked up a new stock front bumper, and Fr/Rr posts. I kinda roughened them up a couple weeks ago. Guess I was trying to see if the Rally could fit through into the sewer drain. haha

I still need to test out the Traxxas CVDs. Guess I'll have to see what the weather is like this next week. I might end up charging some Lipo packs. Hopefully the little guy and I do some night driving at the Sports Complex on the covered cement court.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Well after gathering some info in the Slash 4x4 part of the forum it seems like a guy has had a problem with the new CVDs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and head up high that they will/ are going to work well. Plans are to test them this week or during the weekend. I will run no less than 3S with them.

Finally the extended battery hold down has shipped. Hope to have it by the end of the week also.

BTW its a little nippy out for us southern guys 46 with 40mph gusts. LOL Not to cold for me, nearly perfect. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Are those shafts heavy? Are they all steel? I like that the outer portion is smaller and, I assume, lighter than the inboard section. Curious to hear how they work.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

They felt lighter than the MIP's, and close to Tekno's. I have a digital scale that I can weigh them on. I'm curious myself how they compare in the weight division. They look to be all steel, and all the info I have gathered they are. The smaller sliding shaft (outer) is gleaming nickel plated ( how they describe them ). What I like is how they use boots to keep the lube in and dirt out. Plus they are all BLACK!!

Man short days and working through the daylight hours 7 days a week is killer. I hate leaving yall and myself in suspense, fingers are crossed for this weekend. Wife is already making plans if i'm off.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I received the TBR Fr/ Rr bumpers. I took a look at them and i'm impressed at how they are. I will probably just install the front. At least see how well it protects. Also the battery hold down is expected to be delivered Thursday. Finally!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I really hope things work out 4 you on the axles. I said last year, I had a feeling the xo1 axles were what we were getting for the slash cvd's. Turns out, I was right. The only reason mine ever bent was from some hard abuse due to the oversized tires/wheels, 3s, and 100% offset. I replaced the bent part (lower internal splines) and haven't had any problems. I also run sc 2.2/3.0 or buggy wheels now too. This all made a major difference in my opinion. I also see a potential for bend if the diffs get sloppy. If the outdrives get a bit "shaky", the 2400 tends to really loosen up those those bearings....., then I can see a bend happening to the lower slider when extended from a jump or similar movement in the suspension . I've been running these axles forclose to a year, other than the 6mm axles and oversized bearings, slash cvd's are the same as xo1 cvd's. They look sweet, they run smooth but all out, I like Tekno for the ultimate bash truck. These cvd's from traxxas will still be fine for my race truck and RCE Rally
    Digger, trucks looking good! I've been waiting to see this bumper kit all set up .... I bet it looks sharp. Also looks like some great protection for the body. It'll take some strain off the mounts and other places it all transfers when the body hits the ground.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 12-12-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Thanks for passing the info on these. I remembered you using those and running acoss an issue. I also knew you were running bigger tires. I do feel confident these will hold up to the smallish tires that I will be running on it. I also run a set of Tekno's and MIP's ( old design ) and I have a set of rears ( new design ) if need them.

I'm really impressed with the TBR bumpers. I picked them up just like you said to protect the bottom front shell from scraping the ground. Just like the others i'm using. The one on my little boy's MERV has taken a whoopin and still rock'n stronge. I have the same confidence in this one to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Tall Battery Hold Down & TBR Fr/Rr Bumpers

I received the tall battery hold down early this week and the TBR Fr/Rr bumpers a couple days later. I came home yesterday and charged up a couple of 3s packs for running today after work. This got me in the mood to install those parts at the work table. No time at all to mount and hunker down any of these parts as they are direct bolt on. Yay. Well now my 3s pack will be secured in place. For some reason the TBR front bumper the sides of the bumper kinda hang low, not sure if anyone else that has installed did the same thing. Here are the pictures of the parts installed.

Tall Battery Hold Down- TRA7426X

Installed

3S Pack In Place. Oh I so wanted to take it out for a spin.

TBR Front Bumper (sorry for the blurry pic)

TBR Rear Bumper

Installed

I havent installed the TBR Rr bumper yet. Still debating if I will yet. LOL

Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Does the bumper lay flat off the car? I wonder if there is a bend in it? Your right it does not look right.

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Does the bumper lay flat off the car? I wonder if there is a bend in it? Your right it does not look right.
    It's the same on both sides, like it was molded that way on purpose maybe?! It can only be mounted one way because of how they drilled the holes to recess the fasteners. I just thought it would look better if it was flush with the body.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    ... I just thought it would look better if it was flush with the body.
    Agreed. I wonder if a heat gun would be your friend in this case.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Agreed. I wonder if a heat gun would be your friend in this case.
    I'm thinking I could do that to fix it. Thanks.

I also just remembered I raised the body a little bit to fit the aftermarker wheels/tires. I went back and looked at the picks from TBR and the body should actually sit closer to the bumper so then it wouldnt be so obvious as it looks on mine. I might drop the body a notch or two and see how it looks. If it still looks funky like that i'm going to put some heat and see if I can shape it a little better. √
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Uh oh! I found the new GTR Aluminum Shocks with TiNi shafts. I'm going to test these out and see how they perform. I also snagged Traxxas C-block & Fr/Rr carriers.

Shame shame......I know.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Well the little guy & I had a blast yesterday after work. I put the new Traxxas CVDs to the test with over an hours worth of 3s packs. I gunned it and powered around turns. So farI like them and am impressed.

I'm charging up some packs for a run later today. Yes!!!

Here are a couple of shots.

Thanks for looking.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Nice, glad to hear your first impression's were good. I hope that I can get it done this weekend. Did not realize this weekend would be so busy. Your boy look's so happy, that's awesome.

RC Champion
    Nice pics, your sons face says it all man

I have been waiting for people to give their comments and experiences with the TRX CVDs before I pick them up, I keep wanting to order them. Well atleast I got one day to run where it was half decent, and of course our regular weather is back, raining and really cold. Will be getting snow here anyday, in behind our house and along the water, the mountains have snow 2/3's of the way down, it's coming. God I hate snow.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Thanks guys. He's a special little guy. Our daughter lights up the room to. We were going to bash today, but the weather went south. Going to try again tomorrow.

So far the CVDs are doing great. I'll inspect them tomorrow evening if we run. I think I'm going to bump the pinion up a couple teeth.

Oh & after 2 3s packs the motor temp was 130*. Not bad at all, ambient temp was 75*.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore