Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I use Black Liquid Rit dye. I have mine stored in a pot and have used it a few times.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Just measured them with the digital gauge at 112mm tall.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Thank you sir.....

RC Qualifier
    I use Black Liquid Rit dye. I have mine stored in a pot and have used it a few times.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something different, like rattle can paint.

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwoo View Post
    make sure an use a pot your wife (or mom) won't kill you for ruining
    LOL!!! I will!!!

AB

This is what I will be installing tonight. My HR sway bar kit. Think i'm going with the blue anodized one. LOL

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    diggerpede got a few questions on your rally build what kind is your esc and motor ? is it traxxas and what model did it come from ? will the rpm arms and shock towers from a slsah 4x4 work ? and i have the mips for the rear of the slash 4x4 will thay work part #11109x duty its for a stampede 4x4.
    slayer slash revo 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by hemiboy81 View Post
    diggerpede got a few questions on your rally build what kind is your esc and motor ?
    The Motor & ESC are out of the Traxxas Funny Car. ET-3S & ET-2400, you can find them on ebay for a good price.

will the rpm arms and shock towers from a slsah 4x4 work ?
    Yes they will. I have yet to install my RPM A-arms.

and i have the mips for the rear of the slash 4x4 will thay work part #11109x duty its for a stampede 4x4.
    11109x Stampede 4x4 ( 3.0" short )

10130 Slaxh 4x4 ( 2.80" short )

That is the only difference I can tell. I see no reason why they wouldnt work.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    thanks diggerpede did some research here in the threads found your post in the funny car forums abut esc and motor will look on ebay ive got a brand new pede 4x4 in the boxs trying to sell to get me a rally more my type of rc
    slayer slash revo 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    This will not make a diffedance on mip for p4de on sl4sh but would make a difference if you put sl4sh MIP's on a p4de........ the slash ballpoint at the outdrives end are a touch bigger around. Remember the problem last year? The MIP's were rubbing the rod ends, up front for the most part? The p4de MIP's are made with a slight difference in dimension to prevent that rub we all had before p4 specific shafts were released. Can they go backkl and forth? Yes, either truck! If I was to get a set, it would be the p4de set for a touch more length. A bit more bite in the splines IS a comfort to me and a bit smaller u joint clearance.... take a close look at both spec sheets.. that's how I discovered the difference between the 2. I imagine the measurements are still there to see and verify my explanation.
    Hemiboy81, been awhile since I've read a post from ya! Cool, your in too. This car is bringing a whole new crew together! Aaalright
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Update: Hot Racing Sway Bars Installed & ......

Hola!

Sorry guys I havent posted an update in a few days. There's been a lot going on around the house. Excuses excuses excuses I know.....looks like the Rally area has been slow the last couple of days.

Anyways the mailman delivered a couple of packages this week full of goodies. Last night I installed the Hot Racing sway bars, blue anodized of course. Everything went well and looks good. Even though everything is not the color choice I wanted. It'll work. All jokes aside for the color. Everything just happens to be that color right now. I really like how the Hot Racing ones look though. They are chunky, beefy, and look great.

Next up I was going to start cleaning the grubs for the rear MIP's and noticed, well ummm forgot that they are keyed and pinless. My Traxxas 17mm adapters wont work. They use their own hexes that hunker down on the stub axle. Well that got put to the side until I decide when and what I'm going to do. I will have to pick up the MIP 17mm adapters down the road. Plus I will probably grab the MIP fronts to. Arent there 12mm to 17mm adapters? I can't find the FLM ones anywhere. I thought aka had some. Am I not doing something right? LOL If someone knows of some and let me know I'd apreciate it. I don't want any offset either. I want to keep the wheels inside the wells. No real biggie at the moment. I ran my P4de for a whole year and didnt twist the stockers and that's with Trenchers. Hopefull i'll be lucky with this one to.

I have a few other things coming my direction this week to. I have an idea for my center drive shaft if it will work and look great. I also went with what many others are doing right off the bat to, that'll be a big surprise. LOL Ummm.....guess that's about it.

I'll post pics of this install soon. I was working on a couple projects last night and forgot to snap up some pics.

Thanks for reading!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Here are the pics of the Hot Racing Sway bars. Everything went smoothly. Wish some of this stuff was offered in orange. In the pics they kinda look purple or maybe a royal blue. LOL

Fr Sway Bars

Rr Sway Bars

My plans are to get off early today and take the rest of the week off. The little guy was asking me at 4:30 this morning if we are going to go drive cars after I get off work. Hopefully I can have everything all charged up when he gets out of Pre-k.

Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    DiggerPede, I finally got my roller in & stripped it down. I picked up the Rit dye, I plan on using an aluminum baking pan to dip
    the chassis in. Question is, how much do I use? I have an 8oz bottle. Any special instructions? Thanks!

AB

Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    DiggerPede, I finally got my roller in & stripped it down. I picked up the Rit dye, I plan on using an aluminum baking pan to dip
    the chassis in. Question is, how much do I use? I have an 8oz bottle. Any special instructions? Thanks!

AB
    I start out with a couple oz's of dye and go from there. You need to bring the dye water to a boil ( be sure to use one approved by the wife or mom), keep it right at a boil. I use a small aluminum bread pan at the end of the chassis when I put it in the pot. Fold it around the end so that the heat at the bottom doesn't hurt the plastic. Leave the chassis in the dye until your desired darkness. You might have to add more dye depending on the size of the pot. Afterwards take it out, don't let the dye water from the chassis drip on anything. Take it to the sink and rinse it off. Much easier to do all this outside. LOL

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    thats one bad rally

RC Qualifier
    I start out with a couple oz's of dye and go from there. You need to bring the dye water to a boil ( be sure to use one approved by the wife or mom), keep it right at a boil. I use a small aluminum bread pan at the end of the chassis when I put it in the pot. Fold it around the end so that the heat at the bottom doesn't hurt the plastic. Leave the chassis in the dye until your desired darkness. You might have to add more dye depending on the size of the pot. Afterwards take it out, don't let the dye water from the chassis drip on anything. Take it to the sink and rinse it off. Much easier to do all this outside. LOL

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

AB

Here we go. I decided to wrap my center driveshaft with orange heat shrink. I used 1/2 ID 2 to 1 shrink tubing. I wish it was a little darker. It looks better in person. I think three camera flash goofed the color in the pics.

Thanks for looking.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Liking the contrast of the driveshaft to the chassis.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Looks good. For complete color coordination you need some shock covers, a Savox servo, a LRP X12L sensored motor (gunmetal) or a motor system from Team Orange (Novak) and what are we gonna do with that motor plate?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    Liking the contrast of the driveshaft to the chassis.
    Thank ya thank ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Looks good. For complete color coordination you need some shock covers, a Savox servo, a LRP X12L sensored motor (gunmetal) or a motor system from Team Orange (Novak) and what are we gonna do with that motor plate?
    Oh shoot! I'm going to have to take out a loan against the house. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Proline Ford Focus ST body....In the works...

Well, well, well.........I'm working on a Ford Focus body also. I wanted to paint something up and give it my touch. It was easy to trim up, then I got everything lined up and reemed the body mount holes. After that I cleaned the body up and scoured the inside for paint. I did this Saturday, then yesterday I layed a couple of layers of paint. I should finish it up tonight, then post the pics for show tomorrow. I hope you guys like how it comes out.

Anyways here are the pics of the body all trimmed up, flames and some body mask.

Thanks for looking.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Nice can't wait to see it man, is there any ORANGE in it lol That's the same mask I have as well as a few others. I have tons of paint here and I have to hold back from painting my body, it's hard I want to paint it and mount it up, still waiting on the colors I ordered

Post up pics tonight when it's done I want to see Nice orange shaft hehe, wonder if it's the same tubing that I ordered a few weeks ago, " furryletters " from Ebay? I'm going to do some if my wiring with it I think.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    Digger,

Thanks for the tips on the dye process, It came out killer!!!

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...LCG-Conversion

I can't wait to see what it looks like all together!

AB

Thanks guys. I had a job Safety Refresher yesterday and afterwards had a massive headache/ migraine. Arhhh I finished painting it up, and did what I could. All I have left are a few touches. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Wink Update: Proline Ford Focus ST body....Painted...

I finally have my Focus shell all painted up. I'll let the pics tell the story. Hope you like it.

.....TBC.....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

.....CONTINUED.....

I'll have to get some shots of it in the sun. Short days don't give you much time to do that during the week.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Man this looks super cool now !!
    Love your paint job And your r/c

RC poster
    That looks incredible! Fantastic work! Everything works so well together.

Steve

RC Qualifier
    That looks really good digger. Is your driveshaft orange?

Sent from Oser world

Thanks guys. I really like how it turned out. I spent quite a bit of time with the different colors and CF pin striping.

@ dirty don. Yep sure is. I wrapped it with orange heat shrink.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Very nice, looks awesome man. Good job. What black is it that you used? And the CF look?
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    Very nice, looks awesome man. Good job. What black is it that you used? And the CF look?
    Thanks. I used Tamya gunmetal as the base color. The CF is from AMR RC Racing. I cut the sheet into strips with a cutting board.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    well I bet you slowed that thing down about 10 MPH with those wheels and body....but hey, when you're going for looks, I guess it doesnt matter! LOL!

Nice work buddy! I like what you have going on there!

See what I did here? Maybe next time you can just leave it like that without the controversial comment.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-14-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    well I bet you slowed that thing down about 10 MPH with those wheels and body....but hey, when you're going for looks, I guess it doesnt matter! LOL!
    Why's that? I don't understand.

Appreciate the good comment though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Looks tough! Maybe this new 'color' needs a new speed rating? LOL

Nice detailing and at least you have personalized yours! I hope the companies start offering some more bodies to paint and use for this chassis that are 'Rally' themed bodies.

Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    Looks tough! Maybe this new 'color' needs a new speed rating? LOL

Nice detailing and at least you have personalized yours! I hope the companies start offering some more bodies to paint and use for this chassis that are 'Rally' themed bodies.

Nice one!
    Zooom zooom!! LOL

I took my time with it and it all came together really well. Curious to see how it looks in the sun. I'm getting fond of painting bodies now. LOL Believe I have a coule more to paint up, a bug for my ERBE and truck for the EMBE. Oh and one for my little guys MERV.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    All I was trying to say was ORANGE is the fastest and you took it off the car, so now its not as fast.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-16-2012 at 05:19 PM.

I have a spare outerwears shroud for the Slash 4x4 that i'm going to test fit on my Rally Chassis. I made a mistake and purchased a bright blue shroud. I just got a brilliant idea and am going to try and dye it black. What do you guys think?

I think black would look way better than the blue that would be showing throught my clear windows on my Focus body.

♪♪♪ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪♪♪
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Update: Outerwears Shroud Mounted Up.

I was a day late in getting the Outerwears Shroud mounted up and installed on the Rally chassis. This thing actually fits it nicely. It'll work good enough to keep rocks and loose debris off the chassis pan. I have yet to dye it.....i'm sure that'll happen soon enough. LOL

Here are the pics. Hope you like it.

This is where I slapped the Velcro™ on the chassis.

Hope this helps anyone who was thinking about picking one up to mount on their chassis.

Thanks for looking. ♂
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Thanks for those pics digger. I'm glad my outerwears purchase was not in vain. Looks great. Don't worry about the blue unless your scared of going way faster and breaking more parts.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Killer ralley! What wheels and tires are those? Also is the esc and motor from the traxxas funny cars?