Thread: new bearings

RC Qualifier

new bearings

Thought I'd give my stock bearings the rest they need after running them for 6 months without any maintenance. They are still functional but I think getting new ones would be better. So my question is what is the size bearing I need? I just want to replace the bearings in the wheels. I am looking at getting avid bearing but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyX3s View Post
    Thought I'd give my stock bearings the rest they need after running them for 6 months without any maintenance. They are still functional but I think getting new ones would be better. So my question is what is the size bearing I need? I just want to replace the bearings in the wheels. I am looking at getting avid bearing but any recommendations would be appreciated.
    If you look in the exploded view they will show you what sizes you need. Yes, the Avid bearings are great, no complaints from me, and I have over 75+ Avid bearings.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I'm also considering of replacing all my bearings with either Boca or Avid.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    I have a set of boca bearings in one truck and a set of avid's in my sons truck and to be honest you I can't tell the differance...apart from the cost difference......but I only bash and trash them.....so I would go with avid as they are cheaper...

RC Qualifier
    1+ for AVID. If you go on their website and pick your car they list what size you need for every part. I just bought a whole kit and for $1 each you can't beat it.

I buy whatever the LHS has in stock as long as they are cheap!
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I buy whatever the LHS has in stock as long as they are cheap!
    I never thought about going to my LHS and see what they have to offer lol
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

The owner knows me pretty well by now and will take orders by phone without me having to pay cash up front. And the truck comes in every Thursday. He can get anything in the Tower catalogue for 10% off.

RC Qualifier
    Avid here. Can't beat a dollar a bearing and you can get complete kits for most models.

RC Champion
    I bought a set of Acer Ceramic bearings, as I intended to replace all the bearings. As it worked out, I'm just replacing them as needed, and it seems the most common ones that require replacing is the axle bearings. So I just bought a bunch of these from my LHS (low cost) and replace as required.

I did use the ceramics in the Motor Mount as I bought singlar oversize ones for the 3 simular chassis.

The rest of those expensive ceramic bearings are just sitting in my parts bin for future use

On my 2wd trucks I put new bearings in the transmission and move them out to the wheels. But all those bearings are the same size.