RC Qualifier

Polished motor mount?

I have a few days to kill while my parts come in the mail, so has anyone ever polished their motor mount? That is pretty much the only thing that hasn't been touched on my car. I know i don't want to paint it because it is a heat sink, and the paint would not be a good conductor of heat, and I don't need an over-heated motor right now. I just don't like the dull look of the aluminum it has acquired over the months of bashing and heat, so does anyone have any objection as to why this wouldn't be a good idea? I don;t see anything wrong with it, but is there anything that I am overlooking?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

I don't see why not...it is probably cheaper off the production line with the matt finish than polishing it up. Being polished thou will probably show scratches and scuff marks easier. That's all that comes to mind.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I don't see why not...it is probably cheaper off the production line with the matt finish than polishing it up. Being polished thou will probably show scratches and scuff marks easier. That's all that comes to mind.
    Awesome, thanks. I'll go pick up some polish tomorrow and start working on it. I'll post some before and after pictures when it's done.

RC Champion
    I did mine years ago, get your sandpaper ready. It takes awhile to sand the casting seam off of those fins but it's worth it. I can't find a good pic of it in my bucket. Good luck!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-27-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    I did mine years ago, get your sandpaper ready. It takes awhile to sand the casting seam off of those fins but it's worth it. I can't find a good pic of it in my bucket. Good luck!
    I like that colour mate...looks good. Is that the copper head??
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-27-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    Someone read that! Lol Yeah that's it. Thanks

It came out pretty good ...RIT dye is amazing stuff!!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    my internet is not agreeing with me tonight, so I will upload the pictures tomorrow. It came out really well, and it wasn't that hard. I knew I did not want to have a complete mirror finish, so i only used 400 grit sand paper, and took about 20 minutes to polish the whole thing with Mother's mag and aluminum with and old rag. I you do this, use a rag that you don't care about and some pants that you don't care about either, it doesn't come off easily from clothing.