RC poster

Mustang 302 help

Hey all, looking at the boss to be my first rc, because i am definitely a mustang guy, but its a street car. Could you run it over gravel or like a grass field without it being too hard on the car, or what mods can i try so i can run it there?

RC Qualifier
    The Mustang isn't going to do much off road. Any amount of grass is going to get it stuck. You might do a little gravel running, but it will get pretty beat up and won't do very good. If you raise the suspension, put different tires on and remove the body, you might get by with it.

I would say if you're looking at any off road running in the 1/16th scale you should get a Slash or MERV.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

It sits pretty low so grass any longer than a putting green, for example, will cause some issues. You may want to get a second set of shocks and remove the limiter inside them to raise the vehicle. You may want to either trim the body or get something else as the body will catch on the smaller stuff. It is a fun car though. I bought the parts to convert it to a Slash (which is what it is set up as now) and I may go back to the Mustang.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thank you all! Now i have to keep thinking about what i want.

RC Competitor
    The 1/16 Slash get stuck in medium to taller grass.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Christofu2266 View Post
    Hey all, looking at the boss to be my first rc, because i am definitely a mustang guy, but its a street car. Could you run it over gravel or like a grass field without it being too hard on the car, or what mods can i try so i can run it there?
    Hi Chris,
    I drive a full size Mustang GT Ragtop, but if you're wanting to drive on gravel and grass, you ought to consider the Stampede VXL 4X4. It's a brutal machine and doesn't get stuck and slip easily like the 2wd Stampede I have when I take it off the road. I once hit a tree with the 4x4 and it went 3-4 ft. up the trunk before losing traction and falling off! I used to have an on road machine (different brand) but sold it because I don't want to limit myself to smooth parking lots.

RC poster
    The 4x4 VXL was actually the one i was looking at, thank you