RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

A couple aftermarket observations

Ive been thinking about different bodies and wheels that might fit the Rally. After some checking ive discovered that the Proline Focus ST body for the Slash has nearly perfect dimensions. Im going to order one to see how it fits.

Also, the Protoform PF8 GT body appears to have excellent dimensions as well. Which means pretty much any body meant for that car should fit as well (there is a Mclaren body that comes stock on the Ofna Ultra GTP2E)

It looks like 1/8 GT car tires/wheels will fit and are only about .2 inches smaller than the factory rally tires. If you used some .17mm adapters (possibly some + offset would be necessary) they should work great for harder onroad driving.

Just thought this was interesting.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    New bodies sound fun! Something different to paint

Did you see the new JConcepts Scalpel body that just came out........I'm thinking that to be a cool body for ashpalt and speed!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!

cool carpet body
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    ^^ With that body right there it should stick to the ground like glue. Way nice look'n low profile.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I do like that body alot... but for me its just not the right look for this car. I bought this thing to be a rally car so im going to stick with hatchback style bodies. However, seeing that scalpel body makes me want to build a project just to use it on. It looks sick.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Great info.

Wheels and tyres are the only thing I don't really like the look of on the rally. If you look at a WRC wheel and tyre, the proportions are quite different to the Rally. Rally's tread blocks are a bit chunky, and the 2.2 sidewall is a bit tall.

Won't stop me buying one though
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Ive been thinking about different bodies and wheels that might fit the Rally. After some checking ive discovered that the Proline Focus ST body for the Slash has nearly perfect dimensions. Im going to order one to see how it fits.

Also, the Protoform PF8 GT body appears to have excellent dimensions as well. Which means pretty much any body meant for that car should fit as well (there is a Mclaren body that comes stock on the Ofna Ultra GTP2E)

It looks like 1/8 GT car tires/wheels will fit and are only about .2 inches smaller than the factory rally tires. If you used some .17mm adapters (possibly some + offset would be necessary) they should work great for harder onroad driving.

Just thought this was interesting.
    Do you think that the stock body mounts for the rally will work on the ProLine Focus body? Because if I remember correctly, the Focus needs ProLine extended body mountsd to fit properly.
    Land of the free?

They are both hatch back style bodies... I cant imagine the stock body posts couldnt be adjusted to fit just like the focus body fits on the 1/16 rally with no mods.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I was doing some more looking around and have found the following.

Stock 1/10 rally tires are 102mm in diameter
    Most 1/8 buggy tires are 110mm in diameter
    Most 1/8 GT Car tires are 96mm in diameter.

I was hoping that a set of GT wheels/tires (something from sweep racing would be my first choice) would fit and be close to stock size. But it appears the rally has a very unique tire size. The buggy tires are nearly identical in diameter to a standard SC tire so I think theyre the best choice. they are slightly bigger than the stock rally tires... but I think for this application, bigger would be more desireable than smaller. Im not crazy about how the proline onroad SC tires look on this car but I think that has more to do with the sidewall than teh actual diameter of the tire. A buggy tire, while larger than stock and similar is size to the SC tires, would have almost no sidewall... I think that would look pretty good. Im going to look around for a buggy tire with a decent tread.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ