Thread: Got rally?

RC Competitor

Got rally?

Got mine today.

My cc MMP & 2400kv and new 3s will be here tomorrow.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Its going to be a long 2 weeks. Mine showed up at the hotel today.... too bad the hotel is in Novi Michigan and im in Ontario Canada. Ha
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Its going to be a long 2 weeks. Mine showed up at the hotel today.... too bad the hotel is in Novi Michigan and im in Ontario Canada. Ha
    What was that address again? I look like I could be a "pav"...
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

At least you purchased yours already, im holding out for the LHS to get them, and it is still not even listed on any of the LHS websites.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    At least you know where yours is, I'm from Australia and USPS havnt updated the tracker for 3 days.

RC Competitor
    Phase 1 complete

The PL shocks rubbed on the front camber link,so I shimmed the top and bottom with two washers.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Definitely a big to the black wheels... thats exactly what the blue/white (also known as "the best", "The champ", rally king", "one slick ride", white and blue lighting" and my personal favourite "I pity the fool who doesnt have blue and white") car needed. Ill be getting black wheels as soon as the stock rally tires come available.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    @R77Jones: looks great!!

How did you do that: you received the car yersterday, you (almost) disasembled everything, you dyed the chassis black and reasembled it- all in one afternoon or like in 12hrs??? Not bad

How did you dye it excatly?
    Last edited by lcaa; 10-24-2012 at 12:47 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I got mine yesterday. Mine was dirty just a few minute after taking it out the box. Here is the result after the first battery.

RC Competitor
    Phase 2 complete.

Now for some FUN!!

RC Competitor
    Definitely a big to the black wheels... thats exactly what the blue/white (also known as "the best", "The champ", rally king", "one slick ride", white and blue lighting" and my personal favourite "I pity the fool who doesnt have blue and white") car needed. Ill be getting black wheels as soon as the stock rally tires come available.
    Thanks pavmentsurfer.I wish the body was black with blue like the orange and green.As soon as the clear or aftermarket comes out I will paint my own .

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaa View Post
    @R77Jones: looks great!!

How did you do that: you received the car yersterday, you (almost) disasembled everything, you dyed the chassis black and reasembled it- all in one afternoon or like in 12hrs??? Not bad

How did you dye it excatly?
    Thanks Icaa. I dyed it with Rit dye.I just boiled water.Then I pured it in a disposable pan from the dollar store.Then mixed in Rit dye.Then put the chassis in the dye for 20 minutes.Take out and rinse and dry.Very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by R77Jones View Post
    Thanks pavmentsurfer.I wish the body was black with blue like the orange and green.As soon as the clear or aftermarket comes out I will paint my own .
    The Proline Focus ST for the Slash 4x4 "should" be a direct drop on for this Rally.
    Only thing i could think that might be in the way is the bumper foam, may have to be trimmed. maybe not.
    Im sure someone will put one of these on before too long if it hasnt been done already.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow, are you laying that on thick? Awesome!!!!

It is going to be sooo much fun when my superior, faster and tougher ORANGE VXL-powered Rally puts the smack down on your black & blue bug. I may need to make a trip north before the snow flies just for the fun of it. Hmm ...... yeah, that sounds good. Did the grass ever die on that off-road RC track?
    Last edited by Jakey; 10-24-2012 at 02:49 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Phase 2 complete.

Now for some FUN!!
    Great looking Rally!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Black chassis looks saweeet! Looks like Outerwears need to come up with something fast
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

RC Qualifier
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC Competitor
    Got my MIPs installed.

Now just waiting for the Center Differential.

RC Racer
    When I first looked at these cars I noticed that it was mamba monster compatible. I assumed that this would handle the same motor and esc as the XO-1 with two batteries of course. I see that you put a different motor and esc in your rally. Is that stuff the biggest you can go ?? I just about bought one because I have a spare esc and motor laying here out of an XO-1. Now I'm kinda waiting to see if I can even do this.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    When I first looked at these cars I noticed that it was mamba monster compatible. I assumed that this would handle the same motor and esc as the XO-1 with two batteries of course. I see that you put a different motor and esc in your rally. Is that stuff the biggest you can go ?? I just about bought one because I have a spare esc and motor laying here out of an XO-1. Now I'm kinda waiting to see if I can even do this.
    It is mamba monster compatible meaning it will fit,but you will have to move your receiver box to the front to make room for the ESC.If you are just wanting to go fast stick with the XO-1,because it has a longer chassis,batteries are more balanced in the chassis,and you have more down force at high speed.If you put it in a rally it's going to be battery heavy on one side.The CC 1415 2400kv and MMP is more then enough motor for this car.If you go with bigger motor then stock your going to need to upgrade the driveshafts.I'm not saying don't put a Mamba Monster in it;I just think you would be happier with a smaller motor.You could sale the MM&ESC and get the Mamba Max Pro SCT Edition and the MIP cvds and you'll be good to go.

RC Champion
    @ Badbrad....
    ......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! NICE BRO!! I laughted for about 5 minutes when I saw your post! Thanks, I needed that

the inner child will not be shut down!!!

"Red"

RC Racer
    It is mamba monster compatible meaning it will fit,but you will have to move your receiver box to the front to make room for the ESC.If you are just wanting to go fast stick with the XO-1,because it has a longer chassis,batteries are more balanced in the chassis,and you have more down force at high speed.If you put it in a rally it's going to be battery heavy on one side.The CC 1415 2400kv and MMP is more then enough motor for this car.If you go with bigger motor then stock your going to need to upgrade the driveshafts.I'm not saying don't put a Mamba Monster in it;I just think you would be happier with a smaller motor.You could sale the MM&ESC and get the Mamba Max Pro SCT Edition and the MIP cvds and you'll be good to go.
    But is there room for the second battery ??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    But is there room for the second battery ??
    If you got straps I guess it would work.

The tray is about 1/8 of a inch to narrow for two Traxxas batteries on there sides.

You could look into one 6s LiPo that might fit.

RC Racer
    Thanks !!! I just might get a rally. I think that 6s might be fun !!

RC Qualifier
    Any running video yet?
    You guys that are upgrading right away did you even drive it stock with 2/3s to see how it ran? Just curious.