Thread: My E-Jato VXL3s

RC Qualifier

My E-Jato VXL3s

I have had the Jato 3.3 since 08 and it was a gift and also my first hobby grade rc. So i never want to get rid of it but i hate driveing it because it was nitro. So I wanted to convert it to electric with out spending any $. So what i did was i took the whole rear end off, The tranny, Battery box, A-armes everything. It's not a true conversion but i did not wantt o put the $ into it. I had a whole bunch of Stampede 2wd parts on hand so i slaped a Pede rear end together and set it on my Jatos chassis and it looks just like it did when it was Nitro. I will post pics soon, I still need a dremel because i need to trim the mid plastic frame so i can fit a bettery in there and i need to make 4 new tranny screw holes. But other then that it's done, It's kinda a Hybrid now but i wanted to make my Jato 3.3 to an E-Jato with out buying new parts so i am veary happy with the way it cam out. I just hope it all holds together and is still veary strong.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 10-22-2012 at 09:43 AM.

RC Champion
    Sounds awesome....but,...driving nitro isn't fun???
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    It's allready been done. A member on here bswift has done that a year or two ago and it works great. It's a great little conversion. He has it going I think 112 mph. You can find that on U Tube
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    I have had the Jato 3.3 since 08 and it was a gift and also my first hobby grade rc. So i never want to get rid of it but i hate driveing it because it was nitro. So I wanted to convert it to electric with out spending any $. So what i did was i took the whole rear end off, The tranny, Battery box, A-armes everything. It's not a true conversion but i did not wantt o put the $ into it. I had a whole bunch of Stampede 2wd parts on hand so i slaped a Pede rear end together and set it on my Jatos chassis and it looks just like it did when it was Nitro. I will post pics soon, I still need a dremel because i need to trim the mid plastic frame so i can fit a bettery in there and i need to make 4 new tranny screw holes. But other then that it's done, It's kinda a Hybrid now but i wanted to make my Jato 3.3 to an E-Jato with out buying new parts so i am veary happy with the way it cam out. I just hope it all holds together and is still veary strong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Sounds awesome....but,...driving nitro isn't fun???
    Nitro is cool, I just dont like the sound when i want to drive my rc's down my trreet and i dont like all the oil.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer17 View Post
    It's allready been done. A member on here bswift has done that a year or two ago and it works great. It's a great little conversion. He has it going I think 112 mph. You can find that on U Tube
    Oh, I had no idea. I thought everybody was buying motor mounts or something. It sure is cool inexpencive conversion though.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    Oh, I had no idea. I thought everybody was buying motor mounts or something. It sure is cool inexpencive conversion though.
    if you have already spent the money on a stampede and have a spare rear half sitting around, rather than drill new holes in the rear portion of the chassis which already is swiss cheese like with holes anyway, why not fashion a piece of metal that could mount the new tranny too and then mount that using the existing tranny mounting holes?

RC Racer
    I would totally just get the brushless engine and electric conversion kit for jato to use all the remaining suspension parts because I like them better. Plus is the stampede two speed? I couldn't imagine running without the scream of the nitro engine, foooy on the neighbors, noise ordinance doesn't kick in until 11pm and I am armed lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I converted mine into brushless, the only part I had to purchase was a motor plate/mount for less than $10.00 bucks, it came out pretty good, nice speed, and everything.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
    I would totally just get the brushless engine and electric conversion kit for jato to use all the remaining suspension parts because I like them better. Plus is the stampede two speed? I couldn't imagine running without the scream of the nitro engine, foooy on the neighbors, noise ordinance doesn't kick in until 11pm and I am armed lol.
    There is no electric conversion for the jato, you modified to mount the motor, Esc, and battery. Most electrics run on a single speed. I converted mine, and you need to lock the tranny on a single speed to run properly.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post

I agree man
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    There is no electric conversion for the jato, you modified to mount the motor, Esc, and battery. Most electrics run on a single speed. I converted mine, and you need to lock the tranny on a single speed to run properly.
    sure there is, look it up, I wouldn't mislead you, there is definitely an electric conversion kit for the Jato.

RC Qualifier
    I dont have the tools and supply to make a metal plate or anything. I would like to use the stock tranny i know how to lock it. I just dont want to put ANY money into it. I think it will be way cooler to have done it with out buying anything. And i know there is a conversion mount on ebay, But thats $80, So no way to that crap.

RC Racer
    any pics of this thing. really has me interested. cause i plan on converting mine to brushless. but i might just get theemaxx motor plate and mount it on there. but with mine its gonna be a road runner only. i might make it to full aluminum and run it on the road. and yes aluminum ist good and i have nearly 3/4 of the parts to do it over 4 years of collecting. i just needed to figure out how to mount a servo once i start cutting up th parts to fit everything. plus mounting a battery holder. i am gonna run a mamba monster in it. but i might have to mount another battery holder and run 2 2s batts or run a single 4s lipo.

RC Qualifier
    No pics, It's not worth it for mine. I used only parts i had on hand and it's more or less a rustler now just with a jato chassis. Mine would probably fall apart on 4S. lol I have a E-Revo i dont run my jato much anymore so i am not going crazy over the conversion. I am doing it to just have fun. I'll try it on 2s but i'm not expecting much. If it handles what i though at it soon then i'll post pics.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 10-25-2012 at 10:28 PM.