RC poster

rollover prevention

I've searched and searhed, but no thread really describes much about tuning out the rollover on my slayer pro. it has sway bars and a center diff with 30000k oil. Shocks are still stock, both springs and oil weight. I have the front stiffer than the rear because over steer was terrrible, even after the sway bars and center diff. What should I change so it doesn't flip all the time, and still has a little push instead of oversteer.

David

RC Qualifier
    check out some hub extensions. Integy has some, I run the 12mm offset ones and should help out alot.

RC poster
    I already went to some wider tires. I think those are Pro-line dirt hogs. I was hoping for a little more chassis tuning info

RC Qualifier
    stiffer springs and some heavier oil will help out too. try to stay away from having to much preload on your springs. I run blue and silver springs on mine with some 45wt oil, and I have to try and roll mine over even when I'm running my aggresive tread tires. But the Hub extensions help out a lot. Only thing with those you have to get some 17mm hex rims.

RC Competitor
    with the 45 wt oil, do you find that it is a bit excessive for off road? I was running 50 wt in my Jato, and had to go down because the asphalt was not smooth enough. The slayer is much more of an off road vehicle, it seems the 30 wt is good, however the springs need to be stiffer to keep from having a higher preload on the spring.

Stronger springs, a thicker shock oil weight, and will all help prevent flipping the Slayer.... But, 45wt sounds just a tad too thick. I like 30wt. shock oil, because it's just thick enough to prevent bottoming out, and thin enough to still do well on small bumps/jumps. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I drilled out some piston disk with alittle bigger holes and added a extra one to the mix and I'm more than happy with the set up. This past week did alot of running at a construction site and it handled awesome. I'll have post some pics when i tear them down, wanted to test them out first.

RC Competitor
    ok, so how does changing the rate of flow differ from changing the fluid density? I would think it has a slightly different effect, with close to the same end result?
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

RC Champion
    Yes kinda, It's about laminar flow through the holes to tune the "pack" of the shock.

RC Competitor
    right, I think I understand how it would work on paper...how does it change handling? absorbs heavier impacts, but by moving the shock less?

-got my answer on another thread
    Last edited by madjoker911; 10-23-2012 at 01:31 PM.

RC poster
    thx guys!! I'll stiffen it up some more and see what happens. I did figure out today that my driving style needs to change a little to spend more time on throttle, even just a little throttle.

RC Competitor
    http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
    I started reading this, and there is more than a wealth of information there to get you going. double g posted it for me on a different thread, but it applies to this topic.

RC poster
    That link need to be stickied somewhere on this site