RC Qualifier

Sway Bar Kit for 1/16 Rally/Slash/Mustang

Does anyone have the aftermarket Sway Bar Kit installed on their cars? Are there any pics showing detail available. How well does the kit work? Is it best for on or off road? Thanks in advance!
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Competitor
    There are some here, you can search around for them, I can't remember which ones have them. I think they're by HOT Racing. It would be best for on road normally since you want a lot of articulation for offroad--but depends on what you're doing. I could see a short course truck using them for example.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RCinSC View Post
    There are some here, you can search around for them, I can't remember which ones have them. I think they're by HOT Racing. It would be best for on road normally since you want a lot of articulation for offroad--but depends on what you're doing. I could see a short course truck using them for example.
    Thanks! I found the Hot Racing kit on eBay. I want to try it on my 1/16 Slash, but I am also going to install one on my Mustang. I'm using tires for grip, not drifting, and want a handling setup that won't roll over as much. I'm also trying out different spring/oil setups to control dive on braking, as well as handling.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I finally got the HR Sway Bar kits in and installed. Very simple installation. I also went with 10K Diff oil mixed with 70WT shock oil to reduce squat on acceleration, and nose dive on braking. Using the HPI Vintage slicks, this thing handles like a dream! I went through 2 packs of stick 1200mAh NiMh in series on concrete, and couldn't roll it over! I haven't had a chance to try the X-Patterns yet, but I fear they will grip better and cause the car to flip. Next is a track test on asphalt.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I also put a set on my 1/16 Slash 4X4. It stiffens up the suspension nicely!

RC Competitor
    Looks great.
    What kind of tires are those on the Slash?

RC Competitor
    Also, it looks like you've got some adjustable pushrods on the stang. Who makes them and where do you get them?

RC Qualifier
    Looks great.
    What kind of tires are those on the Slash?
    Those are the HPI Pirelli T Rally tires 26mm mounted on 0mm offset HPI Te37's

Also, it looks like you've got some adjustable pushrods on the stang. Who makes them and where do you get them?
    They are Integy T3465SILVER. I got 'em from my LHS, but you can find them as well as others on eBay. Makes suspension adjustments much easier, IMO.

AB

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    Those are the HPI Pirelli T Rally tires 26mm mounted on 0mm offset HPI Te37's

They are Integy T3465SILVER. I got 'em from my LHS, but you can find them as well as others on eBay. Makes suspension adjustments much easier, IMO.

AB
    Thanks,

Last week I ordered some HPI 4475s( SuperSize Rally Tires) and some different type wheels to try on the Slash. Their specified OD is 2.9" which is just about .200" bigger than stock which is something I'm hoping will help handle the rough better and yet fit nicely under the fenders. They also come in a soft compound.

I hope the Integy stuff holds up for you. I tried a set for the tie rods and pushrods and they didn't last 15 minutes on my Slash going offroad. Everyone of the rods came out of one end or the other. The Traxxas tierods are awesome however.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks,

I hope the Integy stuff holds up for you. I tried a set for the tie rods and pushrods and they didn't last 15 minutes on my Slash going offroad. Everyone of the rods came out of one end or the other. The Traxxas tierods are awesome however.
    I agree, I put the TRAXXAS tierods on the Slash. I beat it up pretty good. I put the Integy ones on my two on road cars, the Boss Mustang and KB Fiesta. Not interested in drifting, just speed and handling.

[IMG][/IMG]

AB

RC poster
    Can you post a URL for the sway bar kit?

I have a 302 Boss Mustang. Is this the kit? http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...XS311X01;c=455

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    That is the kit.
    Links are acceptable... only a few brands are not allowed and the ones that are not allowed turn into asterisks.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    How have the sway bars held up thus far? I am looking to get some as well

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I just got the same HR swaybars for my Fiesta, and they seem pretty sturdy. Still in the build phase, so I cannot attest to their durability. They do not include instructions, so refer to this forum if you have any trouble. Careful with the ends, because I had one shattter on me when I used pliers to squeeze them on the ball studs. After that one, I used my shop vise to slowly press them in. No troubles when I did it that way. They fit very tightly.

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - 1/16th Fiesta - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - soon '65 Malibu Micro T Drifter
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    I just got the same HR swaybars for my Fiesta, and they seem pretty sturdy. Still in the build phase, so I cannot attest to their durability. They do not include instructions, so refer to this forum if you have any trouble. Careful with the ends, because I had one shattter on me when I used pliers to squeeze them on the ball studs. After that one, I used my shop vise to slowly press them in. No troubles when I did it that way. They fit very tightly.

FLM BL E-Maxx - BL Slash - BL 4Tec - 1/16th Fiesta - Wraith - SCX-10 - Custom Axial 6WD - Custom Losi micro Monster Truck - Losi Micro-T Hummer - Custom Losi Micro Peterbilt Crawler - soon '65 Malibu Micro T Drifter
    Thanks you MaxxMasher that's all i needed to hear. oh and i will be careful with the ball ends all i have are pliers

RC Competitor
    I'm glad u made this post!
    @Aburg can u post the ebay link for the sway bar kit

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetz Daddi View Post
    I'm glad u made this post!
    @Aburg can u post the ebay link for the sway bar kit
    Hear ya go http://www.ebay.ca/itm/310882669597?...84.m1438.l2649

RC Competitor
    good looking.. but I found them after I wrote a post. they look real nice how they go over top of shocks!

RC Competitor
    That they do Streetz Daddi

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I even put a drop of bearing oil in each ball end to help them move a little easier.

RC Competitor
    Good know! I will that as well

RC Competitor
    i just order mines! (HR sway bar set) with some piggy back integy shocks (with 70wt) & wheels (Rims) with a 10mm offset & RaDial tires... this is a nice Hi-speed handling set-up
    this is my fiesta/Rally setup btw
    Last edited by Streetz Daddi; 02-27-2014 at 11:18 PM.

RC Competitor
    Cool Streetz Daddi, can you report back what a difference you saw after installing them if you want to that is

RC Competitor
    Oh for sure.. I will definitely let you know if you get a bang for your buck..

RC Competitor
    Hey y'all i found a way to increase the handling @ hi speeds without using any extra body parts!!!! one word "WEIGHT"
    so i tried something new. i went to my local HS and found some GPM sticky weight!! so i brought a half pound worth.. install it on my chassis.. i put more weight on the front bumper then anywhere else! i already had an additional quarter pound home made weight set... current total weight: 4pounds !!!
    im shooting for 5pounds total... anyway i took her out for a test run.. running 4s 2s series on stock motor 380 VELINEON & stock ESC with a Bec 10 amp FIESTA/RALLY BODY NO WING(cause i didn't get it yet) all i can say is yoooooooooooo try this weight setup!!! SUPER BIG IMPROVEMENT SUPER! My car do not flip over at all and im banging out speed in the 60s all she will do is spin in 360 motion... and this is with no Sway Bar Kit all stock.. even the wheels and tires. but i have stock nitro slick tires though. they are not that good. anyway WEIGHT is a prime factor! i can't wait to install the hot racing sway bar kit my 10mm offset wheels with RaDial tires!! this setup is crazy for hi-speeds.. by the way if you are planning on going balls out i suggest u to change everything that's plastic into GPM material. other than that your local HS will definitely be loving your money!! listen I'm breaking up RPM parts. so i decided to turn every last part that's plastic into STEEL (GPM).
    i think it's only right!
    but here is a good tip to increase handling at hi-speeds
    Last edited by Streetz Daddi; 03-02-2014 at 02:01 AM.

RC Competitor
    Hey y'all i found a way to increase the handling @ hi speeds without using any extra body parts!!!! one word "WEIGHT"
    so i tried something new. i went to my local HS and found some GPM sticky weight!! so i brought a half pound worth.. install it on my chassis.. i put more weight on the front bumper then anywhere else! i already had an additional quarter pound home made weight set... current total weight: 4pounds !!!
    im shooting for 5pounds total... anyway i took her out for a test run.. running 4s 2s series on stock motor 380 VELINEON & stock ESC with a Bec 10 amp FIESTA/RALLY BODY NO WING(cause i didn't get it yet) all i can say is yoooooooooooo try this weight setup!!! SUPER BIG IMPROVEMENT SUPER! My car do not flip over at all and im banging out speed in the 60s all she will do is spin in 360 motion... and this is with no Sway Bar Kit all stock.. even the wheels and tires. but i have stock nitro slick tires though. they are not that good. anyway WEIGHT is a prime factor! i can't wait to install the hot racing sway bar kit my 10mm offset wheels with RaDial tires!! this setup is crazy for hi-speeds.. by the way if you are planning on going balls out i suggest u to change everything that's plastic into GPM material. other than that your local HS will definitely be loving your money!! listen I'm breaking up RPM parts. so i decided to turn every last part that's plastic into STEEL (GPM).
    i think it's only right!
    but here is a good tip to increase handling at hi-speeds
    When you have time please post a picture or two this sounds interesting.

RC Competitor
    ok i will make an photo bucket account so i can post pics. unless theirs another way! if so let me know

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    First, the picture needs to be uploaded to a web host; like photobucket, flicker, or even a locked folder on facebook (like I do). Then after it is uploaded; you view the picture online, right click, and select "copy image location". At this point you come back to the forum and select the third icon from the right; the one that says "image" when you hover over it, and paste your image location into the box in the popup, then click "ok". Then the picture will be shown like this:

More information:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sting-Tutorial
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] i also install my old cell phones onto the shell of the car. using one of the two phones to clock my speed (with speed meter app install) but at the same time im using them as weight too!! a few sticky weights came off on the bumper. it total out to be 2oz an a half just on the bumper and 3oz an a half around the chassis. but some fell off (it was a rush job just to test)! [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Streetz Daddi; 03-06-2014 at 06:39 PM.

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] i also install my old cell phones onto the shell of the car. using one of the two phones to clock my speed (with speed meter app install) but at the same time im using them as weight too!! a few sticky weights came off on the bumper. it total out to be 2oz an a half just on the bumper and 3oz an a half around the chassis. but some fell off (it was a rush job just to test)! [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    Nice rally body.

RC Competitor
    Anyone got durability report for the sway bar kit?
    TC3 Touring car
    TC4 Canadian Trans-am

RC Champion
    I've only had a few packs ran on my car since building it, but I doubt there would be any reliability issues. The only thing I found with my HR sway kit is that the ball ends are SO tight. I ended up reaming mine out just a little with an exacto knife. One of them was still so tight, that it shattered when I went to squeeze it on with pliers. After that, I used a vice to get them on nice and slow and straight. On one end, where the balls have the hex, I drilled a small hole through the ends so I could get them off without taking it apart.

See what I mean? The end closest to the shocktower I drilled out. I was afraid prying them off might break something. This makes getting the assembly much easier to remove. My experience was made a little more difficult by having the piggyback shocks, too. I had to bend the wires outwards a little, too. Otherwise the hit the piggybacks on the shocks, and wouldn't move freely. Now they work great!

RC Competitor
    I see what you mean.
    TC3 Touring car
    TC4 Canadian Trans-am

RC Competitor
    Ordered my swaybar kit!
    TC3 Touring car
    TC4 Canadian Trans-am

RC Competitor
    Swaybar kit has just arrived.
    TC3 Touring car