RC Champion

$5 mod to fix 3 common problems

I can't believe I'm the 1st one to think of this... but if I am, here it is! There are a few problems with the hatch on the Spartan.
    1) It doesn't seal simply by attaching it to the hull.
    2) If it were to come off, it would sink.
    3) It's ugly from the bottom.

Maybe you see where I'm headed with this... maybe not. I plan on sealing the underside of the hatch with a piece of plastic. Once that's done, I'll put weather stripping on the new piece of plastic so that it seals to the hull. By sealing the hatch with plastic, it will form an air pocket inside the hatch so that the hatch floats if it comes off. If I can't get the hatch water tight, I'll just fill it with expanding foam. Pics coming later tonight or tomorrow.

Well it didn't work quite like I had planned. It's darn near impossible to get the plastic to fit PERFECTLY on the very very tiny edge of that hatch. I ended up putting the plastic in on the inner lip.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 11-11-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: post merge
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, but at least you gave-er a shot.

RC Qualifier
    Back to basic, I'll just tape the hatch, but I did put an styrofoam in it, so just in case it flies it will float.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion
    Yeah... I thought I had something there. It would have been cool to have the bottom be flat and painted like the hull. I know I'll try it again some time when I get a more accurate and precise way to cut this plastic instead of scissors and a piece of sand paper.
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you