Thread: motor Q

RC Racer

motor Q

will this over heat in a pede trail truck or is it underpowered
    http://v2.teamnovak.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=430
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    It will work fine as a trail motor. It's too small and slow for anything else. I would gear it as low as possible and practice good throttle control. Why don't you just create a thread instead of creating new threads with similar questions? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-21-2012 at 01:08 PM.

RC Racer
    would the 13.5 be better or should i not look at crawler motors and look at (next link) the spec motor if the spec motor what turn kv would be good
    http://v2.teamnovak.com/shop/index.p...products_id=21
    http://v2.teamnovak.com/shop/index.p...products_id=20

if i get a novak 5.5 550 size motor do i need a mamba max pro or can i use a de10 or the stock esc
    Last edited by RCTRAIN; 10-21-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

To really chose the best motor we need to know more details. Things like what your performance expectation are, what battery you plan on using, tires size, etc. The more info you give the better the answers you will receive.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    i would like about the same speed, could be less, as the stock just more torque and slow speed crawlability
    batt will be 30c 5000 venom 2s lipo
    trenchers
    dont want to mod the chassie to fit
    want to use stock esc or a de10
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

VXL motors are known for having a lot of torque. If you want more I think you will have to look at a 4 pole motor or a motor with a longer can.

"Crawlability" to me means good low speed throttle response and control. For that you would look more to the ESC than the motor. Sensored system is going to be the best option
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    so a duratrax de10 and a sensored motor would be good but what kv turn would be good i was thinking 13.5 around 2800kv??
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    VXL motors are known for having a lot of torque. If you want more I think you will have to look at a 4 pole motor or a motor with a longer can.

"Crawlability" to me means good low speed throttle response and control. For that you would look more to the ESC than the motor. Sensored system is going to be the best option
    And it doesn't matter what ESC you get for the VXL3500. The stock motor has no crawlability (is that even a word?) because the torque is at the middle of the "power band".
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.