Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

List your upgrades or planned ones right out of the box.

Who plans on upgrading or hopping up their new 1/10 Rally 4WD right out of the box?? I was unsure right at first but my willingness to do so overcame that within a couple of fast paced hearbeats. I thought about just running it stock for a little while then going forth. That might change Tuesday when the UPS man pays me a special visit.

This is my plan for upgrades to the Rally. I'll end up putting my special touch to it in the coming weeks/ months. This is what I have purchased so far.

1/10 Rally 4WD Orange/ Black( obviously ) --BTW the fastest color choice available! Merlin put a spell on the other 3.

Upgrades:
    ET-3S Traxxas/ CC ESC
    ET-2400 Traxxas/ CC 4-pole
    TRA6893X - Traxxas Slipper bearing Adapter
    TRA5351 - Revo Alloy Slipper Plate
    TRA5352R - Slipper Clutch Rebuild Kit w/ Alloy Slipper Shoes

Five Finger Discount from one of my other RC's:
    1258TG - Savox Servo

In need of:
    Traxxas Battery Expansion Kit

What other areas are you guys thinking? Maybe RPM A-arms, alloy shock towers, alloy or titanium links. I really like the stock plastic shock towers not sure i'll move to alloy on them.

.....so......list them!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I have been wondering about the Protrac kit for this car. I have liked it on all my other builds so far. Are you going to upgrade your shocks? What about using sway bars? I will be road running mine, so sway barys may or may not be a good idea. BTW, why all the slipper upgrades? It seems as if your upgrades will make this slipper exactly like an ERBE. Perhaps the stock slipper pads don't deal well with 4WD.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Qualifier
    Tekin RX8 2650 goes in first then a better set of tires for short grass mulching, I'm going to try the RPM revolver splined hex rims with Proline blockades or I have a fresh set of ready to go Imex step pins on Torque rims for the ultimate in grass traction lol. Then rear driveshafts and front if needed, mod the battery hold down for 3s retention. I ordered a Slash expansion kit so I'll see what needs to be done to get that squared away and then the test runs and final tuning, should be fun.....

RC Champion
    Those look like a good start.

Was just thinkin last night while I was at work. Some Orange Aluminum goodies would look very good on our superior orange/black 1/10 Rally's Wonder if Traxxas will make them PLEASE! But of course that's only when I break something as I swore to myself I am going to run this and upgrade when I need to, not because I want to LOL. And the chances of that happening will probably drastically go down once it's in my hands. I do have a spare MMP 2400/3800 and 1258tg laying around if need be though.

The rear axles the same as the sl4sh/p4de? I have a extra set of MIP's as well.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

probably wont get one for a while but i would buy the blue one and buy all rpm blue stuff. proline calibers on renegades.
    expansion kit. the traxxas et-3s combo to match all the blue blue andonized traxxas raer carriers and castor blocks.
    aluminum bearing adapter. if i could afford it a futoba plk3
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

DC: I have some Traxxas aluminum shock caps that i'm going to slap on the stockers. I have some big bores I might yank off my Slash that I could clean up and install on here. I think down the road I'll put my fav Ten-T's on there.

I just like the feel of the upgraded Slipper. I've used the stock without any issues.

How do you like the protrac on the Sl4sh/ P4de? For an onroad I think it would be a perfect setup. Might be something in the future.

Rastus: Good combination. I'm going to try Tekin one of these days. I picked the ET-3S & ET-2400 dirt cheap. I'm jealous though, cuz I run a MMM 2650 in my Sl4sh and its a beast of a motor. I need an expansion kit to. I'll see what I can do before I order one. I might add one on one of my next orders.

Stephan: Thanks!! I want the same Orange goodies to. Not to much just enough to give it that extra pop. You have a couple of good motor choices. I thought about the 1410 myself. Hmmm....wonder if I should try it out first. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    2200/MM combo
    velcro battery strap's
    3-4 led light pod. rally style on the front bumper and hood
    Mud flap's that extend out just past the body
    Street fighter's for now then wait til proline releases a set of true rally onroad tire's.
    Revo slipper
    MIP's F/R
    Tekno center shaft, my slash one is just that good.
    Savox 1256tq servo

Should be good till I deside to install aluminium carrier's, castor and steering block's
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    DC: I have some Traxxas aluminum shock caps that i'm going to slap on the stockers. I have some big bores I might yank off my Slash that I could clean up and install on here. I think down the road I'll put my fav Ten-T's on there.

I just like the feel of the upgraded Slipper. I've used the stock without any issues.

How do you like the protrac on the Sl4sh/ P4de? For an onroad I think it would be a perfect setup. Might be something in the future.

Rastus: Good combination. I'm going to try Tekin one of these days. I picked the ET-3S & ET-2400 dirt cheap. I'm jealous though, cuz I run a MMM 2650 in my Sl4sh and its a beast of a motor. I need an expansion kit to. I'll see what I can do before I order one. I might add one on one of my next orders.

Stephan: Thanks!! I want the same Orange goodies to. Not to much just enough to give it that extra pop. You have a couple of good motor choices. I thought about the 1410 myself. Hmmm....wonder if I should try it out first. LOL
    You would love the Tekin Digger, the power delivery is so smooth and controlable is makes it easy to drive them hard but stay in control. I have a slew of Mambas too in operation and have nothing but good things to say about them but the RX8's are just a cut above IMO. The 1410 3800 is a bit small IMO and I would be concerned about heat issues if you run hard but it may be ok on 2s, The last thing I want is temp issues and with the big systems that's not a concern, you can go from mild to wild with a simple battery change and not have problems tempwise.

Forgot I'm upgrading the shock caps also and maybe the rear hub carriers to reduce toe-in then if needed a wheelie bar lol....
    Last edited by Rastus; 10-21-2012 at 09:41 AM.

I can't find the expansion kit in stock anywhere. They all say on order. You have to buy the new one because it raises the front latch. I'm still going to see what I can do to make it work until they are available.

I hear ya on the 3800. Its a beast on 3S with my 2WD Digger. Those are the real reasons i'm going with a bigger motor so I can run 3S^. LOL Those are the reasons i'd like to try Tekin to. Sensored is supposed to make for a much smoother run.

I ran the longest on my P4de with 3s and stock axles. I'll see how these hold up and if need be I'll go Tekno on those. I even have the Tekno center driveshaft on my Sl4sh and love it.

So many things......
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I figure I'll have to make the Slash battery expansion kit work, the rear shouldn't be a big deal and the front if I have to I'll install the post on the chassis. I have a bunch of Emaxx battery bars so maybe they will slide in there with a 3s Hyperion. The driveshafts will probably hold up with the stock tread type tires but I'm not too confindent in them with the step pins I plan to run. The Blockades aren't as aggressive as the Imex's so they may be ok to drift around in the short grass. I also have the Badlands sc tires I can try so something will work I'm sure....

RC Champion
    anything ORANGE and BLACK added to this car will make it faster

Thats right - I just made that statement!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Im going with an MMP/EZrun 2700kv, 1258 servo, slipper bearing adapter and I have some slash 4X4 shock guards so ill throw those on the back. Then im going to toss in my Airtronics RX and thats it. For now I dont want to do too much to it. If I dont like the 2700kv motor ill go to a castle 3800 4 pole. That should work fine.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    anything ORANGE and BLACK added to this car will make it faster

Thats right - I just made that statement!
    Whatever is plastered on the front page of RC Car Action is the fastest!!!!! Nuff said!!! LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Im going with an MMP/EZrun 2700kv, 1258 servo, slipper bearing adapter and I have some slash 4X4 shock guards so ill throw those on the back. Then im going to toss in my Airtronics RX and thats it. For now I dont want to do too much to it. If I dont like the 2700kv motor ill go to a castle 3800 4 pole. That should work fine.
    Good setup Pave. I can't wait to see the work you do to yours. I know it will be a week or so down the road. I hadnt thought about the shock guards. I do have a set of those that I took off my P4de.

I hear yay and nay on running the 3800. I don't see why it wouldnt do good in the car. We might have to do it just for grins.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

considering i have a stack of 2s hard-case Lipos i suppose my first mod will have to be some Protech Battery straps...
    Probably going to run stock aside from that for a while. No sense in replacing everything out of the box, gotta see how the parts durability is in a different application than the slash 4x4.
    (RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

RC Qualifier
    I'll probably use another NEU motor just like my past builds for a powerplant ( NEU 1/16 Rally,
    NEU MERV, and
    NEU 4x4 PEDE )

I already have a ford fiesta body and a few 1/8 17mm on-road/buggy/short course tires that I want to use to pair with Tekno shafts. As soon as I finish the crawler projects that I started, I'll begin this one....
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Qualifier
    - Aluminum bearing adaptor for slipper
    - tekno rc M6 drive shaft front and rear
    - motor 4268-2650kv with 17 tooth pinion and Vector 4000kv with 13 tooth
    - Battery 3S lipo 4000mah 40-80C
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Install the blue aluminum parts and sway bars from my Slash 4WD, maybe gear it up 1 tooth on the pinion and then try to figure out what the issue is with 2S LiPo hard-case packs not fitting.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    ^^^ Yeah, I seen the 5400 not fitting. It is a standard size hardcase... What gives TRX???>
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    First thing I'm gonna do is add Slash 4x4 front & rear bumpers, SC tires, body mounts for Slash 4x4, and a SC body. So I'm gonna turn it into a LCG Slash 4x4....hehe!
    Tailrotors are for weenies!!