RC Qualifier

is it alright to go 2wd for a minute?

I'm waiting for the front diff to center drive-shaft gear to come from ebay so I was wondering..

What if I just remove the center drive shaft for a few days? The front doesn't roll so well by itself so I was wondering if this is actually believe it or not, harder on the motor?

I should probably remove the pinion gear from the fron bulkhead as well right, that would make it roll easy right?

I'll report back with the differences in handling and such
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Well if anyone cares, the motor did stay about the same temp even with excessive tire spin.
    It handles very poorly under hard acceleration, it spins out.
    Obviously hits the same top speed but you have to ease the throttle pretty slowly.
    Sucked pretty bad on the grass.

All in all, it takes ten times more throttle control / steering control from the driver, and I can't wait to go back to 4x4

note: it was raining out so it would have handled better.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Competitor
    cool nice experiment i doubt i would ever go to 2wd but nice to knwo there is that option

I had a two wheel drive a few times due to drive shaft problems. Neither rear wheel or front wheel drive were performing well.
    For those who want it, you could just remove the drive shafts to make the wheels turn free at the end you don't want traction.

The extra stress on the motor could be that you spin out a lot more. Only when you run at high RPM for longer times it might heat it up more easy.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    We have been out bashing and this happened a couple times with friends for whatever reason. It's fine. Although our buddies savages never faired so well after going 2wd!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    I set one up (Slash 4x4) purposely 2wd and they will work very well but you need good biting tires in the rear. I pulled the front driveshafts and installed a Mamba Monster 2650 on 3s and with 2.8" Imex step pins in the rear the traction in short grass is phenominal, wheelies at will lol. Handles much better than the actual 2wd Slash IMO....
    Last edited by Rastus; 10-21-2012 at 10:44 AM.