RC Racer

Sway bars on XO-1

Last night I installed part #6898 sway bar kit to my basher. I just got back in the house from a little bashing and I can say that the car tracks straighter when it goes through a dip in the road. I really didn't know what to expect after I installed them but I'm real glad I did. Don't really notice any difference when the car is turning either way but it is less sensitive to bumps/ dips in the road.
    Last edited by XO-1 NUT; 10-20-2012 at 06:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Dang it, that's what I forgot to order. Have any pics of them installed?
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    Here you go. The front bar I had to tweek a little with a pliers. The links for the front are shorter than the back ones. I bent the bar down where it passes over shock mount bracket. I did have to lengthen the links a little along with bending the bar. Its a very minor modification. Once you get this far you'll understand what I'm talking about. It took maybe 15 minutes to install this sway bar kit. I used the heavier bars. I like them.

RC Qualifier
    I just make my own bars. The slash ones are woefully inadequate for a 12 pound land missile.

RC Racer
    Do you make the bars about the same as these but use stiffer wire ?? I'm happy with what the slash ones do but anything better yet is awesome. I can't believe what you and others are doing to these cars. I want to learn more !!! Hats off to you Stench !!
    How about some pics of your setup ??
    Last edited by XO-1 NUT; 10-23-2012 at 08:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'll see if I can't take some pictures later. I just used some stainless tig wire I had laying around. Much stiffer.

RC Qualifier
    Here's my front bar. For some track surfaces this may be overkill but you could experiment with different bars. For what I do it seems to be pretty effective.