RC Competitor

Big Block question !

Since winter is coming ... i would like to have a project ...

im looking into a Big block but witch one it the best buy ! ..

I dont want to many mods ... Would be great if i only need a mount, pipe and engin ! Thanks !

If you can link some possible buy will be nice!

Traxxas make a big block mount kit and there are a few aftermarket options as well. Any of them should work fine as long as they are for a Revo and are a simple bolt on mod. It doesn't have to be Slayer specific.

From what I've heard, the New Era big block mount will fit the most engines on it. The Picco .28 Red Dot is a great engine, same with the Picco .26. Basically, if it says Picco, or O.S on it, it will be a good engine. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 10-20-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    ok Thanks i was thinking going for picco .28 red dot put i cant find the new era mount!

Hmmmm... Sorry, guess they don't make the New Era big block mount anymore.... The next best choose would be the Traxxas big block mount. But if you can find the New Era mount on eBay, or some place used, that would be your best option. Hope this helps!

RC Qualifier
    they still make the new era mount.. there site is new era models, part# rev111v2 Evolution .21 to .32 conversion big block kit. Its $89.90 u can fit any true big block picco .28 P3 and picco .28 evo2 are super powerful..

RC Qualifier
    u can check out my youtube channel ckeithnitro i have some vids of putting in a picco .28 into my slayer pro with new era mount..

They still make the New Era mount?? Hmmmmm... Weird. When I went on their website, it said they no longer make it... Oh well. Thanks Ckeithnitro for filling me in on my mistake!

RC Qualifier
    its just not in stock ,they make'em n they get bought up. it took me awhile to get mine. have to keep checking for stock. when there in buy it....

RC Qualifier
    the exact website for big block mount is - New Era Models mybigcommerce.com

RC Competitor
    ohh thanks for the info !! ill chek your video!

RC Competitor
    The picco .26 jl team turbo ... They said direct fit on t max and revo ? Does it fit on slayer direct? And is it a good motor or it realy less power then the .28?and what is the best price valuable? Because .28 will cost around 300$ with mount it almost less expensive to buy the complete ofna buggy came witth good engin !
    Last edited by slayerQc; 10-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.

RC Competitor
    Anyone know? if i buy a ofna lx2 ultra ill come with the .28 engin for around 350$ .... i think it a better deal then putting a big block in my slayer? ... picco .28 it around 200$ and new era mount it 90$ ... so it almost same ... and picco .26 for revo and t max will fit on slayer ? direct fit?

RC Competitor
    One thing Im learning myself is, it comes down to what do you want to drive. The more I look into it, the more I figure out that the slayer is for those that are looking for the actual 1/10th scale trucks. They compete and run with other 1/10 scale trucks. A scale truck will not drive like a scale buggy, due to the suspension set up, the Rotation Center, Center of Gravity, and many other forces working on the truck and buggy that affect how it drives. So, if you want another set up, that drives completely different from your current, where you will need a whole new list of upgrade parts, then go with the buggy. If your looking to make your Truck faster, well then upgraded engine it is.
    I'm crazy, no really I am.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerQc View Post
    The picco .26 jl team turbo ... They said direct fit on t max and revo ?
    I think you mean the OFNA Picco .26 Max JL Red dot engine. That one is a direct fit. The team turbo engine is a .28 truggy engine (which probably could fit with a different motor mount). It also appears that the regular OFNA Picco .26 Max is a direct fit also (at least according to tower hobbies website).

90% of the Slayer IS a Revo so if it will fit a Revo, then it will fit the Slayer.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 10-27-2012 at 12:27 AM.

RC Qualifier
    the ofna mount for the picco .26's is poor!! very little adjustment for different gearing combo's there is one on Ebay that is for the picco .26's and has good adjustment like the stock 3.3 mount..

RC Qualifier
    The tm 523 is an awesome motor I just installed one on the revo direct fit sweet amours of power really easy tune and fits with just the revo 523 mount I mean this motor has some sweet power
    drive it like you stole it