RC Turnbuckle Jr.

1/8 Funny Car Display Chassis!

Last edited by danielhr77; 10-20-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Good find. Man Traxxas is going to be selling some stuff like hot cakes for Christmas. That's cheap for a display unit to slap your lid on and show it off.

BTW luv ur sig.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    One thing I noticed: "Body not included, each sold separately."

So, $50 for the chassis and how much more for a body? $20?

Haha good luck finding a shell for $20 currently selling on ebay for usually up around $70+

If i had a FC i would find a way to make those Headers work on the drivable model. Those look great.

That's not a bad price considering what you shell out for a set of slicks right now haha.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Haha good luck finding a shell for $20 currently selling on ebay for usually up around $70+
    That's because Traxxas is reluctant to sell the bodies for all the models already painted as it should be... So, we have to be hostages of all the pirates on eBay that sell the bodies for incredible high and unreasonable prices...

These bodies are coming directly from Traxxas and we should expect them to be cheap, maybe more than $20, but not $70... When is Traxxas going to wake up about this for all the other models???

RC Qualifier
    someone should make that into a real chassis.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    someone should make that into a real chassis.
    LOL... http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...c/6907funnycar

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    That's because Traxxas is reluctant to sell the bodies for all the models already painted as it should be... So, we have to be hostages of all the pirates on eBay that sell the bodies for incredible high and unreasonable prices...

These bodies are coming directly from Traxxas and we should expect them to be cheap, maybe more than $20, but not $70... When is Traxxas going to wake up about this for all the other models???
    They will sell clear shells for $20-25 but the branded shells will always be high IMO.

RC Champion

yeah that's why i don't feel bad as a Canadian, that i cant buy from there...

Why haven't they released a clear body yet? That's what i want to know. Wonder if Proline is gonna beat them to the punch.

Amain sells the Force crew shells for $87.99
    Curiosity got the better or me.

RC Champion
    Cameron - I just deciphered your tag line!!!!! HAHA! nice!

Its my gift to the Forum. lol.

RC Champion
    do you mean plague!?

potatoe-potato lol.

On topic though im still amazed at myself for never pulling the trigger on one of these. I got very excited to pick one up when i first saw one, and even more excited when i walked into the LHS and saw one on the shelf for display.

RC Enthusiast
    Site says out of stock but add says available now? Any word on when for this and the clear bodies? Really wish when announcing stuff it would be avaialabe with announcement! Love my car and really want to display other body plus check out how to use headers on running car !

Bob

RC Qualifier
    Paying $50 more to display the body that came on your $500 car. Now that's funny.
    XO-1 #4...

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, least of all buy a part for a toy.

Why? Are they worthless garbage, or a commodity valuable to some? This is our amazingly successful free-market system, in which supply and demand are the driving forces. There will be a correction soon enough, but until then please tell me why people should not pay to play.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think it's pretty clear what I said, since Traxxas doesn't sell full pre-painted bodies for all the trucks, they force me to buy them from eBay when I ruin the one that came with the truck. I don't have any other option if I want to run my truck, I don't want and I don't like to trim or paint clear bodies.

Why is that Traxxas sells every single part for all the trucks but not the full pre-painted bodies? How hard is to sell them separatelly if they are already making them for the trucks? I've been requesting this for years now.

I think eBay is a great market place, biding or buying parts is awesome there (tell me, I have almost 1000 stars), but when you have to pay incredible high and unreasonable prices for a body from a selected group of seller, in that particular case, a free-market system is no longer free.
    Last edited by danielhr77; 10-25-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Traxxas Employee
    The best option for you would be to purchase a Prographix body where all you have to do is shoot one color of paint on it, peel off the overspray protection and put the window decals on and BAZINGA, it looks almost identical to the stock body. No trimming required. There is no skill required to paint it either because all the crazy and awesome graphics are pre-applied so you just have to shoot 3-4 light coats of paint onto the inside of the body.

Prographics w/o a backer paint looks pretty slick too.

I think it's pretty clear what I said, since Traxxas doesn't sell full pre-painted bodies for all the trucks, they force me to buy them from eBay when I ruin the one that came with the truck. I don't have any other option if I want to run my truck, I don't want and I don't like to trim or paint clear bodies.

Why is that Traxxas sells every single part for all the trucks but not the full pre-painted bodies? How hard is to sell them separatelly if they are already making them for the trucks? I've been requesting this for years now.

I think eBay is a great market place, biding or buying parts is awesome there (tell me, I have almost 1000 stars), but when you have to pay incredible high and unreasonable prices for a body from a selected group of seller, in that particular case, a free-market system is no longer free.
    Having the Full Replica body on these cars is a bit different from others and being pre-painted.

The color scheme, graphics of the full size version's sponsors, are all considerd in every single sponsorship graphic displayed on their car... I would imagine there are some financial agreements that are made when a "Replica" body of a Professional race car that is highly sponsored by other companies. Probably other legal stipulations as well...

I'm sure everyone has their hands in their pockets....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Free market refers to being driven by economic forces, and not artificially controlled by political and other non-economic forces. You are describing exactly how it is supposed to work. And again, I think I was clear in posting that it is your own decision to NEED these bodies. You decide you must have a new body. Do you meed it to survive? is it sustenance or shelter? No.
    Even so, it is not surprising that people want these items. What is surprising that people would suggest that Traxxas should move away from their immensely successful business model. It is unfortunate that your personal request has not been granted for years, but I suppose we all will have to learn to live with these little disappointments.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast

On oder now

Ordered mine Friday. As far as 50.00 to display a car goes, I want to show the folks at the LHT what a couple bodies that are available look like. I really didn't want to spend upwards of a hundred dollars for a roller chassis. I got a Hight body signed and want to keep it in great shape. This will help display it better! Sorry if some don't agree but each to his own.
    Bob

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You know, the answer to overpriced parts on newly released cars (which is why the parts are so pricy) is to buy a new car and sell off the rest of the parts for what you paid, keeping the body for yourself, often for close to nothing. Ive done this many times (like when the fiesta rally first came out). Its surprising how much the rest of the car is actually worth. Especially the funny car as many really want that power system. Im sure you could end up with a body that cost around $50 max if you sold the parts well. More work, but saves money.

FWIW, have you ever checked out what HPI sells a fully painted Blitz body for... its ridiculous. IMO traxxas is very fair in their pricing of clear bodies.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    I really like the exhaust pipes on this chassis!...I wonder if traxxas will offer them separately? of course they wouldnt last long in a roll over...lol...

RC Racer
    I want a set of the pipes for mine too!, would finish it off nicely!
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

Headers: Traxxas #6985

Other parts look like they are coming down the pipeline.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    SWEET!!!....hope they are available soon....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    went to john force holiday car show over the weekend ! and the full size one

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    What I can't believe, Daniel, is that you haven't started making a 16th scale dragster or one that uses four drive wheels or something else awesome like all your other custom projects!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Competitor
    OMG! that would be perfect to put a C model rocket engine in... (my Dad and uncles call them jet cars)