RC poster

Servo issues HELP!

So I just bought an e-revo from a guy down on his luck, he just installed tekin rx8 system has many upgrades. He said servos needed replaced so I did, the wheels turn right but that is it and one of then gets wicked hot even when its not connect to linkage. I should note that its my first rc and when I first installed the servos I didn't zero them on account of not knowing. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Much thanks!

here you go...........welcome to the Darkside...........did you bring COOKIES?? lol
    one or two servos?? pile all your Q&A here...so much to learn........but its all good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrAvhm3b1g
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    I have two servos, for some reason one is getting hot even when its not connected to linkage. Thanks for the welcome my wife thinks I am turning into a nerd, rightfully so, maybe I am

I'm not turning into a nerd, but I was born a geek!

Hot servo is dead. Remove and replace with like or replace both with a single high torque servo (300+ oz-in.) This will also require a new aluminum servo horn. An aluminum steering arm is also highly recommended for use with single servos.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC poster
    Think it could have burnt up when I installed it the first time?

the new one?? could have if you did not powering up the truck...& center it first..........

what is the wife going to say when we get you really up to speed....Hang around for a bit

RC poster
    Its alive! The hot one was bad, did the servo install just like in the video. Holy this thing is fast! I have a 2 speed transmission I still need to install but i'm thinking I don't need it, I heard this tekin system was fast but I had no idea what I was getting into. I went to the hobby shop yesterday to get a new servo and the guy working there said I had a1500$ rig with all the mods. Well, that kicks i'm hooked thanks for the help!

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A filter changes inappropriate words to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them. Also, if you have to insert a symbol into a word so that it does not get filtered, you should not be using that word here.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brabg View Post
    I went to the hobby shop yesterday to get a new servo and the guy working there said I had a1500$ rig with all the mods.
    Glad to hear its sorted...I hear that...$1500 rig, I don't even want to think about the money I have thrown into my trucks and helicopters .
    Rock n Rolla !

I have a 2 speed transmission I still need to install

only if you are going to be doing some crawling. even still you really would not need it.....

RC poster
    I bought mine new. Iv ran into a bunch of stuff and have replaced the bulkhead at least 8 times in the 8 months Iv owned it and one servo went out and the other went out a week later. These things are $40. a pop at the lhs.Does anyone sell them any cheeper?

If you need a stronger servo, you should be looking into an aftermarket metal gear unit. Most aren't waterproof though.

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NFSfreak View Post
    I bought mine new. Iv ran into a bunch of stuff and have replaced the bulkhead at least 8 times in the 8 months Iv owned it and one servo went out and the other went out a week later. These things are $40. a pop at the lhs.Does anyone sell them any cheeper?
    Just put the factory ones in the market place section sell them...put the cash towards a Hitec 7955 or similar one and problem solved
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC poster
    Thanks.A serrvo is the only thing stopping me from being able to run the ERBE.

RC Qualifier
    You can use just one of the factory servo's I've heard a few people on here doing this.
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Racer
    did you bring cookies?? love it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    here you go...........welcome to the Darkside...........did you bring COOKIES?? lol
    one or two servos?? pile all your Q&A here...so much to learn........but its all good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrAvhm3b1g
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-25-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    if you're not fast, you're last.

I did but, I ate them a few years back SORRY.......

RC poster
    What and all parts would I need to run it off one factory servo?Iv got a small collection of arms and weard dohickey parts.

One traxxas servo really wont cut it, you need more power to turn those big heavy tires and wheels. Good news is that once you get a good servo the stock parts are all you need to go to single servo setup, unless you feel like you need aluminum. Just take off the arms and rods from the side you took the servo off of and use the ones on the side you have a servo on and you are good to go.

I chose to get an aluminum servo arm in place of the factory one, it cost like $5 from my local shop and has some extra holes to adjust servo throw.

RC poster
    Im gonna see if the lhs has one.They may have taken a beating just from front end wrecks.I mostly do speed runs.I cant seem to get the toe right for nothing.The guy at the lhs said the balls wer too tight.The videos of the car on youtube looks like their toe is perfect too the T.Thats the way I want mine to be.

What
    lhs said the balls were too tight
    The pivit ball caps maybe, the pivit ball.......idk...that...

Make sure all your rods are straight and that the steering isn't binding if it is then you may need to take the knuckles apart and clean and lube them.

Sent from my Torch!

RC poster
    What kinda lube would I need?Do I just squrit some in where the tiny blue boots are?

any grease will attract dirt. I don't use anything for lube, but if I did I would use dry graphite..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dry-Graphite...item43b0dd0a16

If its got the boots on it, that will keep the dirt out, for a little while anyway. There are some dry lubes that spray on, may not be cheap, but a can should last a long time.