Thread: Winters Coming

RC Enthusiast

Winters Coming

Its that time of year again that where i live starts getting cold dark and wet

Have taken the opportunity to strip her down to barebones and rit dye the chassis, never done this before but looks pretty simple. Also looking at few upgrades while it is apart there is so much on this forum its hard to choose one other thing is im stuck in my choice of colour scheme. Black and Blue or Black and Red.
    What do you guys reckon

If I were to dye my chassis again...maybe in the future I would go navy blue or dark green .
    Rock n Rolla !

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=copper

if the parts look blue as you are dying black, leave them in longer. I do my parts in a plastic tub (outside), fill with hot water, dye & let it sit for a 24 hrs.....

I have seen tubs on BBQ's to using the kitchen stove. Keep the parts in hot water takes less time, but I don't like taking the chance of a spill.........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    Dark Green now thats interesting indeed. Im looking at what you did craig.mitch316 with the losi diffs.. Was this difficult to do or just time consuming? also did you use traxxas or hpi shafts?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=copper

if the parts look blue as you are dying black, leave them in longer. I do my parts in a plastic tub (outside), fill with hot water, dye & let it sit for a 24 hrs.....

I have seen tubs on BBQ's to using the kitchen stove. Keep the parts in hot water takes less time, but I don't like taking the chance of a spill.........
    Hmm spilling dye all over carpet.... Misses might end up dying me!! think i will take your advice with the outside idea

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne88 View Post
    Dark Green now thats interesting indeed. Im looking at what you did craig.mitch316 with the losi diffs.. Was this difficult to do or just time consuming? also did you use traxxas or hpi shafts?
    It wasn't to difficult to do mate, once I got my head around what to trim...it probably was more time consuming than anything. I am using Summit shafts with the Losi diffs.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    First few pics of my e revo decided to go with a black and blue colour scheme. Missing rear wing due to my sister attempting a triple backflip, oviously she didnt make it...

Changing over screws to stainless dues to some rusting as seen around parts of the car

Last edited by Wayne88; 11-08-2012 at 03:19 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks nice and clean!

RC Enthusiast
    A few shots from today

my sister attempting a triple backflip

like that driving area
    watch for the water puddles...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    where is that course at???? why cant i have anything like that to drive mine at? dark green came out on my revo pretty sweet, and you should get some shock covers too cover up that ugly red that don't match anything
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    that course looks pretty darn awesome...thinking about building one on the farm now...

next time when ur out...can u take a pic of the entire course?...i need some ideas...

and ur rit dye came out awesome...good work...

There we go...that's what I like to see; nice .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    nice truck man the dye job came out well and your sister can make the triple back flip because there is no wing to stop her now lol ,you must get some sick air off of those jumps

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys. Course is in my little island of jersey. it was actually built by a load of bmx and dirt jump guys but it passes of as a pretty decent playground for an e revo. Water is a bit of an issue going to go down the plasti dip route so it should survive a blast through a puddle. and the amount of air you can get is just madness

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys. Course is in my little island of jersey. it was actually built by a load of bmx and dirt jump guys but it passes of as a pretty decent playground for an e revo. Water is a bit of an issue going to go down the plasti dip route so it should survive a blast through a puddle. and the amount of air you can get is just madness
    dude, thats Jersey, as in dirty jersey, USA? Where is that? I need a good place to bash.

Speaking of winter, I got some Losi Sand Wedges for the rear and am ordering some Sand Razors for the front. Got my Outerwears and I'm gonna have some fun in the snow. It will also be my beach/sand set up.

RC Enthusiast
    Nah im from the ORIGINAL Jersey

http://www.jersey.com/English/Pages/default.aspx

RC Qualifier
    Nah im from the ORIGINAL Jersey

http://www.jersey.com/English/Pages/default.aspx
    oh, the old one. lol