RC Champion

Another one of those threads. I just ordered one

Well, just ordered it up about 2minutes ago. Not sure when it will get here as I am in Canada, hopefully by friday next week.

I went with the fastest model they have LOLOL. Orange and Black baby YEEEEAAAAAA.

Now, I was planning on throwing in a MMP/2400 and a Savox 1258tg in it right off the get go.

But you know what, I have really been thinking. I really want to have some fun with this one. All my RC's since I got into it, all have been decked right out and hopped right up before I even run it. So I rarely replace stuff, well I do but usually another upgrade hahah!!

This isn't set in stone. But I really want to go with my idea on this one and stick to it, I'm going to run this right out the box stock, electronics and all. Then upgrade as I see the need to or if I come accross problems or break anything, upgrade stuff as I break it. How about that eh!! LOL. Like I said, every RC I have ever owned since I got into it just over 2 years ago has been thrown 100's and even 1000's of dollars before I even ran the thing.

I am going to do it the opposite this time. Well, I think LOL (will see what happens).

Anyway, super stoked and I can't wait.

Now I just need to figure out how to fool the wife, I have a 1/16 rally on the way as well OH GOD HELP ME!!!
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I feel the same way about this car. I did buy a new servo (1258 of course) as I feel the stock servo isnt ideal for drift type driving... not fast enough. I bought an MMP... but I may not run it right away. Im not going to touch anything else until I need to. Of course, ill need to change alot less than you as time goes on since I bought a white/blue one... and im quite confident they will prove to be the stand out performers. No question.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Pavment - I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but as I stated in O.G.s new thread, "what a pile of junk...the orange one is not..."

You see, orange is the color of awesome and when you combine that with black, you know what you get, right.....

..."EPIC INCARNATE"!!! I'm sorry, I dont make the laws of nature, I just follow them!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan81 View Post
    I went with the fastest model they have LOLOL. Orange and Black baby YEEEEAAAAAA.
    Now that is the perfect statement right there!!! =)~

It's a shame we live so so so far a part from each other we could have a blast.

Now, I was planning on throwing in a MMP/2400 and a Savox 1258tg in it right off the get go.
    I debated for a few days and couldnt hold back anymore. I don't like dealing with heat so I picked up the ET-3S ET-2400 motor from eBay for a good price. Plus i'll be rock'n Traxxas blue.

The only thing I haven't picked up is a good Servo. I might just snag the 1258TG from my P4de and put the 2075 back in there.

Then upgrade as I see the need to or if I come accross problems or break anything, upgrade stuff as I break it. How about that eh!! LOL. Like I said, every RC I have ever owned since I got into it just over 2 years ago has been thrown 100's and even 1000's of dollars before I even ran the thing.
    Dude we are so alike its crazy. The only difference I just can't seem to take a hit on selling mine. The time and effort I put into building them it far surpasses the need/ want to sell them. Maybe i'm just not picky enough to find a reason to sell. It's no biggie as long as I have a place to store them and the time to run them I'm happy. Prolly what will end up happening is my little boy will inherit them in a few years for running around. Oh and maybe my little girl, she fell in love with my new build. Check it out later in the Rusty section. New photos and a video later.

Orange & Black is just ePiC!!!! Rock on!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to take my usual route, stock won't cut it for me. RX8 2650 on 3s, a set of Blockades on Revolver spline drive rims and a pair of MIP's in the rear at least to start. Let the lawn mulching begin lol.....

RC Champion
    Yeah I really wish we lived closer as well. I don't really have any friends to bash with here hehehe! Well one guy has a Redcat Rampage but the thing is down and out more than it runs LOL. Also where I live, about 800 people. Like 5 streets LOL, my bashing areas are pretty limited

My order is now being " picked and packed in the warehouse ".

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Mine should be at the hotel ill be staying at in 2 weeks... on monday. I have to call and get them to hold it for me. It'll be worth the wait to save the $35 on shipping AND not pay any duty or border taxes. Ill have got it for about $385 or so.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Very nice!! Wish I went to the states lots I would do it that way for sure. I wonder if there is any good Hobby Shops in Seattle? I'll be there in April for AMA Supercross.

RC Champion
    Just ordered the green from Tower, Can't beat the $60 Discount and Free Shipping!!
    I also love the fact that a simple body, body post and wheel switch that we can also have a LCG Slash 4X4

RC Champion
    Right on dj It was either green or ornage for me. Decided to go Orange

As it gets closer I get more excited. For some reason I am more excited to get this car then any other RC I have owned. I almost forgot about the other like 12 packages I'm waiting on LOL.

TOWER NOW SAYS MY ORDER IS READY TO BE SHIPPED I'm guessing this Friday or next week maybe Monday Either way, not fast enough, kinda like the Blue rally. NOT FAST ENUFF

Oh yeah I told the wife last night. And she was like " oh cool ". Ummmmm are you feeling ok? LOL. So I dropped it right away before she changed her mind. She's actually really good with my hobbys and how I spend $. I buy a RC, and she buys $400 worth of hair care products and smelly stuff for the house etc... Why? No clue, do I question it, absoloutely not.
    Last edited by Stephan81; 10-22-2012 at 09:20 AM.

My 2 choices were the same. I debated on but the Orange one me over. I guess to be different. As you can tell my latest builds have been bright. LOL

That's kewl though man. My wife is pretty awesome to. I can't get her to hardly buy anything though, she is very low maintenance. Always wants to spend money on us kids ( little guy, newborn daughter, and ME). She just keeps hinting on a SUV though. I told her once the truck is paid then we will. She just gives me a look everytime she see's the one she wants.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Well, it's my 1 day off then back to 14hr days for a bit starting tomorrow. My plan for tonight.

Strip my Sl4sh PE of all it's goodies and store them aside if I end up needing them. Things I'll be taking off.

Ten-T Shocks
    Aluminum F/R Carriers and Castor Blocks
    F/R Sway Bars
    MIP XDuty CVDS F/R and also have a spare set of Rears
    RPM Towers/Arms/SkidPlate and Bumpers F/R
    Raptor SVT Body
    P-L Beadlocs w/Red Rings (Orange Rings on Order)

The aluminum is all blue but I can live with that I guess, down the road hopefully there is some Orange goodies

I love the look of the orange body. So when my Rally gets here first thing Ill do is drywall tape/sho goo the body so hopefully it lasts me a bit

RC Qualifier
    Your going to be surprised the Orange is VERY Bright its Traffic Cone color lol.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Your going to be surprised the Orange is VERY Bright its Traffic Cone color lol.
    YES!!!! That's even better.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore