Thread: Idle

RC Qualifier

Idle

Well I can't figure out my revo 3.3 because it will not idle and I gave mess with the idle to the point that it I would lose the idle screw and its not acting like the clutch because if I hold the brake it will idle and the throttle setting on the controller is at zero also the wheels don't turn when cranking over like it did with the clutch.... But the ramps are also high and don't like to go down... Could the spring be stretched out?? I guess I would have to look up I have been lazy ( no excuse ) but u would also like other people's opinion
    Thanks
    John

RC Champion
    Are your other needles tuned properly? The HSN and LSN settings will affect the idle.

If the clutch spring was stretched, the clutch would engage at low RPM and the wheels would probably spin when starting and when idling.

If it idles when you apply the brake, your throttle may not be closing all the way when you release the trigger. If it's not closing all the way and the throttle trim is at 0, you need to adjust the linkage.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Qualifier
    Agh found the problem it was the linkage that I didn't look or think hard enough lol
    Thanks