RC Racer

Is the rally worth it?

I have stampede 4x4 and love it, lowered body, al the hop ups, all types of tires, I know they serve different purposes but is there really that much different from slash 4x4 and stampede 4x4. I think the 1/10 rally is cool, just not sure if its cool enough, or different enough to give up stampede for me to buy one. I am not trying to start an argument, or even a heated debate, I actually wouldn't mind having one, but in your guys unbiased opinion is there that much it can do or be better at or funner to drive than a built stampede or sslash vxl 4x4
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Qualifier
    I think the big draw for this car is the LCG chassis. That's the key for handling, gets your weight down lower and allows the car to handle a lot better for racing and such. If you're only a basher, you probably wouldn't need to trade in your Stampede for this.
    Slash 4x4 stock
    Slash 4x4 MMP 2400
    KB Fiesta

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think if you HAVE a slash... you should GET a rally and sell the slash. Then put a slash body on the rally and have an LCG truck. The truth is, your asking an impossible question. There is no perfect car for everyone. Some people have been waiting for a car just like the rally for many years (me). Others look at it and say "who cares, just an LCG slash"... and they are right also.

If you love your stampede and its scratching all of your itches... keep it. If you look at the rally and think "man, THAT is the type of car ive always wanted" then get it. The bonus is that all your stampede upgrades would fit on the rally... so you could have a fully built rally in no time. The downside is that youll certainly loose money on your stampede so the deal WILL cost you something. Your other option is to wait until some chop shops on e-bay have parts and buy all the parts to convert your stampede to a rally... though after looking at the chassis a bit more it seems like that will be more difficult than converting a pede to a slash...

Personally, I had a slash 4X4, monster slash 4X4, onroad 1/8 GT slash 4X4, slash 2X4, monster slash 2X4, LCG slash 2X4, on road 1/8 GT slash 2X4, Stampede 4X4, monster stampede 4X4, ST style pede 4X4... didnt really click with any of them. The rally is peaking my interest though. Maybe its what ive been looking for all along.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    See, I like to offroad with the pede, but no real jumps around, and with the low cog of the rally will it go through 2" to 3" grass allright, and will gravel get caught in the chassis

But actually I have more fun with the pede on the street, with the g-locs it almost seems to defy physics how well it handles, but I imagine rally would handle better on pavement, but seems to me like it might be easy to overstear to much with the narrower tires (not sure how wide tires are)

In the end I want something capable on both.

Plus I never go to the track as I have anxiety and can't handle being around a bunch of people I don't know, unless its a real road course

Stupid traxxas and all there vehicles, tuf decisions
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

RC Champion
    if you got the pede over the slash then i cannot see why you would want the rally apart from how it looks.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    if you got the pede over the slash then i cannot see why you would want the rally apart from how it looks.
    Yah, I have a different manufacturer SCT 2WD that I'm happy with, had the sass 4x4 vxl been available when I purchased other truck I might have bouth the 4x4 slash, but also at the time I was brand loyal as I stuck with old brand for 16 years
    Stampede 4x4 vxl
    Traxxas 1/10 Rally

You have a fiesta now... What do you use it for? The rally be like a larger, more offroad capable fiesta. It's low, will handle excellent on and off road... I can't imagine it would have trouble with a few inches of grass but it won't be as good as your pede in grass or really tough terrain. Think of it like a real rally car... What are they good at?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How about buying one, and really look after it for the first couple of runs. If you really don't like it you can sell it in very good condition or convert it to a LCG Slash and see if you prefer that.

I did a similar thing with the KB 1/16. Didn't know if I'd like it or not having never had an on road car or a mini before. After a few runs I decided it wasn't for me and sold it. Obviously you lose some value but hopefully not too much if it's in good condition.

Until there are a few more videos out, it will be very hard to know.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

^^ Thats a great plan. If you do the math... it wont be hard to get the $$ back while these are still fairly hot and rare.

VXL system $125
    Servo $20
    Battery $15
    Radio $50
    Body $50 (at least, lots of guys will be looking to convert)
    Chassis as a roller $150-200

Thats pretty much all your money right there. Give or take.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    A real, off road capable rally car has been absent in the rc scene for a long time. You can bet this car will not have too many problems negotiating a 1/10 scale off road track. I think maybe traxxas called it 1/10 scale for the fact that it will perform better on a 1/10 as opposed to a 1/8 track with bigger jumps and with body blow over and such.

Many have been slobbering for a bigger rally, and traxxas, seeing the hole in the market, dropped their ball into the court. Other companies have recently been rushing to do the same... Maybe someone at hpi, ofna, etc found out that trx was going to build one, and flopped together what they could to get into the market before the rally's release date...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    My local hobbyshop brought a rally to the carpet track Friday. I was impressed by the looks and very impressed by the handling. It accelerated nice and the brakes were excellent. The tires worked great on the carpet. It jumped about like a slash 4x4, but the body made it look weird when hitting bigger jumps. Had a hard time judging how much brake and gas to give. Would be great as a lcg SC truck though. Just my .02
    rustler vxl, slash 4x4 and now spec class slash.

The answer is Yes!!! It's a fantastic handling little beast.

Please limit all buying/selling/trading/advertising to the Market Place subforum.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-22-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...