Hybrid View

RC Racer

buying a used revo....questions....

Guy at work is selling me it for $20. It appears to be in good condition aside from a broken lower a arm. He doesn't have the radio so can I get one through traxass without the receiver and servos? Or where can I get an aftermarket one for a reasonable price?

RC Champion
    ebay has them cheap. cheaper without the reciever. just wondering if you have the old 27 mhz am controler that takes a crystal. you would have to have the same color crystals in controller, and reciever. the new 2.4 controllers have no crystals. a-arms are cheap as well. try to look for rpm a-arms. bit tougher plastic. hope this helps a bit.

by the way 20 bucks for any traxxas rc is a steal. good for you.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    My goal is to get it all cleaned up fix anything that's broke. Get it running and find an OEM radio. I may sell it, but I dunno. Depends how fun it is.. I also got a nitro rustler that I bought back in 2003 and a bunch of vintage Electrics from the 80's and early 90's.... may get back into the hobby....

RC Racer
    OK. Just picked it up. Aside from from the broken a arm it looks new. Its the 2.5 motor. I can't get it to turn over.... what's the difference between the 2.5 motor and 3.3 motor revos? Aside from the motors. Are the parts interchangeable? What radio came with the 2.5 revos?
    Last edited by ausher1880; 10-19-2012 at 12:23 AM.

RC Qualifier
    The 3.3 has a longer chassis. I think the 2.5 came with a am radio. Does it have reverse? If not you can get a 2ch radio & receiver on ebay for $40.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Racer
    It has reverse and 2 speed transmission. If I can't get the 2.5 running I may swap in a pull start 3.3. Is it a direct drop in?

RC Qualifier
    Yes the. 3.3 is a direct drop in.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    +1 on $20 is a steal for any Traxxas!