Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Great looking rig, Don & Thanks for the profile pics. Let us know how the suspension tweak works out.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks again Oaks. Thanks to Katherine churning in the gulf of mexico I have a few days off of work . I started building a custom wheelie bar using a old integy wheelie bar for parts. Now I'm by no means the best builder but I sure love the feeling of custom building parts myself. The flat bar is a little flimsy so I will stiffen it up with a piece of angle. Trial and error here.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Well here it is. Hope its not raining tomorrow. When I settle the rear end down the wheelie tire touches the ground. Should be interesting lol.

RC Qualifier
    Just made four passes. 64.3mph top speed. Very happy with my adjustments and custom wheelie bar. The front tires lifted just a little. Still steerable. Now I just need a longer street. What's good about this street is its the one I live on. A dead end also. More pictures. Thanks for reading.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, I'm pretty sure that air is collecting under the body. So my question to you guys is would cutting the rear window out help move the air?

Sent from Oser world

RC Enthusiast
    Dirty Don is back!!! Awesome work as always Don. That thing is a rocket on wheels. About cutting the rear window out, I might suggest maybe cutting the tailgate out first. Im thinking the roof might cave in if the window is gone. You could always put some holes in the window like you did with your camero body. Just my 2 cents bro lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo8778 View Post
    Dirty Don is back!!! Awesome work as always Don. That thing is a rocket on wheels. About cutting the rear window out, I might suggest maybe cutting the tailgate out first. Im thinking the roof might cave in if the window is gone. You could always put some holes in the window like you did with your camero body. Just my 2 cents bro lol.
    Hey thanks a bunch JF! Appreciate you taking the time out of your busy Rc research to take a look. Man this thing is running so well. I believe it's time to go for the 37 pinion and let it rip. I'm not near as nervous anymore making these high speed runs.i figured I might hold off on cutting the body until I see how the bigger pinion works. I just filled my belly with one of the best bowls of gumbo I ever had. Good stuff man. Peace...

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    It looks like 64mph is all I can get out of this setup. Could be lipo or length of street. I believe I have enough street so its time for the 37 tooth pinion. Hope it fits with 76 spur?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk now Free

RC Qualifier
    It fits with a little room to spare!! 37/76. Should be able to get a run or two In before I go back offshore to work.

RC Qualifier
    Anxious to see the results of 37/76.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    Anxious to see the results of 37/76.
    Me too! Took patience not to run it earlier. Let the thread lock dry lol.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Well here it is 66.2mph. Made four runs. Had about a 7mph headwind. Stayed in the throttle about as long as I could. Probably could go full throttle a little sooner. This is a hard game but so exciting!

RC Qualifier
    Seems like you should be gaining a little more speed than that. I'd like to see what those gears would do if you had a 3800kv motor in there!!!! Maybe switch to mod 1 gears if possible.

RC Qualifier
    Seems like you should be gaining a little more speed than that. I'd like to see what those gears would do if you had a 3800kv motor in there!!!! Maybe switch to mod 1 gears if possible.
    I know right. This lower kv motor is giving me a hard time. Thanks for your suggestions. I have about six days to research gearing while away at work. The good part is.. My Rc is handling the speed well. I'm in way done trying.

Sent from Oser world

RC Champion
    Awesome work on the wheelie bar, Don! Looks better than what I imagined I'm digging that overhead pic with the lid on and the bar outback. Congrats on picking up more mph, I'm sure a nice flat open stretch of road would see even higher numbers.

RC Qualifier
    I have the same motor in my p2de and I love it. Stays cool even geared relatively high. I usually use 35/76 to just run up and down the street every once in awhile and light bashing. Higher gearing is only gonna get you so far though, I think you may need to invest in a 4s battery and gear down a little bit at first to make sure the truck can handle the speed and see what the higher voltage gets you.

*I'm thinking that maybe the air getting up under the body may possibly be putting a little drag on the truck and slowing you down.. Not sure if there is any validity to that idea, just throwing it out there.

RC Qualifier
    I have the same motor in my p2de and I love it. Stays cool even geared relatively high. I usually use 35/76 to just run up and down the street every once in awhile and light bashing. Higher gearing is only gonna get you so far though, I think you may need to invest in a 4s battery and gear down a little bit at first to make sure the truck can handle the speed and see what the higher voltage gets you.

*I'm thinking that maybe the air getting up under the body may possibly be putting a little drag on the truck and slowing you down.. Not sure if there is any validity to that idea, just throwing it out there.
    Oh I know, motor temps were never over 115deg. Defiantly could handle more gear. That is a 4s lipo brick I'm running. I think you may be right about venting the body. Going to make some changes when I get back. Stay tuned and thanks for your comments.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    Awesome work on the wheelie bar, Don! Looks better than what I imagined I'm digging that overhead pic with the lid on and the bar outback. Congrats on picking up more mph, I'm sure a nice flat open stretch of road would see even higher numbers.
    Thanks again Oaks. That wheelie bar is surly getting used. I was glad to see that it had bearings in it lol. You know I believe your right about a longer road. We have a college football stadium with a huge open parking lot that I could try. I'm probably only in full throttle for four seconds before shutting it down.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Made three purchases last nite. I get bored at work and miss my rc. Found this traxxas 73 tooth spur and two more pinions.

I will still run the set-up I currently have, but in a huge parking lot. If not satisfied then try different gearing.

RC Qualifier
    Nice!!! I may have to pick up those pinions and that spur gear for my 2400 motor for when I want to test the speed on my pede. When can we look forward to seeing the results? You should atleast upload one video of that thing screaming by,lol.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Don that first spur pic is of an 86 tooth. Did not know traxxas made a 73t bowl shaped spur.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Don that first spur pic is of an 86 tooth. Did not know traxxas made a 73t bowl shaped spur.
    ya Rag, I looked at the picture close and I believe it's a 83 lol. I wanted a 73 and didn't want to go metal like HRacing, so I did a search on eBay and that 73 popped up. It appeares to be a new spur for the telluride. The description shows it to be 73. Fingers crossed for a 73.

RC Qualifier
    Nice!!! I may have to pick up those pinions and that spur gear for my 2400 motor for when I want to test the speed on my pede. When can we look forward to seeing the results? You should atleast upload one video of that thing screaming by,lol.
    thanks Baltimore, I might be coming in today. I know it's time for a video. We have a decent camera that takes video. Need to get that all figured out. I'm not that concerned about making proof of speed video until I get to a speed that the community won't believe. I have a ways to go before I get there lol. I will try and make a video happen for you man. Thanks for asking.

RC Qualifier
    Nothing new to talk about just bored out here on a platform in the gulf of mexico. Thought I would post up these two skeletal pics. I like em. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Made it home last night. Had a great helicopter ride in. Pilot was cool and had a lot of great stories about flying missions. Just attempted a speed run with existing setup. I did cut out 75% of rear window. First run 66.9mph. Note, we did have a storm blow through last note. A lot of pine needles on the street. Went for a second run and never had full control. Ended up just bailing into the yard. Couple of flips and a bent wheelie bar. Need to check the front end close for bent or loose parts. Anywho , I got lucky with this one.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like you did get off pretty lucky with that one.. Ever thought about getting a piece of Lexan and trying to make a bottom plate to not allow as much air to get up underneath the body?

RC Qualifier
    Looks like you did get off pretty lucky with that one.. Ever thought about getting a piece of Lexan and trying to make a bottom plate to not allow as much air to get up underneath the body?
    no I haven't, but thanks for the idea. Keep the suggestions coming please. I noticed after the run that I had to much steering. I like to run it at 50% or lower. It was on 62%. Also after further inspection, I noticed the MMP case is busted. Plastic is broken in several places on it. That surprises me how that happened? It still works, but i will disassemble it to see if the fan is binding and try to repair the case the best I can.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Instead of trying to repair it...
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Mamba-Max-Pro
    Not sure myself how you would have damaged it though.

RC Qualifier
    That's a great idea Baltimore. Why didn't i think of that lol. Could it be because the patriots are beating my saints?

RC Qualifier
    Got a MMP case ordered from power hobby. Had a 10% off coupon from them. Might go ahead and waterproof it more with some liquid tape. Never know when I might run into a ditch full of water. Happened to me once already. Thanks for tuning in!

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    That's a great idea Baltimore. Why didn't i think of that lol. Could it be because the patriots are beating my saints?

No problem man...Don't feel bad, my Ravens lost earlier today..

RC Qualifier
    Its all part of the game. That's why I get so excited on every speed run! Maybe the rear shock tower flexed and hit the ESC? I am sending the original rem alloy shock tower back to the manufacture for warranty tomorrow. I bent it while jumping several months ago. I did get a RMA number so its good to go.

RC Qualifier
    Even bent last two rows on heat sink!used needle nose to bend heat sink back. I really want to seal of with liquid tape. Just scared if I ever have to send ESC back to castle for repair. I will wait to see if any of y'all reply on whether or not I should liquid tape the ESC circuit board. Yes or no?

RC Qualifier
    Update: I just figured out how the MMP case was destroyed. It came to me while on my two hour drive to the heliport. I try to spend idle time thinking of RC lol. So its obvious now that during the crash my 4s lipo pack shifted its weight to the ESC. I have the REM alloy heavy duty battery hold down deals but due to batt size I don't use them. I secure my lipo with two heavy duty tyraps.[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/16/megyqeny.jpg[/IMG in this picture you can see the tyrap placement. I am still thinking about running with lipo under the chassis. There is plenty of room. I am scared though about how vulnerable the batt will be. I could possibly install a plastic covering to protect the battery. Got a lot of time to figure all this out. New case should arrive this week. I will be out for several days working. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Your picture link didn't work. I'd try some Velcro straps to help hold it in place a little better. If your not having problems with controlling it at higher speeds and really aren't turning with it... I wouldn't even mount the battery under the chassis for a lower cog. I'd have to weigh out my risk vs. reward to see if its worth potentially damaging the battery if its not properly protected. If you do decide to go that route, I feel it would be pretty easy as long as you had plastic skid plates on the bottom as were willing to dremel a slit in each one large enough to allow a "platform" to slide in and attach somehow.(sorry for the horrible 30 second drawing but I'm bored at work)

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Baltimore. The picture wasn't that important. It just showed my tyrap placement. If I don't do the under chassis lipo deal then I might try placing some sticky rubber like stuff on the top of chassis that way the lipo will sit on that and then tyrap down. I get this sticky rubbery stuff from offshore. It's used on electrical equipment. Thanks again for your help.

Sent from Oser world

Nice Don, Good to see ur still going strong. Looks good my friend
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Nice Don, Good to see ur still going strong. Looks good my friend
    thank you absoloot1. i had retired this rig to the shelf due to bending alloy parts while bashing. you know i have a p2de and p4de to bash with so i decided why not see what kind of trouble i could get into on the streets.i really enjoy having a deticated street rig were alloy parts dont really hinder its performance. Its nice to see you back man. just the other day i was thinking about you. please stay tuned because this ride aint near done with. Its only just begun!!! hoooaaaahhh

RC Qualifier
    So I got back from work yesterday and had a package. The new MMP case was in. Kind of cool that they include the green SCT decal and the original black decal for the case. I opted for no decal. I also glued some thin rubber under the lipo and used tyraps and tape to secure or to the chassis. so I took it outside just a short while ago and made two passes. 66.3mph being the fastest. Then five kids came walking up and the questions, the touching And all that started lol. So I was done. To dangerous with them around and my concentration was lost. Oh well at least its all in one piece still.....to be continued.

RC Qualifier
    Just made another run but this time it ended up in the ditch. Bent the wheelie bar again. I think its time to make another wheelie bar due to the alloy flat bar being weak. I contribute this accident to the HR black alloy servo savor. Its got way to much play. I anticipated this and ordered a kimbrogh 201 servo savor. Well its the wrong one. Its smaller. Not by much though. I might try it out and if not then a stock white servo savor is going on for now. I am done with the HR savor. Seems like it was always wanting to fall apart. Even with locktite. Thanks for reading.