Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    DD: How are the GTR's working on your truck? I have them on my Rally and they are doing great so far. Just curious how they are on a little lighter truck.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    I dont mind the snow when it falls a little at a time over the entire winter, but 27 inches of that snow arrived in november in just two events. Its a real pain having to deal with removing that much all at once, not to mention the terrible driving conditions. Some people have been trying to give it away, but no takers yet. Lol

Does it include free shipping, if so you can package some up and send it my direction. We are lucky to see a snowflake. We were lucky back a few years ago and got 12-16" of snow on Christmas Eve and it stuck around for a couple days. Last time this happened was about 20 yrs earlier. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    The one thing I prefer about the gtr's over the losi's are the lower shock rod ends on the front shocks. They provide a littlemore clearance than the l's. The other thing is the depth of the spring cup, also. I'll probably look to swap those parts over to my losi's since I'm not much on the rubber boots.

Nice score, Don
    Those rubber boots are aggravating. When I finally have enough of the boot, I just rip them off lol. I have only installed the front gtr shocks and haven't had a chance to really get a good feel for them yet. They are super, super smooth though!

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    DD: How are the GTR's working on your truck? I have them on my Rally and they are doing great so far. Just curious how they are on a little lighter truck.

Does it include free shipping, if so you can package some up and send it my direction. We are lucky to see a snowflake. We were lucky back a few years ago and got 12-16" of snow on Christmas Eve and it stuck around for a couple days. Last time this happened was about 20 yrs earlier. LOL
    Loving them some far digger. Only using the front gtr as of now. You know I don't have but 10 months under my RC belt, but these gtr shocks are by far the smoothest I have ever felt. Haven't put that much pressure on the caps yet due to not any big jumps. Wondering how the plastic caps will hold up. I love upgrading, so do you have any idea were or when we could see some alloy caps?

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Just be sure to do a bit of research on the gps models before you bid on them as there are some models of gps/navigation units that only track current speed readings and don't record max speed.

-5 is cold?? Thats like t-shirt weather around here! Lol For the last couple weeks it has been right around the -40C/-40F mark. Oh yeah, and then there's this too:

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Hey Baldy, man I passed that picture you uploaded around to my family. There was quite a few jaw dropping expressions lol. Thank you or the GPS bit of info. I will be more cautious when bidding.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Got one update to mention today. I just received the new rpm green front bumper for the hornet. Sucks though, I am offshore working and not home to put it on. This should help the theme out a lot.

Sent from Oser world

I like that it has a name

And wow baldy. That's nuts!!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Got my new green rpm bumper installed. It really pulls the theme together. Notice my Big Squid sticker. I bought one of their shirts and received a bunch of stickers.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    Wow the bumper DOES tie in the front nicely!! The Green Hornet is one mean machine. Love the Big Squid stickers too. As always good work Don.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo8778 View Post
    Wow the bumper DOES tie in the front nicely!! The Green Hornet is one mean machine. Love the Big Squid stickers too. As always good work Don.
    thank you Josh. The green and black Metal Mulisha sticker you gave me really looks good also.

Ya the metal mulisha decal really pops!
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    A better picture of the RPM green bumper.

RC Qualifier
    Just a little spending update. I am offshore at work and the weather is to bad to work. That's a recipe for spending money on RC lol. So I bought Lunsford titanium links in protrac lengths. I have really enjoyed the lunsford links I put on my bash p2de. Haven't bent one since. I also bought a new radio with extra receiver. I got the Futaba 3pmx. It's the radio featured in Big Squid last radio shoot out. The reception is great at over 1600'! Should be great for long distance speed runs. They said the programming is not easy to follow so I downloaded the manual and started reading it. I also bought the JConcepts slash scalpel body for better aerodynamics during speed runs. I hope it fits. I already have the g-loc tires. Well that's about it. Hopping to get back home soon. Having withdrawals. Don't know what I would do without this forum. Peace

Sent from Oser world

That's cool!
    The futabas are sposed to have great range

RC Qualifier
    Well i am rekindling my flame with "Green Hornet" I had a jump session several weeks ago and after a hard lid landing I bent the rear shock tower. I made up my mind to get it ready to bash with a lot. My time has been spent on a 1/14 scale Mini I bought two months ago. Went crazy on upgrades for it lol. Back to the p2de. I purchased rpm front and rear towers. Just got done installing the rear tower and putting the losi eight shocks back on it. I will send the REM rear tower in for warenty, but will not be using it. Can't wait to have it back on the road again. Not interested in trying to break the sound barrier anymore. Just want a durable basher.

Sent from Oser world

RC Champion
    man that looks like a great set of upgrades. I cannot wait to assemble all my purchases too..the only problem is they are all from all over the place (e-bay) and some take ages...but as they say patience is a virtue.
    have a great time building.
    I see some of you guys managed to lower the body...are there body posts that would replace the default ones on the Gh aluminum body mount?
    like the body of http://traxxas.com/forums/member.php...-thedreadedend
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    I have the same servo saver and it works great.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Got my new green rpm bumper installed. It really pulls the theme together. Notice my Big Squid sticker. I bought one of their shirts and received a bunch of stickers.

Kinda late but that looks good and I have stacks of big squid stickers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Well I was getting excited to drive my p2de tomorrow. I replaced both shock towers with rpm and reinstalled my four 8ight shocks. While sitting outside barbecuing and showing my father a little about my p2de I noticed the front left protrac arm broke in two places, bummed. Looked at the rear protrac arms and the left and right are also broke in one spot each. Front right is ok. Now I did have one pretty good bash/jumping session with it last month. I don't want to turn this into a protrac thread lol. I did not boil the arms before using them. My question is, should I have boiled the arms? Thanks in advance.

Sent from Oser world

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Well I was getting excited to drive my p2de tomorrow. I replaced both shock towers with rpm and reinstalled my four 8ight shocks. While sitting outside barbecuing and showing my father a little about my p2de I noticed the front left protrac arm broke in two places, bummed. Looked at the rear protrac arms and the left and right are also broke in one spot each. Front right is ok. Now I did have one pretty good bash/jumping session with it last month. I don't want to turn this into a protrac thread lol. I did not boil the arms before using them. My question is, should I have boiled the arms? Thanks in advance.

Sent from Oser world
    Considering the excessive amount of protrac parts breakage in the last while, I would have to go with "yes" boil em. It apparently works to make the plastic parts more flexible and couldn't hurt to try. All these more recent protrac breakages makes me wish I would have ordered a couple dozen protrac kits 1.5+yrs ago, as they were stronger back then. I'm still running the same front/rear protrac arms on my HR p2de XL that I bought close to 2 years ago with no issue other than some slop at the hinge pins. I was hitting some fairly big launches and landing on asphalt with the HR a few days ago and broke a 5mm steel rear camber link and snapped both rear lower shock rod ends and the arms are still holding strong.

It's getting to the point that Ive recently found myself reluctant to recommend the protrac parts because of the lack of durability being reported. This is where RPM should be jumping in and making some extended front arms to even out the track width for the big air bashers, or strc or flm making some wider c-blocks to get the width. I've had good results so far on two of my other p2des running the rpm front arms and Rcsolutions aluminum wide c-blocks to even out the track width and when the old protrac arms on the hr p2de give out, this is the route I will take with that truck as well. You should post some pics of all the cracks on the arms if you can so we can check em out, then send some pics or a link to this thread to proline as well and see what they have to say about it.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    OK here is a picture of my broken pro line protrac arms. The rear arms are cracked were I put the Teflon tape. The front right arm not in picture has hairline cracks in the exact same location as the left arm.

RC Racer
    wow. Ive split my chassis twice and have yet to break my pro-trac kit arms. **knock on wood***
    Rob
    P2DE Driver.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by roberz00 View Post
    wow. Ive split my chassis twice and have yet to break my pro-trac kit arms. **knock on wood***
    Glad to here you are having no issues. I am over it now. I can't put all the blame on the arms as my p2de is quite heavy. Don't have a exact weight.

RC Qualifier
    I picked up some strc silver alloy from lhs a few months back. They were selling them at half price to move some stock I guess. I installed them yesterday. Very glad I had ordered some stock length lunsford links. It was a pain to convert all the links back to stock length. Its done now. Since I went with rpm towers, I was finally able to mount the front body post correctly. Just made a few high speed passes down the road. I am glad to finally have the hornet running again. What's next for this RC? Durability I hope.

RC Racer
    its all good tho.
    Rob
    P2DE Driver.

RC Qualifier
    Bringing this Rc out of the closet. Time for some minor updates. Stay tuned. Thanks.

RC Champion
    and i have hit a tree twice...no braeking of the front pro arms
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    and i have hit a tree twice...no braeking of the front pro arms
    Well I don't run them on this RC anymore but I do use them on my p4de and bash p2de. Enough about pro line arms. I have decided to modify this beautiful stampede into a street speed machine. I started a thread about ballooning gloc tires and I've gone into a little detail about what I've done already. Already made a couple of speed runs. Here is one of them.
    I don't do videos. Believe it or not lol. I will update this thread when I can get on my iPad.

RC Racer
    you win Don. Fastest I had my p2de up to was 45.
    Rob
    P2DE Driver.

RC Qualifier
    you win Don. Fastest I had my p2de up to was 45.
    45 is fast also. I'm not trying in any way to be faster than you guys. I just caught that crazy speed itch and I'm gonna scratch it till I break it lol.

45 is fast also. I'm not trying in any way to be faster than you guys. I just caught that crazy speed itch and I'm gonna scratch it till I break it lol.

Everybody gets that speed itch phase sometime in this hobby

RC Qualifier
    Mine must be that 7 year thing. Been trying to get faster since I got my first pede in 2005. 54 is my ceiling so far. I'm giving her all she's got cap`n. More dilithium might do it...and by that I mean better than 3s. Incidentally...saw a video on youtube the other day on how to take apart an X0-1 in 1 second http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCblMr7dSdU. Now that's a scratched itch.

RC Qualifier
    It's definitely not as easy as the 65mph that traxxas advertises on the box lol. I did manage 63.5 today. Last max speed was 62, so I'm getting better. I believe I have the gear left, but it's the length of street and the blow overs that are messing me up. Need some more weight up front.
    My gearing is a traxxas 76 spur and a 34 tooth pinion. Can't remember the manufacture of the pinion. My biggest pinion is a alloy 37. The juice is a 5000mah 4s 40-80c lipo.
    The changes to the REM alloy chassis package I made are, rpm shock towers, traxxas stock pede rear chassis brace. I find that the stock brace tightens up the rear end better.

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    Missed some pics.

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone out there know of a simple but effective wheelie bar design? I am looking for something like half the distance of the RC long. Any suggestions? Thanks

RC Champion
    I looked over the TRAXXAS funny car design and thought maybe you could fab up something similar where the gear case gets drilled to accept pivot balls and rod ends with some extra beefy links? You might even be able to use the funny car assembly? Paging BaldyDaniels...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    I looked over the TRAXXAS funny car design and thought maybe you could fab up something similar where the gear case gets drilled to accept pivot balls and rod ends with some extra beefy links? You might even be able to use the funny car assembly? Paging BaldyDaniels...
    thanks Oaks. i never thought of that. the swami bar is comming off. it does nothing when the front starts to lift at high speeds. I did manage to borrow a piece of poly flow (3/8" tubing) Going to split the tubing in half and secure two pieces to top of body for skid rails. thanks for reading and helping bring this thread back to life.

RC Champion
    Dude, your stampede is still one of the sickest I have seen Any chance you could run the swami upside down? Also, if it weren't for the 4S brick, I'd recommend one 2S on top of the chassis and the other underneath it. Good luck man, I have seen some rediculous videos of 80+mph in a p2de so I know you can do it. Your combo is good for it, that's for sure

Hey, any chance you would hook a brotha up with a bodyless, sort of profile shot? I'd love to see how it sits with that 4S pack in it
    Last edited by Oaks; 10-01-2013 at 07:13 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Oaks. i appreciate that. you know i did have that same thought about mounting the lipo underneath. I did try it without running and it does fit nice. It just scares me a little bit and now i am on a strict budget lol. Swami bar upside down? Might have to take a look at that. what i believe i will do is fabricate a long wheelie bar. Even if its something that just sparks lol. When i get in from offshore i will get you a profile picture. Should be coming in soon as there is the chance of a tropical storm moving through the gulf of mexico. That dosent hurt my feelings as i am ready to come home and play.

RC Champion
    Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what your truck looks like in speed run mode, but I know a lot of the rusty guys have the suspension slammed with fuel tubing or something. I even saw some sugar wolf video that looked like the lower front shock was mounted where the outer front hinge pin is located. Your combo is good for 70 80. A few tweaks (you'll have to put bashing on the back burner) and you'll be going a good amount faster than 62. And I know you want that.

Swami bar upside down is where it slants towards the street. But I know all you really want to prevent is the blow over. It's not like you're trying to ride wheelies, scraper bar, slapper bar, whatever, a solution.

Get home safe, I still want to see those profile shots later

RC Qualifier
    OK Oaks I believe this is a profile shot. If not let me know. I reversed the swami bar for this pic. The rear end is sitting up high due to the heavy springs and ride height adjustment I made. I raised the rear because I believe that under full throttle the rear should settle down and hopefully not raise the front so much. Only a speed run will confirm my adjustment.